The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

1 minute ago, LemonEnterprise said:

I guess so, but it is weird because if the videos are showing ex umbra prime then there should be a non prime varient but in that case there is also no mention of excalibur p in any china wf founder videos meaning that excalibur p is most likely excalibur umbra but like @skelo0 said there might be a chance where excalibur umbra might be a whole new different frame in the global build :)

Based on what we know, Excalibur Umbra is Excalibur Prime for China's WF. The videos are showing Excalibur Umbra, which happens to have gold parts like a prime. The non-prime/umbra variant would be the normal Excalibur. I think people are placing way too much importance on the word 'prime' and the gold bits. There is a high chance that global umbra will have minor differences, but ultimately it'll be the same exact frame from what it seems like.

Wait was my thread combined with this one? For anyone thinking that the videos are outdated and the skills might change, http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTUxNjQ3Njg1Mg==.html?from=y1.7-1.1

At 19.10 or something close pause there, there is something at his hand that is like never we have seen, seems to be like something that is stuck onhis arms. This video is from 9 days ago. Some might think its vectis prime but it isnt if you go to his gameplay footage it can be clearer, i did not finish the video so i dont know if it is a weapon or a deco. Edit: at the end of the video at the mission progress screen and there isnt anything that shows the the thing at his arm so i think its a deco. Feel free to share your opinion

FCVMECk.pngESbRoHX.pngEKmKOhG.png

Edited by LemonEnterprise

1 hour ago, EmptyDevil said:

I only care about the official name, which appears to be Excalibur Umbra like you're saying. Is it correct to say that Excalibur Umbra Prime was never the name it went by? And the name was simply something players came up with just because of the gold?

The name was given to give their version a bit of exclusivity. The PRIME is just the name and better stats than the global counterpart. Other than that the two are identical (Makes sense)

Just now, LemonEnterprise said:

Wait was my thread combined with this one? For anyone thinking that the videos are outdated and the skills might change, http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTUxNjQ3Njg1Mg==.html?from=y1.7-1.1

At 19.10 or something close pause there, there is something at his hand that is like never we have seen, seems to be like something that is stuck onhis arms. This video is from 9 days ago. Some might think its vectis prime but it isnt if you go to his gameplay footage it can be clearer, i did not finish the video so i dont know if it is a weapon or a deco. Edit: at the end of the video at the mission progress screen and there isnt anything that shows the the thing at his arm so i think its a deco. Feel free to share your opinion

FCVMECk.pngESbRoHX.pngEKmKOhG.png

In the video it's definitely a Vectis Prime.

6 minutes ago, Nachino said:

In the video it's definitely a Vectis Prime.

There is a vectis prime but i dont think the thing that is on his arm is vectis prime but it could be, mine is just a theory after all :)

Edit: I remembered that one part of the video when he charges his exalted blade the thing started to glow. 

Edited by LemonEnterprise

Just now, Demoonic said:

The name was given to give their version a bit of exclusivity. The PRIME is just the name and better stats than the global counterpart. Other than that the two are identical (Makes sense)

Going to need a source for that. The suffix attached to the improved Excalibur variant is just a name to show that it's better than the normal Excalibur variant, not an indicator that it is better than umbra because it already is umbra/prime equivalent. It goes by the same rules as everything else - we can't have Latron Wraith Prime, we can't have Excalibur Umbra Prime.

3 minutes ago, LemonEnterprise said:

There is a vectis prime but i dont think the thing that is on his arm is vectis prime but it could be, mine is just a theory after all :)

Edit: I remembered that one part of the video when he charges his exalted blade the thing started to glow. 

Those crescents are present on the Excalibur Umbra model when he isn't using the proto skin.

Just now, LemonEnterprise said:

Ohh sorry i misread, but yeah the thing on his arm (I suppose you mean the gold part) is part of the Umbra model.

Just now, EmptyDevil said:

Those crescents are present on the Excalibur Umbra model when he isn't using the proto skin.

Edited by Nachino

13 hours ago, (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000 said:

Exactly they still have hope even when we have yet to get a page from the devs further explaining Umbra after promising to do so after his reveal last year.

The Umbra issue has been clearly underestimated by DE, but at least I do appreciate Rebecca's attempts to gather info and to explain to the other devs how delicate is this matter.

12 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

White-Knight maybe?

Me? Definitely not.  A white knight in these cases is someone defending the devs despite of facts and evidences, which is not what I'm doing.

Actually, I'm on the other side pointing out how the recent words during the Devstream may well turn out being another disappointment if Umbra is not in U19; but to everyone who quoted me: if he's in U19 I'm going to be happy and glad for the community, the fact that I doubt it doesn't mean I don't hope it like everyone else here.

I'm following Umbra situation since the very beginning, lost a bit of hope and faith but still I can't wait to have it, the sooner the better, everything I say is just to calm dowm hopes when we have no sure sources to avoid disappointment later, but by no means that's being a white knight or being against Umbra release!

1 hour ago, siralextraffo said:

The Umbra issue has been clearly underestimated by DE, but at least I do appreciate Rebecca's attempts to gather info and to explain to the other devs how delicate is this matter.

Me? Definitely not.  A white knight in these cases is someone defending the devs despite of facts and evidences, which is not what I'm doing.

Actually, I'm on the other side pointing out how the recent words during the Devstream may well turn out being another disappointment if Umbra is not in U19; but to everyone who quoted me: if he's in U19 I'm going to be happy and glad for the community, the fact that I doubt it doesn't mean I don't hope it like everyone else here.

I'm following Umbra situation since the very beginning, lost a bit of hope and faith but still I can't wait to have it, the sooner the better, everything I say is just to calm dowm hopes when we have no sure sources to avoid disappointment later, but by no means that's being a white knight or being against Umbra release!

Good point, but I'l telling you now

No Umbra Before/In U19

Riot 

3 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

K now this makes sense. I guess someone has to spread the unlikely side of thing in case it does happen so there hopefully won't by any "forum riots". But U 19 or idk.... We throw potatoes at DE?

2 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

No Umbra Before/In U19

Riot 

U19 shouldn't be that far anyway, in a month or so I suppose, so we'll see pretty soon!

41 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

K now this makes sense. I guess someone has to spread the unlikely side of thing in case it does happen so there hopefully won't by any "forum riots". But U 19 or idk.... We throw potatoes at DE?

Honestly at this point I don't know, I hope it'll be epic at the very least...

4 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

Riot

How I imagine our riot:

CKF07LI.jpg

Really, it would be something more like this: 

c0759680eb6a162b09a48b003d4689ad9643fcf2

PD: I have mixed feelings about that "sorta soon", I don't know if it's something better or worse than simply "soonTM"

Edited by -----LegioN-----

6 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

No Umbra Before/In U19

Riot 

No where is the last Dev stream did they even Hint it was anytime soon, they said working on it and that it.

Next time you might hear something is the Pax East event  or the London Event.

i have the conversation between Rebecca and Steve in the news section 72 quotes

per the info provided it is coming "soon" and will be apart of something big 

tying into ....possibly ......the cinematic quests, which brings in a new entity 

Spoiler
  • Steve:  makes a joke :"If you don't come, you won't get Umbra!" <- upcoming con event [thats just evil was noted by some]
  • Rebecca: "Do you want them to kill us?!"
  • Steve: " please forgive me "
  • [fast forward] 
  • Rebecca:"but, since you brought it up" 
  • [fast forward some more....] 
  • -Steve :"its coming, sorta soon, its part of a big deal, its going to be awesome and then we can move on to something else ...."
  • Rebecca: "you cant blame them for being this passionate" 
  • Steve: " I know cause its awesome  !"

PS the op does get updated  with info as its provided 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i have the conversation between Rebecca and Steve in the news section 72 quotes

per the info provided it is coming "soon" and will be apart of something big 

tying into ....possibly ......the cinematic quests, which brings in a new entity 

Hide contents
  • Steve:  makes a joke :"If you don't come, you won't get Umbra!" <- upcoming con event [thats just evil was noted by some]
  • Rebecca: "Do you want them to kill us?!"
  • Steve: " please forgive me "
  • [fast forward] 
  • Rebecca:"but, since you brought it up" 
  • [fast forward some more....] 
  • -Steve :"its coming, sorta soon, its part of a big deal, its going to be awesome and then we can move on to something else ...."
  • Rebecca: "you cant blame them for being this passionate" 
  • Steve: " I know cause its awesome  !"

PS the op does get updated  with info as its provided 

Transcript isn't word for word.

20 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

(Your profile pic says otherwise..get it because ita knight that whi.....I know where the door is.)