Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavat DNA drop rate is Redicilous

(PSN)meganmassackre

I love how DE likes to mess with drop rates opening week of an update. Numerous pc users have complained about the drop rate of Kavat Dna and they got their hotfix, yet us console players are still with nonexistent drops of Kavat Dna all so DE can make a quick buck off kavat sales because nobody wants to deal with the bs of farming for DNA. Something seriously needs to be done about this... Over 100 scans and only 9 DNA to show for it...real nice DE.

With a full group with oberon, slova, vauban, and or frost for avalanche etc. and scanning every wild kavat, I've been getting anywhere from 0 to 6 on ODE. I usually get around 4 if you were wondering. Around 12 codes for every 10 missions, seems pretty fair. Of course rng will be rng so some people will get screwed

I got 10 gene codes in about 30 ODE runs yesterday (pure luck?) but today I got 2 gene codes after 40 ODE runs thru that napalm cluster **** so I've given up hope of having a Kavat because of the layer upon layer of RNG just to sell plat. 

Kubrow egg rng has a higher drop rate - cheaper & takes less time - resources.

well u have to expect issues with  a bran new system,  the more you complain the longer it may take future updates,  i say be more forgiving. they work their buts off to make us happy, u cant expect perfection in a always changing environment,  instead thank you de for all your hard work, but i dont like this or that. simple enough right. remember wf is free to play and always will be. and they have to make money to keep working on wf , so everytime you pay for plat your keeping wf going,  thus paying the way for the entire community,  one suggestion i have is to add cupons to plat packs, say a big pack comes with 5 75% off coupons, that would encorage alot more plat sales. also bare in mind i bought everything i needed  for kavats just by trading so remember that. so ty de for continuing to make wf proud to be tenno. 

The Kubrow Egg farm was more enjoyable than this, because you only needed one per Kubrow.

For this, you need 10 gene codes just to make the segment, then another 10 per Kavat. It's especially painful to grind with people accidently killing Kavats.

Edit: Can also confirm that Kavat genetic codes are the same for each person. So, if I scan a particular Kavat and it gives me a code, then everyone else can scan that Kavat and receive a code as well.

Edited by (XB1)BuyableRook39

• 3 weeks later...

trying to get codes from scans is pure insanity. I understand why DE has done what they have done in the recent updates but good lord they could've done it all so much better. feral kavats either need to spawn more or some where other than the derelict. Hell id be happy with genetic codes showing up in alerts! because trying to scan them even with widgets on my scanner takes FOREVER. They have to up to drop chances. Something has to be improved.

Kubrows were handled better because they came with a questline that guaranteed you one kubrow at the end. They should have done the same with kavats before unleashing them. There were also 4 kubrows initially and only 2 kavats so something is telling me DE went this route to stretch out the time it takes to get one a bit. We should have had the option of scanning hyekkas for a lesser quality kavat DNA which when combined with enoughof those samples, makes 1 good DNA sample. It still would take quite some time, but it would FEEL better to the player as it grants them some control and not leave them completely at the mercy of RNG. It would be nice if they appeared on mars outside of their completely random appearance in Inaros's questline.  

3 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

That's why I scanned the DNS for one kavat, bought the DNA scans & imprints for the other breed kavat, and ignored them ever since.

To sum this up, that's what I did too. I sold anything i could for 400p and got all my DNA and Imprints for myself

Actually it was worse when they first introduced kavats.. that I just went to the store and bought goodies with plat, and bioengineered a Kavat. Few days ago i decided to spend my time wild Kavat hunting as well collect cephlon fragments in the derelict , the best loadout was Dread as primary, Synoid Gammocor(encase you get syndicate enemies or the stalker paying you a visit)  as secondary and Heliocor Melee weapon, and the frame would be Loki with a Huras Kubrow(to save your energy use with invisibility). The Kubrow must have damage mods removed, you dont wish the dog to kill all the cats before you can scan them. Dread you can take stealth shots of big targets, such as ancients, bombards, napalms before going in and scanning the kitties. I find quite awkward since grineer and infested , more likely the grineer that spew fire all over the place kill the cats before you can scan them. If you can get them scanned because they run arround and jump all over the place, pull out the Heliocor and smack the Kavats with it, it scans them as well kills them at the same time. handy to have if there is a bunch of grineer, infested and kavats all in one room, and there is no where to camp and scan in invisibility mode. Just charge in, and smack everything with the Heliocor , and you be surpised you may get a DNA sample from a smacked Kavat. I think I did 7 or 8 rounds to scan cephlon fragments to make an image complete in the codex, and I managed to accumulate 12 Kavat DNA samples, where some missions, I got 1 scan, some 2 scans, and some 0 scans. I think the problem is, if you dont get to the cats before the grineer and infested do, they kill the Kavats, which is why charging in a chaotic room of infested, grineer and kavats with the Heliocor helps. Sometimes you have a kavat solo-ing in a room with no enemies, around. These are easy to scan, just go invisible, and scan away.

But not all Kavats have a DNA code when you scan them.

Edited by Cosmic_Elf

1 minute ago, Carnage2K4 said:

We must be playing different games then...

Or someone doesn't understand the random part...

Let me tell you my story about the brakk.

For almost 2 years, I didn't have the brakk.  The receiver would never drop.

Then the receiver dropped during Retribution mission.

The next time the G3 attacked, no receiver.

The next time, receiver dropped.

The next time, receiver dropped..

The next time, no receiver.

Got that?  For almost 2 years the receiver never dropped, then it dropped four out of the next six times with three in a row.

Random is random.

On the kavats, I got 4 scans on the fourth or fifth mission which put me at 8.  Took me three or four more to get 2 on the last one I did.

I'll tell you my 75% discount story.  I went almost two years before I got the 75% discount.  Bought it immediately.

I've gotten five in the past four months.

Random is Random.

6 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Or someone doesn't understand the random part...

Let me tell you my story about the brakk.

For almost 2 years, I didn't have the brakk.  The receiver would never drop.

Then the receiver dropped during Retribution mission.

The next time the G3 attacked, no receiver.

The next time, receiver dropped..

The next time, no receiver.

Got that?  For almost 2 years the receiver never dropped, then it dropped four out of the next six times with three in a row.

Random is random.

On the kavats, I got 4 scans on the fourth or fifth mission which put me at 8.  Took me three or four more to get 2 on the last one I did.

I'll tell you my 75% discount story.  I went almost two years before I got the 75% discount.  Bought it immediately.

I've gotten five in the past four months.

Random is Random.

Sure mate.