The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

9 hours ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

You founder guys are a minuscule group of completely bias guys who don't care about Excalibur Umbra because you already got something close to good enough. This is something for the other 99.9% of the Warframe community.

So.......what does that mean for someone like me? You know, someone who has never for even a second felt the slightest bit of resentment over the Founder's Pack, never felt envy over Excalibur Prime, but who is quite interested in Excalibur Umbra? 

Making Umbra the band-aid for people who resent Founder exclusivity is less interesting than just doing something new.

Yeah, now the game is great and successfull .... not something that could be successfull in future, like in earlier days ...with crappy bosses and lore and so on...

So now there are more people that would invest money to that game, because there isnt a real risk right now as in the past .

The Game will stay alive right now ... And i purchased many PA's too... that isnt something special without that risk to spend money on a game  that could fail soon

10 hours ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

You founder guys are a minuscule group of completely bias guys who don't care about Excalibur Umbra because you already got something close to good enough. This is something for the other 99.9% of the Warframe community.

Acting like 1,2,5,10,100 examples of a category are enough to define it entirely it's never a good thing.

SOME of us Founders are like you described, yes; just SOME.

And by the way .. i love the design of umbra ... its sad that it is made from china ...and a fanmade stolen concept :/ ...

But i dont would like to have awesome designed Umbra-Frames, that can do the same things as Primes or regular Frames...

I mean ... i dont need a second (for example) Ember (umbra)  that uses the same power-skills as Ember/Ember Prime ...

Yeah I love awesome golden designed frames... but not in that case ....Why should we use 3 different looking Embers that have the same abilities ... and forma them ..and so on ..

16 minutes ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

Yeah, now the game is great and successfull .... not something that could be successfull in future, like in earlier days ...with crappy bosses and lore and so on...

So now there are more people that would invest money to that game, because there isnt a real risk right now as in the past .

The Game will stay alive right now ... And i purchased many PA's too... that isnt something special without that risk to spend money on a game  that could fail soon

Yeah. A lot of people don't seem to understand that investing in the game now is totally different from investing in it in the past.

Just because you can buy facebook shares at a dollar in the past doesn't mean you can do it now and reap the profits. It's just simple economics. The exclusive stuff that founders got are the profits.

Just because you start investing now doesn't mean you reap the same profits.

Also, this thread is about Umbra so why is the focus constantly on this?

In the end, my question is still why can't Umbra come with different abilities?

If you are worried about the look, just make it so that if you have Umbra, you can slap on its skin to a normal excal or excal prime if you own it and vice versa and voila! 2 choices for ability sets and still you can choose what look you want.

It's a win-win. Instead of just being lazy and make a minor clone of excal or excal prime, slap a different look on it and call it umbra. In the end, people will just use only 1 of the 3 (whichever they feel is strongest) and they will play exactly the same so what's the point? 1 mastery fodder (normal frame) isn't enough? We need 2? And for god's sake, stop thinking of it as just Excal alone. After Excal umbra is launched, and the other umbras come out, ALL of us are affected! All of us now already have access to prime and normal versions of non-excals so what is the point?

Think far, people!

That said, if I'm DE, I will probably just do it the lazy way. Saves time and from what I see here, people will still spend money on a clone just for a different look.

3 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Yeah. A lot of people don't seem to understand that investing in the game now is totally different from investing in it in the past.

Just because you can buy facebook shares at a dollar in the past doesn't mean you can do it now and reap the profits. It's just simple economics. The exclusive stuff that founders got are the profits.

Just because you start investing now doesn't mean you reap the same profits.

Also, this thread is about Umbra so why is the focus constantly on this?

In the end, my question is still why can't Umbra come with different abilities?

If you are worried about the look, just make it so that if you have Umbra, you can slap on its skin to a normal excal or excal prime if you own it and vice versa and voila! 2 choices for ability sets and still you can choose what look you want.

It's a win-win. Instead of just being lazy and make a minor clone of excal or excal prime, slap a different look on it and call it umbra. In the end, people will just use only 1 of the 3 (whichever they feel is strongest) and they will play exactly the same so what's the point? 1 mastery fodder (normal frame) isn't enough? We need 2? And for god's sake, stop thinking of it as just Excal alone. After Excal umbra is launched, and the other umbras come out, ALL of us are affected! All of us now already have access to prime and normal versions of non-excals so what is the point?

Think far, people!

That said, if I'm DE, I will probably just do it the lazy way. Saves time and from what I see here, people will still spend money on a clone just for a different look.

Hey , yeah , thats what i mean .. just having 3  versions of (for example Ember or Forst) is too much ...  3x Frames that would get formas, potatoes and a exilus slot for just being the same thing with another design...

it is a grind game ...

primes get power passive via death orbs 

umbras have yet unknown extra passive 

and having multiple variations allows for more variation in squads and build setups imo

per DE Steve in dev stream

Spoiler

"warped versions of frames you know and love"

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

37 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

it is a grind game ...

primes get power passive via death orbs 

umbras have yet unknown extra passive 

and having multiple variations allows for more variation in squads and build setups imo

per DE Steve in dev stream

Hide contents

"warped versions of frames you know and love"

That's kind of a neat way to think of it, regarding the variation in squads bit.
Although it's nothing like traditional online MMO RPG's that have two subclass branches, which each branch off of two more, so not everyone is playing the same exact 'warrior' class, but it's it's still a nice first step regarding aesthetics and passives between vanilla to prime to umbra relationship.

That, and it'd be easier on the eyes of not running into 3 other Goofy-Movie-and/or-Kinddom Hearts shoes via proto-armor Excal's slashing and dashing all in the same party haha.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

I really think this will help squad dynamics, also the stats from china excal umbra prime =/= global ecal umbra stats

they will be different warframes and have different potential, how different is yet to be seen, but those differences could help squad dynamics 

passives of an umbra + passives of prime used in conjunction to make a squad more lethal or more survivable 

Prime passive:

Spoiler

special passive ability where contact with an Orokin Void Death Orb will make them release an energy pulse that grants 250 Energy to all nearby allies. This effect can only occur once per Death Orb, and can occur even if the Death Orb has been previously destroyed.

Based in the Devstream noting thta teh Umbra Warframe are "Warped version of the frames you know and love" 

I have my suspiction tha they might be quest based frame instead of grinding Void-esque missions. Noting by the look of excalibur umbra that instead of being white and gold like it's prime counterpart, this frame is Black and golden instead. this made me thing in few things.

What if theses frames were the finished product of the Prime's "Prototypes?"

17 minutes ago, firelordzx5 said:

Based in the Devstream noting thta teh Umbra Warframe are "Warped version of the frames you know and love" 

I have my suspiction tha they might be quest based frame instead of grinding Void-esque missions. Noting by the look of excalibur umbra that instead of being white and gold like it's prime counterpart, this frame is Black and golden instead. this made me thing in few things.

What if theses frames were the finished product of the Prime's "Prototypes?"

steve was quoted in one of the earlier devs as saying the umbras are  "warped versions of frames you know and love"

weve theorized they could possibly be prototypes, or that the stalker is the excal  umbra protoype 

but a few frames have a gold and black coloration 

rhino prime, volt prime, trinity prime off hand

maybe this color coding is the connection to what frames can gain a umbra form ?

white = has umbra counterpart

black = no umbra counterpart

If this sticky exists why are topics like the devstream Q&A littered with people asking if umbra has been cancelled? Why aren't they getting redirected here? It's just annoying when every page has 10 people asking "where's excal umbra?"

Edited by (PS4)appretice
ty for redirecting this. searched for sticky but didn't see this. mobile forums are confusing. give us back desktop view lol

3 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

steve was quoted in one of the earlier devs as saying the umbras are  "warped versions of frames you know and love"

weve theorized they could possibly be prototypes, or that the stalker is the excal  umbra protoype 

but a few frames have a gold and black coloration 

rhino prime, volt prime, trinity prime off hand

maybe this color coding is the connection to what frames can gain a umbra form ?

white = has umbra counterpart

black = no umbra counterpart

Hmmmm. That would be kinda weird, but let's play...

Yes means the Warframe can have an Umbra variant under this scheme. No means it cannot.

Excalibur - Yes.

Mag - Yes.

Loki - Yes.

Frost - No.

Ember - No.

Rhino - No.

Trinity - No.

Ash - Yes?

Nova - No?

Nyx - Yes.

Saryn - Yes.

Volt - No.

I dunno man. It's an odd list.

5 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Hmmmm. That would be kinda weird, but let's play...

Yes means the Warframe can have an Umbra variant under this scheme. No means it cannot.

Excalibur - Yes.

Mag - Yes.

Loki - Yes.

Frost - No.

Ember - No.

Rhino - No.

Trinity - No.

Ash - Yes?

Nova - No?

Nyx - Yes.

Saryn - Yes.

Volt - No.

I dunno man. It's an odd list.

it is an odd list i agree, but i actually can see it ....strange as it seems

the excal part does provide evidence as its matching what we have 

also we have non prime frames yet, so those could expand 

what does the list look like in order of release? 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Perhaps the umbra are the opposite of the Primes.

Let's take Excal Prime and Umbra..

Excalibur Prime is White and Gold | Excalibur Umbra is Black and Gold

Volt Prime is Black and golden | Volt Umbra would be White (possibly grey?) and Gold(?)

DE can't simply rule out some frames due to their coloration

Edited by firelordzx5

8 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

what about he orokin marked ones?

certain frames have orokin words or symbols inscribed 

I wouldn't expect that to make a difference, to be honest. Some of those markings are just serial numbers written in Orokin script.

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I wouldn't expect that to make a difference, to be honest. Some of those markings are just serial numbers written in Orokin script.

possibly the order of numbers /or how they coralate to ..prime numbers o .o *tin foil hat time i guess, sorry* 

just trying to think of what method we can divulge from our current knowledge base that could be plausible for de to implement 

That doesn't make sense though. All frames eventually get deluxe skins and Primes, but not Umbras? It would make sense if they meant a limited set of weapons like Vandal, Wraith, Dex, Prime, Prisma. Not every weapon is going to get one of those. There are too many.