The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

I think the 6% is in  status, and not in the  appearance.... DE says for sure if the rest 94% to be the same... if he said 80% looks the same as the original, then I'd (we)suspected for a changes in appearance  

Edited by Vlada91

1 minute ago, Vlada91 said:

I think the 6% is in  status, and not in the  appearance.... DE says for sure if the rest 94% to be the same... if he said 80% looks the same as the original, then I'd (we)suspected for a umbra look

My thoughts and hopes exactly, please DE don't make him look different :'(

I guess that we can get  the new oberon delux skin before umbra. So for now it would be good reason to be interested with such cool oberon look.all until we get precious Umbra :)

Spoiler

better to hope for something less good,until we get something bigger and amazing :)

Edited by Vlada91

1 minute ago, KinetosImpetus said:

Prime Passive - on touching death orb, get 250 energy

Umbra Passive - in picking up 10 energy orbs, spawn a death orb? 

That would make Umbra better than Prime because one passive is location restricted. I think it's time for DE to give Primes a passive that isn't location restricted - would make coming up with Umbra's easier too.

15 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

Still hoping they go the Umbra = Dark Knights and Prime = Paladins route. They could represent Warframes that are affected by Tenno vices or virtues, since Umbra are suppose to be twisted, darker Primes.

"Man, I dunno. When I'm operating any baseline Warframe, I'm fine. When I'm in a Prime, feels great. But....dude. When I Transfer into an Umbra, it's like being two drinks down and kinda pissed off, all the time. I swear, it's not me, it's the damned Umbra, there's something wrong in the nervous system of the damned thing."

39 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

"Man, I dunno. When I'm operating any baseline Warframe, I'm fine. When I'm in a Prime, feels great. But....dude. When I Transfer into an Umbra, it's like being two drinks down and kinda pissed off, all the time. I swear, it's not me, it's the damned Umbra, there's something wrong in the nervous system of the damned thing."

I think you misinterpreted my post. It's more like Tenno's inner desires and beliefs having an affect on the Warframe. As a result, it becomes twisted by those thoughts.

Your post fits nicely with my previous musings of the Warframe voices seeping in though. I suppose both thoughts could be intertwined. Warframe voices affect Operator> Operator thoughts begin to change slowly> Warframe starts to reflect whats within.

Would probably require retconing or filling in things that don't make sense with more lore.

ive often thought the umbras passives would be more..aggressive

a void based aura cloaks them  and affects the umbras and "team near them" by converting all power based damage dealt to be void which is not debuffed or buffed by damage 2.0 at this time

similiar to "umbra lance" in terms of use while active

cannot stack but has a timer ...

another thought if we wanted to help team dynamics an umbra could be health regeneration like regen molt near an orb

or an armor buff,( shield of the void? ) gives umbra and team a armor buff ..similar to over shields and health, lasts as long as its not taken down by damage 

.....that actually would be more useful in team survive-ability 

Looking at the W.I.P image of shadow stalker, I can kinda see why they removed those prime bits from his final model. They look rather silly on Stalker, not umbra. Though I don't think this is representative of what our version is going to look like just because shadowman doesn't have them 

28 minutes ago, (PS4)blue23454 said:

Will there be a Prime Access kinda thing for Umbra?
I'm only asking because I planned on buying Excal Umbra the day it's available, but if not then I may want to pick up this 3000 platinum while it's 50% off...

It most likely going to be quest related so get the platinum.

1 hour ago, (PS4)blue23454 said:

Will there be a Prime Access kinda thing for Umbra?
I'm only asking because I planned on buying Excal Umbra the day it's available, but if not then I may want to pick up this 3000 platinum while it's 50% off...

That I wonder. But seeing as they want multiple umbras to come out together as far as I can see - too many overlapping packs. If umbra excalibur, umbra mag and umbra frost release simultaneously for example, well, 4 equivalents of prime access on sale at once? Plus they wanted umbra frames to be really special. 

Remember how initially they said that you won't be able to just buy best gear in the game?  Prime access made this a bit p2w. That said prime access started when in game trading didn't exist and wasn't a source of potential platinum sales.

21 hours ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Because console has no excalibur prime and by that logic cannot have umbra...... 

Not really, Excal Umbra might get better stats than Excal Prime, which would turn him into an upgrade to EP, no matter if you have it or not. Based on that your logic, Excal Umbra would be another founders exclusive, which would bring a huge salt storm on the community. In the worst scenario Excal Umbra will be a new paid exclusive, permanently available to players willing to spend real cash on it to give current and newer players the same options to obtain him out of the game and avoid repeating the Excalibur Prime 1 time limited offer exclusivity issue.

Edited by -----LegioN-----
Added some clarification.