Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best frame to get focus

Apokita

Question

I just got my Zenurik lens and I wonder who should get it. I was thinking about mesa since I can just put some energy pizzas down and get destruction all over the place with peacemaker now but maybe there's a better frame to get focus. I dont know, what do you think?

23 answers to this question

A fast way used to be using loki for stealth runs since you get 500% exp from the 5th stealth kill onwards. You just need to find a map with units that don't ruin stealth runs like hyekkas and nullys. Also you can use melee (better with reach for enemies bunched together) to lessen the range enemies would detect your kills which is WAAAY better compared to rifles and secondaries in my exp. I just hope someone here can suggest a good map for stealth ever since they changed ceres (rip ludi).

Other than that, check out recruiting to learn where people often go and pick a damage frame that'll suite that mission. Like say RQ banshee or Sporyn for a certain new meta. Some people are also talking about Nezha being great as a dps frame with his ult's range and damage

Edited by xShun

Mirage with synoid simulor.  I can easily score 1000 focus every time.  Ember using World on Fire is also good.  You just need something that can put out very high damage over a minute and kill mobs of enemies quickly.

If it's your first lens and you aren't going to buy more, just put it on the warframe or weapon you use most frequently.  What's your go to equipment?

Any warframe that can kill with abilities. To narrow that list down, pick your favorite as you'll have to play as them.

Mesa works just fine.

aD1YVRk.jpg

But Ash probably racks in more, haven't tested because I'd get one round down and shoot myself.

Edited by haloamted

For soli Any invis frame to rack up those stealth kill on any exterminate mission,  ivara is nice as she has those sleep arrow for those alerted enemy when their friend got killed, as weapon wise redeemer silent shotgun with infinite ammo ;p

Get yourself a Saryn, push her power and range as high as you can get them (yes, that includes Overextended and Blind Rage) cast Spores on one enemy and pop them.

Now assuming you managed 250% range, every enemy in a 40m radius is now infected with spores too and each one that dies from them will also spread more spores which will cause more damage.

The end result is something i personally find even lazier than playing Ember or Ash and costs nowhere near as much energy to run. And if you include a Telos weapon then if anything survives the burst then youre also spreading toxin procs for even more damage.

Myself, I use Inaros and a strong melee. Usually Fragor Prime or a Covert Lethality Dagger. With his CC, self-heals, general tankiness, and especially with Covert Lethality, Inaros can clear through some high end content solo, safely and quickly. With  Rage on Inaros, nothing is going to be able to chew through my health before I have the energy to Desiccation to stop the damage, and melee everything for health.

I also have lenses on my melee though, and I don't like most stealthy playstyles. I know I could be getting more Focus using a stealth frame with the same weapons, but I prefer head-on assault to sneaking around.

3 hours ago, Apokita said:

I just got my Zenurik lens and I wonder who should get it. I was thinking about mesa since I can just put some energy pizzas down and get destruction all over the place with peacemaker now but maybe there's a better frame to get focus. I dont know, what do you think?

I personaly run Dracos with Saryn. Do the  "Molt+spore spam+Torid" can pull 3k per focus bubble i pick up.

2 hours ago, Dualstar said:

Get yourself a Saryn, push her power and range as high as you can get them (yes, that includes Overextended and Blind Rage) cast Spores on one enemy and pop them.

Now assuming you managed 250% range, every enemy in a 40m radius is now infected with spores too and each one that dies from them will also spread more spores which will cause more damage.

The end result is something i personally find even lazier than playing Ember or Ash and costs nowhere near as much energy to run. And if you include a Telos weapon then if anything survives the burst then youre also spreading toxin procs for even more damage.

cast spores on your molt... works even better. In draco, which is my main focus farm, I can camp at D spamming spores on molt, popping them with torid, and kill off everything in their spawn point. OF course this works even  better with a full team since more enemies spawn. My friend also claims that he gets more focus points when he is around me when i do this. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)meganmassackre said:

cast spores on your molt... works even better. In draco, which is my main focus farm, I can camp at D spamming spores on molt, popping them with torid, and kill off everything in their spawn point. OF course this works even  better with a full team since more enemies spawn. My friend also claims that he gets more focus points when he is around me when i do this. 

well, he is on PC, so draco doesnt work for that, but on most Interception you can do the same with molt and spores.

1 minute ago, DeFragMe said:

well, he is on PC, so draco doesnt work for that, but on most Interception you can do the same with molt and spores.

ahhh yes. I forgot that they wiped Draco in SOTR. I was told though, that there is something of an equivalent though on a different planet... maybe Pluto? I forget which one. I personally have been trying to cheese as much focus points and xp as i can before Draco is no more on ps4. 

5 minutes ago, Aoden said:

I use Oberon, in a group defense, I can easily get around 3k to 5k with 15 waves.

Edit: after looking at these other posts.. I need to rethink my choices..

Just do stealth run exterminates on sedna, keep that 500% going and run 10k+ missions in a few minutes each.

I still do Loki + Orthos stealth farm. Takes about 30min with a booster. 20-35k a run.

Used to be around 20min at 30-45k on Ceres Ludi, now doing Sedna Andros and it's basically impossible to keep the stealth bonus going full time.

Sonicor helps with Arc Traps but they tightened the radial spawning script so it's almost impossible to not accidentally hit a freshly spawned enemy once in a while.

mirage, simulor, nothing else(so you don't bleed yourself obtaining more then 2 lenses or don't thin out focus income on non-lensed gear), pug high level interceptions. Having vazarin's "disciplined approach" helps too. Other good option is lensing trinity, run EV and hope for some harvester frame in squad
If sortie 2 or 3 are excavation/interception/mobile defense with "eximus stronghold" condition it's your lucky day, do those instead.

Also, this belongs to "players helping players", not GD

Edited by 5HV3N

11 hours ago, (XB1)ThermalStone said:

Mirage with synoid simulor.  I can easily score 1000 focus every time.  Ember using World on Fire is also good.  You just need something that can put out very high damage over a minute and kill mobs of enemies quickly.

If it's your first lens and you aren't going to buy more, just put it on the warframe or weapon you use most frequently.  What's your go to equipment?

My go to equipment are my AkMagnus, Mesa, and Broken war with Justice Hek. So I tought putting the lens on Mesa, and using regulators now that I got my energy pizzas to get focus.

8 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

Just do stealth run exterminates on sedna, keep that 500% going and run 10k+ missions in a few minutes each.

do you have a good ivara build for this? I tried but I'm so slow. Also, does the frame needs to have a lens aswell? I only have one

2 hours ago, Apokita said:

do you have a good ivara build for this? I tried but I'm so slow. Also, does the frame needs to have a lens aswell? I only have one

Build towards max efficiency / some duration to get the least drain possible. If you can get your hands on the infiltrator mod and build some power strength with that it helps out a bit.

Mainly move round with rolls and dash wires when you need to cover distances or disable prowl entirely. (you can run on dash wires even in prowl so that helps a lot with speed in stealth)

To get the most out of focus a second lens is a good thing indeed as it doubles your focus gain. If you dont want to wait for sorties to give you one they are pretty cheap on trading or you can get a greater version on the market for 40p in case you really dislike trading (greater lenses can be crafted as well using 4 normal lenses and are 50% more effective I believe.)

PS: If you slightly alert an enemy feel free to skip them for a bit and return after the next room. Your stealth multiplier does not go away be being seen, but by attacking those who are alerted. Coming back after going to another room resets the alert state. ONLY kill heavy units when they are not alerted and when at 500%, don't waste all that affinity.

Edited by Airwolfen
PS note