The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

3 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

Hey guys!

Have been buys spending 120 hours into The Division, what's up here? Any news on Umbra?

Yea, I'm just too lazy to read 10+ pages, shame on me!

Last Devstream they said Umbra is coming "sort of soon", that it will be awesome, and that they are keeping details hush hush like they did with Second Dream so it can be a surprise. 

And the usual tinfoil hat theories that ignore the Devstream and believe Umbra is never coming and threatening to riot. 

And someone was going to draw a comic or something. 

17 hours ago, Demoonic said:

Yes but I'm not happy that they're taking so long to release him so I'm just going to leave the game until his release. Rebecca saying there would be NOTHING on Umbra this pax sent me over the edge, so I'm just going to leave for a while, it's kind of ridiculous. 

(I'll still log on for the daily tributes and check for events but I'm just done otherwise)

I've pretty much left already. I don't even do daily login stuff anymore. Umbra will get be back in the game for a little while, but it won't keep me in the game. I'm pretty much done with it. The game's stale to me. It's not really growing feature-wise. It's not moving towards a complete state. Just more stuff being added without it actually progressing the development forward, at least imo. It's another Combat Arms imo. Well, I digress.

9 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

How about the players leaving the game?, and DE losing money?

Do you really think Excalibur Umbra is/will be a relevant factor in DE's income?

Do you really think this third variant of an existing warframe will cause a large enough outcry to cause DE to go bankrupt and resort to desperate means?

Your rebuttal is unrealistic. I sincerely doubt Umbra never being released to cause Warframe and DE as a whole to go under.

Edited by LazerSkink

1 minute ago, LazerSkink said:

Do you really think Excalibur Umbra is/will be a relevant factor in DE's income?

Do you really think this third variant of an existing warframe will cause a large enough outcry to cause DE to go bankrupt or resort to desperate means?

Your rebuttal was completely unrealistic. I sincerely doubt Umbra never being released will cause Warframe and DE as a whole to go under.

It'll piss people off certainly, but no it won't spell doom for DE. It will however make people loss trust in DE's "promises".

1 hour ago, Plushy said:

Maybe DE is taking a long time because they are making several Umbra frames to surprise us with. I REALLY want a Nyx Umbra some day. 

i know im odd but ember umbra or equinox umbra for me as well :D 

but that grind ...the fear D: is real at the same time 

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Equinox or Ember Umbra would be boss.

52 minutes ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

You talk as if DE actually planned to make more Umbra's in the first place. I wouldn't get too hyped if I were you, DE have already said that, unlike Primes, not every frame will get an Umbra.

yes im well aware, but for those who do get umbras i look forward to it...i tend to be an optimist 

9 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

yes im well aware, but for those who do get umbras i look forward to it...i tend to be an optimist 

Interesting that your optimism has lasted this long, considering a lot of people have simply given up. I hope Scott comes through on saying that Umbra is involved in something awesome (U19) because I'm on the verge of giving up too.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

4 hours ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

Out of curiosity, what you add to the game so it isn't "stale".

I'd start by aiming to make the game more immersive, and would add features that accomplished that goal (features that immerse the player more into the story, making it a little bit more open world, more rpg-like). Examples of such features would include more immersive game modes that factor into the story (like multi-objective missions, syndicate-specific missions, revamp of invasions, a space-fighter mode that ups the scale of the Tenno's fight against the corpus and grineer, other types of missions). Then I'd overhaul certain game features to make the gameplay feel a bit better, like movement (walking, running, sprinting, not parkour) and gunplay (aiming/shooting mechanics, just to make it feel a bit better and fluid). I wouldn't add any more Warframes, but I would add a whole lot more cosmetics, just to increase customization potential. Then I'd overhaul the mastery system, so that players are rewarded for the time they put into the game and the xp that they gain, not for the frames/weapons/sentinels/kubrows/archwings that they collect and max out.

Some of this stuff I've made threads about (you can find them in my profile). I just want more out of warframe's gameplay.

11 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

Hey guys!

Have been buys spending 120 hours into The Division, what's up here? Any news on Umbra?

Yea, I'm just too lazy to read 10+ pages, shame on me!

I've been playing the Division as well.

18 minutes ago, AntoineFlemming said:

I'd start by aiming to make the game more immersive, and would add features that accomplished that goal (features that immerse the player more into the story, making it a little bit more open world, more rpg-like). Examples of such features would include more immersive game modes that factor into the story (like multi-objective missions, syndicate-specific missions, revamp of invasions, a space-fighter mode that ups the scale of the Tenno's fight against the corpus and grineer, other types of missions). Then I'd overhaul certain game features to make the gameplay feel a bit better, like movement (walking, running, sprinting, not parkour) and gunplay (aiming/shooting mechanics, just to make it feel a bit better and fluid). I wouldn't add any more Warframes, but I would add a whole lot more cosmetics, just to increase customization potential. Then I'd overhaul the mastery system, so that players are rewarded for the time they put into the game and the xp that they gain, not for the frames/weapons/sentinels/kubrows/archwings that they collect and max out.

Some of this stuff I've made threads about (you can find them in my profile). I just want more out of warframe's gameplay.

A good list of ideas there. The thing about Warframe is that all of these features will evolve with time. The game is constantly improving upon itself, so eventually everything you suggested will have been implemented into the game. More fluid movement/gunplay, better story (But you have got to admit it's infinitely better than Destiny), better MR system. I really want them to rework the MR system myself. There was a thread awhile back, that had a really neat idea of giving players holographic syandanas/armor every time they level up their MR. It was very good as the OP wanted more than just a small sigil. The syandana/armors design gets bigger and more details are added for every MR level. There were a bunch of other things too. Like reaching MR20 would reward with an exclusive mod/weapon.

As for an open world RPG feel, I don't think Warframe was designed to be that way. As much as it pains me to say it, I don't think WF will ever have an open worldish feel to it. But I know it's not designed for that. I think the most they could do is add a really large open area in some missions, like Phobos desert or Europas ice fields.

We are also getting Syndicate quests and possibly Warframes, so I've heard. Sabotage also recently got updated too. Every mission type will be given an overhaul eventually. That's the beauty of this game and one of the main reason I'm still hooked on it; it never stops evolving. And it's FREE!!

16 minutes ago, AntoineFlemming said:

I've been playing the Division as well.

That game is one of the most boring games I've ever played. It's absolute garbage. Can't believe anyone would want to play it over WF. Boring story, ridiculous multiplayer and the overall tone is just a great big meh. Dark Souls 3 is where it's at.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

Any ideas when the new excalibur is coming to the states? Also anyone else think that they should have a stalker helmet for excalibur. Right your comments down below let me know what yall think. and feel free to shout out some new primes yall think they should install. Thx!!!

Edited by (XB1)JTB3TheKing

2 hours ago, OzoneSlayer said:

So many threads on this topic...and you felt like creating another one was necessary?

Also DE is trying to make umbra a surprise and are very careful not to give to much info. Supposedly there will be a quest with lore behind it

They went on record in a Devstream that they " Don't know what's going on with Umbra Yet "
But in a previous Devsteam they said we'd get him after Wukong.
Everytime they are asked they either dodge the question , ignore it , or say eh dunno
We don't need Details ... But a WHEN answer would be great