Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

anyone else feeling lost without draco?

SaucyTuckermax

Never used Draco but I still haven't settled on a new leveling path for gear.

It used to be  Lua on Earth (excavation), then maybe a bit of Helene(defense) and then on to Dark Sectors, Triton or Hieracon to finish out.  PUGGING all the way. 

It was a routine but things changed up enough to keep it interesting enough.

I suppose now with MR giving mod points I don't really need any low level zones for new gear anymore.

Edited by Don_T_Shoot

9 hours ago, That1Cactus said:

To be very honest, the survival Draco isn't that bad. It's not as quick sure but it is an honest breeze and can get unranked items up to around ~15 if you stick close enough to teammates for the bonus affinity range and stay over 20 minutes.

I have been using it a lot more since all the """new Dracos""" have not been useful at all and barely give the exp for quick leveling. Plus Napalms/Bombards/Heavy Gunners and the occasional Eximus units give tons of affinity so there's that. It is at least FAR MORE enjoyable than the old Draco (but this is me hating Interception and the dumb enemy spawn logic)

So... like what every person that was against Draco has ever said. The new node Draco is basically just the old Mimas on Saturn, the once most popular Survival to go to rank up weapons.

No.

Draco was kinda nice for a quick shot of syndicate affinity if I were pressed for time, but otherwise it won't make any difference to my usual routine.

The new Draco is essentially what Mimas/Cassini used to be and will be used in the same way (since both of those were part of my forma/releveling strategy).

Long answer is it doesn't really change anything for me. Syndicate affinity runs are now focused on AW interception more than anything else, but I was never much into farming affinity.

In one hand, I'm one of those players who hated going into the Recruit tab and seeing NOTHING but Draco calls. I leveled my gear by playing through missions and, especially, LOVED taking unranked weapons into Heiracon. Naramon + Blood Rush + Body Count will get a melee weapon ranked in less than 20 minutes in a T4 Survival. DE has made it easier by allowing us mod capacity according to our MR (especially, being a MR21).

In the other hand, however, nothing will ever beat being able to take an unranked weapon, during 2x Affinity weekends + an affinity Booster, and max it out in less than 4 minutes. Yowza!

On 8/9/2016 at 10:46 PM, Stoner74 said:

No, not really. Just play the game as it's meant to be played. Draco was a very, very bad thing for this community. I'm SO glad it's gone now.

That's fine that you didn't like draco, but how was it a bad thing for the community? how is it good that some of the community, even if it's only a fraction of a percent of the community hasn't been playing much since the change? I doubt I'm the only one. And like I said before, probably more then half the time I played draco WASN'T because I just slapped a forma on something. It was because it was a fun / challenging map (depending on squad) that there was always people at. I've noticed also that the few times I have logged in to actually play since the starchart rework, I've found that there are so many nodes, a lot of times a node you want to play has nobody there. And others have said, that now theres a few differen't choice spots that people go now. So basically so much for spreading players among the galaxy. There's always gonna be favorite nodes and personally think maybe if there wasn't so many nodes, it would feel like theres actually some people playing this game.

It seems im in a minority.

Yes i used Draco and yes i hated being there.

But the only reason i did was to quickly MR rubbish stuff that i will never use and never keep. Why would anyone want to spend days with a S#&$ weapon. Ive had dozens of items that ive MR'd and never fired or only a couple of bullets. And binned the second they hit 30.

Lets face it if you want to be able to survive sensibly you need the best gear and its not like there arn't lists for it around the net. No one in their right mind is going to take a poxy useless dagger to a gun fight..

The thing that causes "dracos" is unbalanced gear, everything should have its unique thing that makes it viable for a certain situation. Then more of these weapons might have a role to play.

You can buy the best sword and secondary in the gem as a newb for about 30k if you know which they are, the better gear shouldn't be so easily accessible so you have to work for it.

Yes there are fashion framers that bring crap weapons to a hard fight and i dont wish to be rude but thats stupid.

DE needs to give purpose to all weapons, maybe shared stats across a set etc to make them more usuable.

And if the new stats for the TP and GP are to be believed its only going to get worse

2 minutes ago, BuddaOfLife said:

DE needs to give purpose to all weapons, maybe shared stats across a set etc to make them more usuable.

I do not agree with that. There should not be 'shared stats' this is mostly a PvE game. meaning it really doesn't matter how balanced weapons are. There will be people that bring stuff that is a good weapon because it is in fact a good weapon, and then there are fashion framers HOWEVER, I have more then a few 'unpopular' weapons that have like six formas on them and dmg wise they actually are on par or better then what most people would consider a 'good' weapon.

On 10/08/2016 at 7:46 AM, Stoner74 said:

No, not really. Just play the game as it's meant to be played. Draco was a very, very bad thing for this community. I'm SO glad it's gone now.

who decides how it's ''meant'' to be played though?

9 hours ago, SaucyTuckermax said:

I have more then a few 'unpopular' weapons that have like six formas on them and dmg wise they actually are on par or better

If you have to put 6 formas on a weapon to make it par then its clearly rubbish.

We should be putting 6 on a weapon and make it extraordinary.

Thats where the game is wrong, there should be ways built into the game so that each weapon (or most) can be paired with a frame or move or something that makes that weapon glorious to perfect. Maybe a weapon that paired with a weaker frame becomes legendary but only with that frame, and it scales off with stronger frames.

Dont get me wrong its a really big ask from a dev but it should be theoretically possible for at least some of them

On 10/08/2016 at 5:43 AM, SaucyTuckermax said:

So i know theres around half the community that hated draco and was glad to see it go...But I'm not in that half of the community. I used to play draco VERY frequently, not just to quickly re-lvl gear (I would do that sometimes though) but most of the time I would play it just because it was a semi high lvl enemies and high volume spawn spawn rate and there was ALWAYS multiple open squads,  sure sometimes you would join that squad where everyone apparently just put forma on there warframes and everyone would go down every few seconds but still overall it was a place people went and was fun to play to me regardless...And now that it's gone as well as void, I've found myself not playing that much. Sure there's other maps to go to and the whole point of the starchart rework was to spread players throughout the galaxy, but now...IDK just haven't found a place to fill the emptyness that draco left. Anybody else feel the same way? I've noticed that even heiracon doesn't seem like it has as much popularity since the starchart rework. wheres everyone going now to replace draco? I don't care about XP I just want to know which node there will always be several open squads regardless if it's 3 A.M. on a monday night like draco used to.

I do , I am not sure where to go to exp these days , so I am reluctant to forma or level new weapons anymore, or even play the game at this point. For one DE lied to us, or more specifically Steve did, he said draco would not be changed, but other missions would be brought up to it , in terms of exp, he said this live on stream so there is proof of it. If they intend to remove draco, the whole entire exp system needed to be reworked to accommodate for the huge amounts of exp and affinity needed for gear, syndicates and the focus system or a more simpler fix would to just vastly increase the amounts of affinity the missions provide like Steve said they would do. Instead they just straight up nerfed draco and didn't change anything else.

The current exp system is so messed up, it doesn't matter how many enemies you kill or how well you do in missions, as long as your team mates aren't killing vast amounts of enemies , you will barely get any exp, since  you only get exp from other players, it's even worse for solo players, the exp is almost nonexistent for them even though solo play is so much harder. The entire system makes the levelling experience frustrating, toxic and none user friendly, like I said it's needs a change. I don't care what they do ;raise the exp of all missions , lowered the amount of exp needed to level frames, weapons syndicates and focus, or reworked the entire exp system , we just need a fix.

Edited by Sonicbullitt