The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My wish for melee in warframe

(PSN)ATreidezz

This applies for both PvP & PvE

i wished melee were so powerful & graceful in motion that it look like a dance. Ever played a game called BUJINGAI in PS2? The game has the most beautiful sword action i ever seen. It has this game mechanic where we can parry attack with attack. There's also epic sword combo that can summon hurricane.

These are what i wished to be implemented in warframe. In pvp this could mean an epic sword fight, where people endlessly spam attack & get parried (no stagger) by another melee attack.

In pve, i wished there's bosses/sub bosses that can only be killed with melee, and that upon channeling, melee with elemental mods will display unique glow, depends on their elements.

Pulling combos with elemental mods while channeling will create a beautiful elemental aoe based on the combos...affected by status chance no more... Swirling swords that leaves gas cloud in its trail, hammer's slam that creates fire blast, nikana flurry iaido-style-slash-dashing back & forth, ended by sheathing the sword, then suddenly all enemies got slashed before, zapped by lightning from above, all at the same time...

How i wished melee would be beautiful...

Edited by (PS4)ATreidezz

16 minutes ago, Naftal said:

Why would melee need any more improvements in power?

firstly not all stances are equal take crimson dervish for example 300% bonus damage on all combos. kinda makes all other melees and stances obsolete

Just now, Hemmo67 said:

firstly not all stances are equal take crimson dervish for example 300% bonus damage on all combos. kinda makes all other melees and stances obsolete

That's a problem with some stances. Not a problem with melee overall.

4 minutes ago, derp215 said:

Can you explain what that means?

Light and strong attacks being mixed together. Charge attacks being used as a "finisher" to a combo, used as either a top-off, distance closer, or combo-count booster. Just-frame parrying. Stingers and launchers. All these mashed together with Musou games which traditionally have many enemies on screen at a time. I know it can work.

11 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Light and strong attacks being mixed together. Charge attacks being used as a "finisher" to a combo, used as either a top-off, distance closer, or combo-count booster. Just-frame parrying. Stingers and launchers. All these mashed together with Musou games which traditionally have many enemies on screen at a time. I know it can work.

Cool...I want it!

I want stances to be simplified and complicated at the same time.

1 stance =

• Standard attack "combo" string.
  • Charge attack "combo" string.
  • Modified ground-slam attack.
  • Modified slide attack.
  • Modified air attack.
  • Custom parrying animation.
  • Custom idle animation.

For example, a stance might change the slam attack from a useless pin-point AOE to a helm-cleaver or forward somersaulting slash all the way down. Also, it should be possible to alternate between standard and charge strikes at any time without interrupting the combo.

I want melee to be updated to fit the pace of the game.

• Unrestricted movement speed while attacking.
  • Awkward directional inputs removed.
  • Non-RNG parrying.
  • Polished melee enemies.
  • Melee elements to boss fights.
  • Useful channeling.

At this point I'm just glad melee combat isn't like nearly every other online 'action' rpg game where you press one button to do ONE attack and then it's on a cooldown.

But there are tons of other really great games with fantastic melee combat.

I'm sure some of you have heard of Ninja Gaiden, right?

Combat revolves around Light and Heavy attacks (X and Y respectively).

Using the thumb stick you can perform additional attacks and combos as well as normally aiming your attacks. Holding Y allows you to perform even more different attacks as well as absolutely radical charge attacks.

Yes those are bladed nunchucks.

2 minutes ago, Keybopsef said:

At this point I'm just glad melee combat isn't like nearly every other online 'action' rpg game where you press one button to do ONE attack and then it's on a cooldown.

But there are tons of other really great games with fantastic melee combat.

I'm sure some of you have heard of Ninja Gaiden, right?

Combat revolves around Light and Heavy attacks (X and Y respectively).

Using the thumb stick you can perform additional attacks and combos as well as normally aiming your attacks. Holding Y allows you to perform even more different attacks as well as absolutely radical charge attacks.

Yes those are bladed nunchucks.

As much as I enjoy spectacle action games, I dread the day where putting that many hits into a single enemy is considered the norm. 

My idealized Warframe would have some stronger enemies that require a bit more to bring down, sure, but they shouldn't just get combo'd down like that, and there'd still be trash mobs where 1 stroke = 1 or more kills

I really don't want to worry about things like directional inputs, target locking, and aerial juggling in a game like Warframe.