Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please buff the Sarpa!

L4UR1

On Bere, I was using Inaros, and if you Dessicate or otherwise blind the enemies, you can easily one-shot them from half the map away thanks to the 4x bonus. I don't think the accuracy is an issue, either, since I did Sorties 1 and 2 with just the Sarpa. So basically, take advantage of stealth bonuses and you have yourself a sniper rifle.

For people that claim it's an direct upgrade to Redeemer - Think the one that haven't touch the gun is you.

Sarpa's better at kiling groups of enemy, Redeemer's good at A enemy. 

It's a decent alternative to the Redeemer EXCEPT that stupid accuracy. You honestly can't hit anything accurately over 20m.

Put it this way: Redeemer is good at long range - yet it's a shotgun. Sarpa is a normal rifle. But Redeemer's better at long range. See the problem?

An accuracy buff would make the choice between the two more interesting.

Edited by Alvin_1020

1 hour ago, Tricky5hift said:

Blood Rush + Body Count can make any low crit weapon crit reliably once you get to a high enough combo counter.

Only if they actually have 10%+ crit chance, 5% is just too low unless you have a steady supply of strong foes that could probably stomp you into the ground before you get to actually have a high enough combo counter to reap the rewards

1 hour ago, Tricky5hift said:

Blood Rush + Body Count can make any low crit weapon crit reliably once you get to a high enough combo counter.

The critrate is split between the pellets, I believe.

Either way, the number of crits is abysmal, even with True Steel added and a x3 combo counter.

The Sarpa's strong point, compared to the redeemer, is the fact that the charged shots deal physical damage and seem to proc status quite a lot, per salvo.

Utilizing a few dual stats mods and Buzzkill will more often than not, result in mutiple slash procs per salvo.

Add a blinding ability to the equation and you've got yourself procs that tick for 20k upwards.

It's actually quite fun oneshotting a bunch of lvl 110 corrupted heavy gunner eximi in the Similacrum.

Edited by iSmallfry

1 hour ago, Trichouette said:

It does crit sometimes but the chances are very low

I tested it long enough with maxed blood rush and true still on 3,5x melee combo multiplier. There wasn't even single crit on it's shot (both fast shots and charged ones). Notice that it should have about 50% crit chance with this loadout, but it's far from that from my experience. Sometimes you can see yellow numbers on ragdolled or stunned enemy of course.

IMO, An accuracy buff would make the Sarpa much easier to use. Doesn't have to be 100%, too. Just enough to make it so that all shots can land reliably onto the where the crosshair is aimed at about medium range. Right now, the spread of the burst is just too wide. Even larger than the Redeemer's single shot, ironically. I recently have taken a liking to spreading the burst between small groups of enemies by firing in an arc. But it becomes a bit of RNG at times due to the spread.

Sarpa with High Noon is very good. For the hell of it I tested it while it was only 15. Pressure Point, Fury, and North Wind were the only mods I had in... It was tearing right through 110 Corrupted Heavy Gunners. It only gets better.

7 hours ago, Tricky5hift said:

What exactly needs to be buffed?

The shots actually add to the combo counter.

Pair that with Body Count and maybe even Blood Rush and you got yourself a pretty legit weapon.

weeping wounds work better than blood rush because it has a higher status chance just saying