Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A six-shooter that's more powerful than Lex

MattHarrigan

Title says it all. Vasto is the next best thing but it focuses more on rate of fire than dmg per hit. I want a revolver that packs a lot of punch in it. It could have slightly worse RoF than Lex Prime but same or better crit and maybe different physical damage distribution.

For inspiration see the Colt Python .38 special with the 8-inch barrel. It's the gun we all know and love from Half-life 1.

Flickr_-_~Steve_Z~_-_Colt_Target_Python_

It's big, it's beautiful, it's a frigging man stopper. It's what Tenno love and want! :)

36 minutes ago, Nox_Terminus said:

The Marelok.

That's not the same, it's not even a revolver, it's a shortened lever action rifle. Admittedly it comes close in terms of power, but it's still a very different thing in terms of function and style. Plus it has bad crit multiplier :)

Just now, Lenzoid said:

That's not the same, it's not even a revolver, it's a shortened lever action rifle. Admittedly it comes close in terms of power, but it's still a very different thing in terms of function and style. Plus it has bad crit multiplier :)

Criticals don't scale very far, and status out paces it. If anything the majority of the pistol weapons need some fixes, the majority of them are horrifically weak despite some of them looking extremely cool (Akvasto Prime when? >,>).

Kraken would be cool if it were buffed a bit, but its Grineer so giphy.gif.

You people are not getting an OP "six shooter" just because you are bored with the current weapons.

The Lex Prime surpasses most of the snipers because of how flexible it is, and you are insane you if think DE will just hand you another gun on par with that, simply because you want to "snipe" Sortie level enemies with a pistol, like Dirty Harry.

Lex Prime can do over 10K PER ROUND, probably even 15K+ if you just mod for individual round damage, and snipers now do what, 15K-20K at the top end? You seriously think you will get a handgun that does 15K+ per round, with no sway, and no need to zoom in order to use it?

Yea, right.

4 hours ago, Kainosh said:

Pfeifer Zeliska plz.  

d06ed5a1e32a215ca777091206041384.jpg

Make it a weapon with NO crit/status....But 600 base damage (impact).

Awesome :)

No crit... Hmm idk I like crit!

4 hours ago, DSpite said:

like Dirty Harry.

You get me, lad. But... wait, what's wrong about that?

8 hours ago, Lenzoid said:

Pfft, It can do crits. The base damage ans crit chance are high enough it's a DPS increase.

Get a gun that can do both.

henry_mares_leg_f.jpg

Marelok for crit and status.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 11:39 AM, Retho said:

Dont know, but for me Lex is like Desert Eagle. Semi-Automatic, using gas operated reloading system and use .50 Action Express ammo.I love Lex pistols and dont want any obsolete " six shooter " .

Except for the fact the Lex actually works. Functionality weighs pretty heavily on the Desert Beagle. There's a reason that gun isn't taken too seriously in firearms enthusiast circles.

Extremely powerful semi-auto pistols historically haven't fared well in the marketplace. They tend to be expensive, unreliable, and fragile.

This is a game, of course, but an extremely powerful revolver would be a good thing to have. We have garbage like bows in this game that are (occasionally) effective, so a proper tenno oriented sixgun would be a good thing (and aid in getting your inner Elmer Keith on). The Magnus hasn't received the prime treatment yet and I'm holding out hope that it will fill that niche.

Magnus Prime, when? Also...

On 8/20/2016 at 3:00 AM, Nox_Terminus said:

Criticals don't scale very far

You mean past level 300+ enemies? Because most of the top end crit weapon kill faster than any of the top end status weapons under level 200. If we're strictly talking secondaries, AkStilleto Prime is the only Status focused secondary that outpaces crit weapons....when you use it with a crit build.

On 8/20/2016 at 8:48 AM, DSpite said:

You people are not getting an OP "six shooter" just because you are bored with the current weapons.

The Lex Prime surpasses most of the snipers because of how flexible it is, and you are insane you if think DE will just hand you another gun on par with that, simply because you want to "snipe" Sortie level enemies with a pistol, like Dirty Harry.

Lex Prime can do over 10K PER ROUND, probably even 15K+ if you just mod for individual round damage, and snipers now do what, 15K-20K at the top end? You seriously think you will get a handgun that does 15K+ per round, with no sway, and no need to zoom in order to use it?

Yea, right.

1.)  We want something fun because we're bored?  Man, it's almost as if this is a game or something.

2.)  You can pistol snipe with just about any decently accurate pistol, for one.  Second, you're implying that playing a game about magical laser space ninjas as Dirty Harry would be a bad thing.

3.)  High end snipers hit WAY harder than that if used and built right (look at the lanka's damage).  That aside, their big strength comes from using the scope over huge distances.  Admittedly, this isn't useful everywhere, but it's another case of "right tool for the right job."  I do, however, dislike the sniper sway.

4.)  OP isn't talking about a straight buff to the Lex Prime here.  He wants something that hits like a truck and has the stopping power of your average wrecking ball, but it doesn't need to be a sniper.  Just anything that knocks enemies back when they're hit.

Actually, now that I think about it, stopping power would be a cool mechanic for warframe.  BRB thread.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2016 at 1:30 PM, Sloan441 said:

Except for the fact the Lex actually works. Functionality weighs pretty heavily on the Desert Beagle. There's a reason that gun isn't taken too seriously in firearms enthusiast circles.

Extremely powerful semi-auto pistols historically haven't fared well in the marketplace. They tend to be expensive, unreliable, and fragile.

This is a game, of course, but an extremely powerful revolver would be a good thing to have. We have garbage like bows in this game that are (occasionally) effective, so a proper tenno oriented sixgun would be a good thing (and aid in getting your inner Elmer Keith on). The Magnus hasn't received the prime treatment yet and I'm holding out hope that it will fill that niche.

Have the Magnus replace the Bronco on the drop tables. My god how long have we had that useless hand cannon on the list...

20 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Have the Magnus replace the Bronco on the drop tables. My god how long have we had that useless hand cannon on the list...

Well, if we get a Magnus Prime it'll be on whatever new relics appear with that PA.

As for the BroncoP...well...I wouldn't call it useless. Once upon a time, it was a formidable weapon compared to other secondaries. Tenno/Orokin handcannons are the only ones without dropoff. Nevertheless, it just hasn't fared well with all the newer weapons being introduced constantly. I don't think anyone would miss it if it were retired to the vault.

It is still the only prime handcannon we have--and this isn't an expansive category of weapons even now. If a Pyrana Prime were to appear, then we'd have something new and directly comparable to the BroncoP. This isn't even getting into Ak-variants.