The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

2 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

Perhaps this is a 1 big surprise...

New Warframes are slated to be released with Update 18.5.  

it says here that comes more than one frame.... Steve and the river on twitter beginning  in the year 2016 We expect him to go out in 2 months. which means Umbra coming out in March, when update 18.5 comes out... This has some logic, is it not?

Hmmmm, could just be bad phrasing? But I'm optimistically hoping that's what it means.

7 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

Well, we usually gets 3/4 updates every year, so having the very first 2016 update in autumn would mean that this year we would get 1/2 instead, which is a bit unlikely.

updates, ok, as well as ...

let me try to rise the quality of this umbra-thread ^^)

new umbra warframe unleashed ?

i mean ... look at this amazing hair, this is clear umbra colourz ... and umbras are grineer origin, you can see it at the grineed "cosmetics"

Spoiler

newwarframe.jpg

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I would like one for Ember. I think it would play nicely with her whole fire thing. "Ember Umbra. This is the shadow and smoke created by the fire of Ember Prime."

Oh? You want Ember Umbra? Hopefully they show you Ember Umbra soon...

and then not talk about it for almost a year because of "Lore" since that's they way DE deals with Umbra.

18 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

Perhaps this is a 1 big surprise...

New Warframes are slated to be released with Update 18.5.  

it says here that comes more than one frame.... Steve  launches the news on twitter in beginning  in the year 2016: We expect him to go out in 2 months. which means Umbra coming out in March, when update 18.5 comes out... This has some logic, is it not?

a7ko3R5.png

here we go ^^)

5 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

I suppose I'd like Umbra versions of the frames I use the most(other than Excalibur)  like Frost, Ash, Ember and Loki. 

Funny how despite 3 years of playing I still use 90% of the time very old frames, like if there's no one among the newest that can make me replace them.. 

just true ! when it comes to common harder missions, they are the best, i dont know why, as well as im curious how a umbra version of a few less of them will look like or function ... ^^)

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

, and it could flipflop between the newer and older frames so it's not even remotely predictable who we'll get next.

Limbo Umbra confirmed.

Just picture THE SALT, that would be unleashed, if we got like Limbo or Hydroid Umbra next. lol

On 26.2.2016 at 4:13 PM, siralextraffo said:

Well, we usually gets 3/4 updates every year, so having the very first 2016 update in autumn would mean that this year we would get 1/2 instead, which is a bit unlikely.

i tried to be funny because DE does what DE want ^^)

On 2/27/2016 at 6:48 PM, maak4422 said:

Limbo Umbra confirmed.

Just picture THE SALT, that would be unleashed, if we got like Limbo or Hydroid Umbra next. lol

I've been thinking, though, can you picture Nekros Prime? Limbo Prime? Hydroid?
Honestly, some Frames don't seem like the white-sometimes-black and gold color scheme would fit them
I've been wondering if Umbras will be exclusive to certain Warframes. Like we may never get a Nekros Prime but we would get a Nekros Umbra, just as we'd never have Frost Umbra since there's already a Frost Prime. Excalibur would be the only exception.

While I'm here, everyone keeps making connections from Excal Umbra to Stalker (which he still looks like vanilla Excal to me, but anyways). Utilizing both the Excalibur and Stalker Codex entries, I'm betting Umbra frames are Sentient frames
Excalibur: The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses.
Stalker: ... Our cold and gold emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior silk... I watched from a distance with the rest of the low Guardians... I tried to call out, but only a strangled whisper escaped.

The design of Excal Umbra is definitely a nod to the Stalker's codex entry (covered in silky scarves with gold trim). We also know that the Stalker is, himself, a Tenno, so why would he be suspicious of them? Wouldn't he know what was happening? Unless the Sentients had developed a way to use their technology against them and control the Tenno through transference. Meanwhile, Stalker would be watching from a distance with the rest of the low guardians (like, I don't know, his acolytes) and through transference, watch as the Orokin are slaughtered by their own hands, unaware it's even them as not only are they in a second dream, they are completely out of control; or am I the only one wondering why the enemy of the Sentients, their greatest threat, a Warframe, just strolls on in to the Sentient HQ like "what up I brought a Loki head gimme your sword"

But no, the guy who hates anything that betrayed the Orokin totally wants to work with the Sentients who are the enemies the Orokin needed protection from with Warframes in the first place. Water under the bridge, amiright?

EDIT: Also, helping a friend get through Natah tonight and caught this little gem
"We severed the worlds, let them destroy me, why is the sequence not complete?"
Right so all I heard was "we set the Orokin up to be slaughtered by the Tenno at what should have been their proudest moment, and then Lotus was supposed to destroy the Tenno but she decided not to"

Edited by (PS4)blue23454

6 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i personally would think

umbra equinox or umbra valkyr would be interesting 

Umbra Equinox would be deliciously rage inducing. People would actually stroke out. It would be amazing. I would just be the happiest. More happy than anything on Earth.

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Umbra Equinox would be deliciously rage inducing. People would actually stroke out. It would be amazing. I would just be the happiest. More happy than anything on Earth.

The rage would be even bigger if there was only one equinox upgrade. Imgine the farm for Equinox Prime Day Form and Equinox Umbra Night form, and then the farm for the [creative name] Equinox  bp which allows to mix both of them. 

Makes sense due to equinox duality, anyways it doesn't make sense for many other reasons.

5 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

The rage would be even bigger if there was only one equinox upgrade. Imgine the farm for Equinox Prime Day Form and Equinox Umbra Night form, and then the farm for the [creative name] Equinox  bp which allows to mix both of them. 

Makes sense due to equinox duality, anyways it doesn't make sense for many other reasons.

In fairness though, making Equinox Day as a Prime, and Equinox Night as Umbra would be utterly amazeballs.

On Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 6:34 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

heres a  concept question, what frames do you think can have an umbra variant..? 

Great question

If I was the one putting out UMBRA Warframes, I would do it that all the new Warframes after Zeph that do not have a Immortal Skin would become Umbra. This would make them the Black Ops of Warframes that have been dealing with threats outside of Lotus view such as Chroma, Mesa, and those others. Excal being the only exception since he is always the first to attempt new things in Warframeville.

I always thought that Umbra was more or less alternative version of the primes.

and It's seems to be that way.

Though I have mixed feelings about umbras warframe, they will have different abilities or they will just nothing more but copies of their regular and prime counterpart.?

If it's just copies then I will just have only umbra excalibur as an alternative to Excalibur Prime since I'm prime collector

Edited by firelordzx5

18 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

they are for lack of another concept the dark reflections of the primes. so they are supposedly equivalent to a "prime" but with alternate stats 

and looks 

Then I'm disappointed.

It's redundant to have Three Excaliburs that do the SAME EXACT THING.

I was expecting different abilities or something added to said ability

1 hour ago, firelordzx5 said:

Then I'm disappointed.

It's redundant to have Three Excaliburs that do the SAME EXACT THING.

I was expecting different abilities or something added to said ability

Agree.

No point having 2 mastery fodders per frame (Don't forget that it's not just gonna be Excalibur. All the frames will likely get Umbraed too).

That would just make it a farm fest for a small lazy tweak.

It should come with new abilities and not be just minor tweaks like Primes which is just laziness.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

I'd like to see a Valkyr Umbra based on the Dullahan Dullahan?file=Dullahan_SMTIV.jpg

Ok, screw it, images aren't working..

If we're going to go into the shadows with the waframes, I would like to see some seriously 'dark' stylistic differences.

Edited by NDarkstar