The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

actually it does, as the point in time we "jump" to is after they are dead 

"The Second Dream unveiled the desolate Moon from The Void. But there was once a time when the Orokin ruled over the Solar System from this prestigious satellite, a home full of awe-inspiring architecture

The time has come to explore both timelines. Your deft spy skills are called upon as you overcome time-bending challenges on new Moon missions."

Ya but this post that revealed Orokin moon spy missions kinda hints otherwise

https://warframe.com/news/attention-pc-tenno-31

once a time when the Orokin ruled over the Solar System from this prestigious satellite

its not saying they do rule it, but was once ruled. there is no indication of time of the orokin, just "time bending " , dosnt say a specific point, 

like the towers guarded by the neural sentry the moon is left untouched. there was a lore section dictating the "doors were locked " meaning when the noble class orokin perished,  the corpus/lower class were locked out of these areas.

the moon has no neural sentry, so it was left to fall to the passage of time, the timeslips bring us to a point it was intact is all

I personallyh think that this has something to do with the sentient, when you come to think of it, it was the sentient hunhow who gave stalker the armor that looks like excalibur umbra. maybe is like the primes, but instead of being golden orokin suits, there is this new kind of suit, when you examine it, it kinda looks like a sentient with spikes and all of those thinks, i know there is going to be a backstory for this suits though, maybe the sentient found a way to build warframes, or maybe they redisigned them in the old war, when the warframes made team with the sentients lured by lotus.

Hey folks. If you recall my previous two escapades into slow loading Chinese websites for more images of Umbra, expect nothing too exciting from the following finds. There are hardly any new screenshots from the few sources I use.

Same as before, have fun with these because I'm not. I'm not sure anyone is even having true fun anymore with the subject, or ever has. I'm feeling dusty and overall incredibly exhausted discussing Umbra, so I'll take my absence from this thread (as if it matters...) until/if I am able to locate more screenshots and/or DE lets us out of the dark.

Spoiler

RQKowFYRS70AAAAAAAb_3ihZvbQ74.pngRQKowFYzViwAAAAAAAIetQwlVTk30.jpg

RAKowFaIiksAAAAAAASOmmVGnAI84.png

RQKowFYuJokAAAAAAAb4ywVNShk39.jpg

Edited by LazerSkink
Grammatical error

6 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

Hey folks. If you recall my previous two escapades into slow loading Chinese websites for more images of Umbra, expect nothing too exciting from the following finds. There are hardly any new screenshots from the few sources I use.

Same as before, have fun with these because I'm not. I'm not sure anyone is even having true fun anymore with the subject, or ever has. I'm feeling dusty and overall incredibly exhausted discussing Umbra, so I'll take my absence from this thread (as if it matters...) until/if I am able to locate more screenshots and/or DE decides lets us out of the dark.

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for the images. Seeing these makes me really happy 

Got to thinking last night about the order of primes.

And this is a stretch, because umbra is not a prime.

But you know how Primes release male->male->female->female, and white->black->white->black?

Volt was Black, who was followed by White Ash, who was followed by Black Trinity, followed by White Saryn...

The next prime should be male. And Black. And Umbra *is* black. And while I personally hope the next prime is Nekros, I would not be upset if umbra came out first.

Just a little silly food-for-thought. :-)

13 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

Same as before, have fun with these because I'm not. I'm not sure anyone is even having true fun anymore with the subject, or ever has. I'm feeling dusty and overall incredibly exhausted discussing Umbra, so I'll take my absence from this thread (as if it matters...) until/if I am able to locate more screenshots and/or DE decides lets us out of the dark.

Hide contents

thanks again for the pics!

i do appreciate it and i know many others do, yes we do get toxicity here and there, but i think the majority of participants are good natured and just what to explore the concept(s) 

again good work !

ive downloaded them and will add them to the misc section :D

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

56 minutes ago, (PS4)Shade0217 said:

But you know how Primes release male->male->female->female, and white->black->white->black?

Volt was Black, who was followed by White Ash, who was followed by Black Trinity, followed by White Saryn...

The next prime should be male. And Black. And Umbra *is* black. And while I personally hope the next prime is Nekros, I would not be upset if umbra came out first.

its possible that the umbra variations will have inverted color scheme of the prime counterparts

excal prime is white, umbra excal is black for example, white trinity umbra lol ... wait that sounds cool actually ....

at this time umbras wont be released like pimres, part of his delay is DE trying to figure out how they want to incorporate the umbras into warframe in lore, quest, and drops 

as excal umbra will be the first , but more to come tenno.

Just now, KinetosImpetus said:

So I can use Immortal and Mordred, all I needed to know, ty

welcome tenno :D

2 hours ago, (PS4)Shade0217 said:

If umbra is dark there will be no white umbras 

DE said umbra is a quest 

and umbras may be a factor like how there is a codex of a factor call Stalker http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Acolyte

and what if stalker was going to tell his acolyte to kill alad v not by Hunhow

Edited by (PS4)thebatmantyler

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i have some in the scarf section in OP, maybe ill make a new section on umbra and accessories or something...any suggestions?

ex:

Z48MzI.jpg

Can't wait to put Excalibur Prime's helm on this guy just to see how it looks. I'll probably be rocking the default umbra forever though.

20 hours ago, ChanneleroMLG said:

I personallyh think that this has something to do with the sentient, when you come to think of it, it was the sentient hunhow who gave stalker the armor that looks like excalibur umbra. maybe is like the primes, but instead of being golden orokin suits, there is this new kind of suit, when you examine it, it kinda looks like a sentient with spikes and all of those thinks, i know there is going to be a backstory for this suits though, maybe the sentient found a way to build warframes, or maybe they redisigned them in the old war, when the warframes made team with the sentients lured by lotus.

That's kinda a given, but in devstream 70 they hinted that the new moon tile sets have some sort of reference for some upcoming quest

25 minutes ago, (PS4)LenKun98 said:

That's kinda a given, but in devstream 70 they hinted that the new moon tile sets have some sort of reference for some upcoming quest

The moon missions now feature some kind of weird Void ghost imprints, hovering about near consoles and things.

They also said that Ballas is likely to be involved, as he did some more voice acting.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

Excalibur Umbra is the Prime Version for the chinesses.

Meanwhile Umbra here in the west is the response for the entire player base that aren't founders the point is that apparently, there are some mixed feelings about Umbra specially these that are founders or are simply discontent about having another line of warframe aside of the prime and regular.

On 10/03/2016 at 1:54 AM, LazerSkink said:

Same as before, have fun with these because I'm not. I'm not sure anyone is even having true fun anymore with the subject, or ever has. I'm feeling dusty and overall incredibly exhausted discussing Umbra, so I'll take my absence from this thread (as if it matters...) until/if I am able to locate more screenshots and/or DE lets us out of the dark.

Reveal hidden contents

I don't quite recognize the handle of the weapon on his back in the second picture. Is it Anku's? Not in the position to double check.

2 minutes ago, KinetosImpetus said:

I think Scindo Prime 

Ah yes could be, though I used it recently (last week sometime) and didn't recognize the handle - spent a while trying sugatra combo's. That said my memory is still a little hazy.

Edited by Naith

Just now, Naith said:

Could be though I used it recently (last week sometime) and didn't recognize the handle - spent a while trying sugatra combo's. That said my memory is still a little hazy.

I just checked wiki and it's definitely more likely Scindo Prime. Anku has a kind of blade that sits away from the handle a bit.