The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why would you use.....?

(PSN)bddacres

In this thread i want to discuss the reasons why you would use a underused weapon ...Please share what frames and weapons you use and why....

For Me It's a oberon and my paris P

Many people overlook the paris p for the dread or rakta but the paris p is a goo bow. It features high puncture damage and red crit. In a.ddition to that the puncture dameage can reduce enemies damage by 3o- percent..

Oberon with his deluxe skin looks great... I build him so he can spam reckoning  and against most grineer units that deals alot of dps. Instant kills to about lvl 50... from that point i use smite to reduce damage and with alot of power strength i can get quick heals for renewal. 

I main Ember Prime and my weapons change from mission to mission. I like to use everything. For me, there isn't an "underused" weapon. I like to build Ember Prime for power strength and efficiency for levels 50 and under. Above that, i focus on utilizing her CC abilities and putting on her WOF augment. 

I tend to stick with Banshee since she is my favorite Warframe. The weapons I use change quite a bit though. One of my favorite loadouts is the Vectis (non prime), Lato, and Reaper Prime. But ill switch out the Vectis for something like the Braton Prime, Latron Wraith,Stradavar etc. And the Lato ill switch out for the Akstiletto Prime or Brakk if I'm doing something that is above lvl 50. The only other melee weapon I really use is the Atterax with Maiming Strike and Prime Reach. That thing is an absolute monster with those mods.

Just now, williamsos10 said:

I tend to stick with Banshee since she is my favorite Warframe. The weapons I use change quite a bit though. One of my favorite loadouts is the Vectis (non prime), Lato, and Reaper Prime. But ill switch out the Vectis for something like the Braton Prime, Latron Wraith,Stradavar etc. And the Lato ill switch out for the Akstiletto Prime or Brakk if I'm doing something that is above lvl 50. The only other melee weapon I really use is the Atterax with Maiming Strike and Prime Reach. That thing is an absolute monster with those mods.

Noice! Ik you must get some crazy dps with banshee

Underused weapons and Frames are allways the best. When people start to "meta" a weapon/frame I will stop using it, cause I don´t like to play with stuff the majority does and so I am loving my

- Tekko

- Diriga

- Destreza

Started playing the Opticor again and want more weapons of this Design, maybe an Dual secondary?

Just now, Kuestenjung said:

Underused weapons and Frames are allways the best. When people start to "meta" a weapon/frame I will stop using it, cause I don´t like to play with stuff the majority does and so I am loving my

- Tekko

- Diriga

- Destreza

Started playing the Opticor again and want more weapons of this Design, maybe an Dual secondary?

Opticor is a cool concept but i never go around to using it... it's a beast in pvp

I use underused/powered weapons since MR grinding is a thing.

Grind xp for them, get them to rank 30 then bye bye!

...On a more serious note, I like my 7 forma'd Dex Sybaris for single-target combat although I wouldn't exactly call it 'underpowered'.

Edited by NativeKiller

Main with Volt P and usually have high status Ignis and Tysis equip. I used to use Dual Ether with my Volt then I moved on to Galatine, from there I've been waffling between Galatine and stat Lesion. I really like using heavies with Volt though, cause when I hit 2 they become as fast as daggers and really rake in that damage.

I've started to use and enjoy Wukong a lot lately.

Of the 'tank' Warframes (Rhino, Inaros, Chroma, and Wukong), he's arguably the most fragile, and yet also arguably the most durable, based on what metrics you use to judge.  He simply doesn't die so long as you have energy to fuel Defy, and Defy gives you a window of invulnerability after it activates so that you don't die again immediately.  I find that the trick to fighting effectively with him is to actually turn off Defy strategically to keep costs down, and turn it on only in situations where you think eating a 'death' is likely.

My only two complaints with Wukong are that his 1 is kinda useless (hard to hit with and not all that impressive), and his 4 is a bit too limited - you can't regain energy with Energy Restores, Zenurik, Energy Siphon, or even Trinity's EV while it's active.  With a better efficiency-focused build to counter the drain, and perhaps more health and armor to fuel Rage (Wukong can basically use Rage infinitely so long as Defy is active, since every time he runs out he just refills it), his 4 might be more usable.

If there were two things I could change on Wukong, it would be to remove the EV and pizza limitation from Primal Fury, and allow its AoE attacks to generate combo.  Either that, or allow Body Count to function on Primal Fury attacks, so that you could build combo more effectively.  Still though, really enjoyable.

My most used weapon is the Glaive Prime.

It is utter garbage as a melee weapon, its damage, crit and such are all low tier, and it lacks combos that make up for that. 

On the other hand as a secondary weapon it is amazing, popping groups of enemies with a buffed Glaivesplosion is always fun. It will also cancel or override a bunch of unnecessary animations making it a great tool to max out your DPS

I like Burston Prime, mostly because of it's burst-fire mechanism, high accuracy and an syndicate augment. As a primary it's not very impressive in almost every stat, but Burston Prime is the only primed burst-fire primary weapon so I guess I don't actually have a choice.

I use a lot of different gear but my favourite underused gear is:

Zephyr - flying around is a lot of fun, and she can be a tank as well.

Tiberon - I LOVE this rifle, handles smooth as silk and hits like a truck, accurate burst weapons are a ton of fun, also a big fan of the Dex Sybaris and the Grinlok.

AkMagnus - badass akimbo revolvers that can be built for both Crit and Status and are pretty accurate too.

Ack & Brunt - I call it "the blender" because once you start spinning, fools get chopped up into paste. ridiculous attack speed and Crit with my build, if you ever want to go full Spartan there's no better choice.

honourable mentions to the Rubico, Drakgoon, AkJagara, Wraith Twin Vipers, Lacera, Kogake, Oberon and Atlas.