The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galatine Prime Stats

Some stats have been popping up here and there saying 250 base damage, 25% crit chance, but they seem either hella fake or hella placeholder. 

Personally, I'd imagine it'll be around 130-160 base damage, with 20-30% crit chance. Maybe a crit damage or attack speed buff, or another random stat buff like Fragor Prime and channeling damage.

Giving Galatine Prime higher critical chance would be a terrible design decision. Currently Galatine is viable as non crit-focused Heavy Blade. Primed version should focus on its strong sides - pure slash damage, range and status chance - to re-instantiate its unique presence, and not on making it into yet another side grade for what already exists.

6 hours ago, Epsik-kun said:

Giving Galatine Prime higher critical chance would be a terrible design decision. Currently Galatine is viable as non crit-focused Heavy Blade. Primed version should focus on its strong sides - pure slash damage, range and status chance - to re-instantiate its unique presence, and not on making it into yet another side grade for what already exists.

Without crit, Galatine simply can't compete. Crit weapons have been power creeping up with Bloodrush + Body Count, Berserker, and bonus crit like the crit kitty, naramon, and arcane avenger.

2 hours ago, Snowbluff said:

Without crit, Galatine simply can't compete. Crit weapons have been power creeping up with Bloodrush + Body Count, Berserker, and bonus crit like the crit kitty, naramon, and arcane avenger.

Did you miss any of the recent critmods? 10% base is already enough to get good amounts of crits.

it needs to be good, I know that much. this weapon has been hyped something crazy for a while. it needs to be at least as good as the war, but I'd prefer it if it was better. I'm hoping it'll be a crit monster, but if DE stick true to the Original Galatine's design, it'll likely be a Status weapon.

I'd like it if it could do both, like the Nikana Prime.

8 hours ago, bubbabenali said:

Did you miss any of the recent critmods? 10% base is already enough to get good amounts of crits.

Since Blood Rush increases your crit as you hit, Galatine falls further and further behind as the combo counter increases.

For example, Scindo Prime has a 20% crit, which means it will always have twice as much crit chance as the Galatine, and will get red crits sooner. This greatly improves the DPS in ways a noncrit/lower crit weapon can't do under the current system.

This is discounting weapons with even greater crit and crit multipliers, like the Fragor Prime and Dark Split Sword (in Dual Sword Mode), which get further gains over the vanilla crit stats.

Edited by Snowbluff

8 hours ago, bubbabenali said:

A good amount of crits is not what you want to achieve these days, it is the red crits territory where you unleash your true power, you get bonus crit damage for crit rates beyond 200%: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Rush

People seem to never look at the wiki pages these days.  Galatine can only reach beyond 200% crit rates using Maiming Strike and slide attacks. Thing is you can use slide attacks and Maiming Strike on the true crit weapons as well to scale even higher. 

Edited by Numbsky1

3 hours ago, Numbsky1 said:

A good amount of crits is not what you want to achieve these days, it is the red crits territory where you unleash your true power, you get bonus crit damage for crit rates beyond 200%: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Rush

People seem to never look at the wiki pages these days.  Galatine can only reach beyond 200% crit rates using Maiming Strike and slide attacks. Thing is you can use slide attacks and Maiming Strike on the true crit weapons as well to scale even higher. 

Perma Red critting may be what you wan't, but not what you really need with a > 120 slash damage heavy blade.

Personally, i'd like galatine to be a status weapon, with about 35% status chance (we have a 35% crit chance weapon and 45% status chance weapon, i don't think it will be OP). That way, it can go too 100% status chance (because weeping wounds is a thing) with most of them being slash procs.

22 hours ago, Snowbluff said:

Really? it's been a consistently good weapon even though it is a status weapon in a crit obsessed meta (if the raw damage doesn't kill, the DoT from Slash will)

Edited by Hayabusa97

3 hours ago, cannonfodder1982 said:

would have preferred a gram prime... lets make unused weapons a thing again (says DE) primes galatine...

Well unlike Syndicate weapons, Primes can be purchased with real money which may lead to DE listening to player demand. Galatine has been a long demanded Prime weapon, and for some reason Tigris even considering the Sancti variant. I'm just going to take a guess and say Nekros Prime Access is going to be one of the most monetarily successful PAs.

The reason I'm disappointed with the new Prime weapons is the fact we already have a Prime heavy blade and a Syndicate variant. Especially regarding the latter, Sancti Tigris hasn't even been out for a year and we're already looking at a third variant of the original.

Edited by LazerSkink

3 hours ago, Hayabusa97 said:

Really? it's been a consistently good weapon even though it is a status weapon in a crit obsessed meta (if the raw damage doesn't kill, the DoT from Slash will)

The game is obsessed with crit, the players are just following the trend.

Slash proc damage is still based on damage dealt, so the Scindo still does more damage with it's more frequent crits with it's slight less frequent slash procs. Not to mention take 6 seconds to tick over...

I found that the most OP of weapons (when you actually want to melee), need a good heaping balance of crit, status and be weighed towards slash.

The reason is simple: 

• Higher slash damage means that the status effect is weighted for slash procs.
  • With ~~15% crit you can make the weapon crit viable w/ blood rush
  • With ~~20% status you can make the weapon status viable w/ weeping wounds

For example, one 60% elemental mod on a Nikana P w/ weeping wounds should have about a 60% chance to status proc @ a 2.0 melee combo (which is very easy to obtain).   Most people only focus on the crits, and either try to shoot for red crits, or over mod into critical damage.  The fact is a slash proc is like critting in itself.  Slash proc damage is nothing to laugh at, especially after you watch that one vid of a single proc killing a lvl 140 bombard.

Edited by zehne

On 14.8.2016 at 2:16 AM, Ivan_Rid said:

I hope its a status weapon, like original Galatine.

15% crit is enough, rest can go into base damage and status chance of at least 30%.

15% is to much considering bloodrush. With 15% you can go easily into red crtis.

Galatine P should stay with 5% crit and be a status monster.