Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Prime vs Ember Prime

(PSN)Squarehead08

Question

19 answers to this question

Frost is my main go-to guy, however, I'd also say he's less squishy so you may have a better experience especially once you really get to know how to use him. Frost isn't all about defence.

Though... To be honest, why don't you - if you haven't already - get Frost and Ember in their standard forms and see which you like? There is little difference between their Prime counterparts apart from visuals and minor stat increases.

Edited by Naith

Excellent suggestions from others already, especially the part where you should try out the regular version to see which one you prefer.  With that said, I find Frost to be more flexible and useful than Ember.  Frost is useful in many situations and all his powers are quite good.  Teammates would appreciate a Frost even more than an Ember especially in situations you need to do crowd control or protect some objective.  Ember is ok, but at low, mid-levels teammates will hate you if you bring her and turn on her 4 and run as far ahead as possible while ignoring the objective.  

In terms of looks, Frost Prime looks way too similar to regular Frost so appearance-wise it's not much of an upgrade, but Ember Prime looks fantastic compared to regular Ember.

Ember is a lot more fun to play because you have paper armor (at least you did before, not sure if they changed it).

But it is now the easy mode rush frame, so you see tons of ember player who only knows how to use 4.

Frost has tons more utility, if you are new I would suggest you pick up frost.

jkBbua3.png

Ember Prime is still my most frequently used frame.

Edited by Karamethien

6 hours ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

Dont spend that amount of plat for none of these 2 frames really...get the standard version with formas and reactor....you will not miss something...just wait for them to be unvaulted. I think the sets cost 1000 plat each or more .....just don t buy it :) 

Frost won't get unvaulted again

Two different animals. I use my Frost for all defensive missions. Chilling Globe ability rules all defense missions. I use my Ember for quick alerts. RUn in with Fire quake  (knocks them down if they don't explode), kill everything and get the job done. Like others said, get the standard versions of both. Paying 800+ for each is ridiculous.

Ughh.. some of this is just PUNishment.

If endless missions were still around I'd have a lot of super specific info to give you like ember's augmented fireball in terms of a team buff is simply amazing at  +363% increase in DPS with 185% Power Strength + Accelerant.  She's decent CC and good for run-through missions. 3 Viable builds, 1 for lvl 1000+

Frost gives the least impressive group buff but he's got more CC options, Slows and Freezes a touch more interactive, armor shred AoE is an option though not a top one. Best for Defense/Mobile Defense since he has the best Bunker ability in the game. 4 Viable Builds, 2 for lvl 1000+

If you ask me, frost is one of the strongest warframes, regardless of being prime or not. (the extra shields are useful, but not a big deal imo). He is also very flexible, you can build him for globe/defense, build for range/CC, damage buffer and he is decent at nuking with avalanche (not as good as some other frames, but decent)

However, ember prime is the sexiest frame, and she looks way better than the regular version. So, if you do fashionframe, you must have her.