Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please buff the Sarpa!

L4UR1

Well stats-wise I believe it was a straight upgrade from Redeemer. However, as my clan members advised me, it's a shotgun so it's all about CQC which... Funnily enough, melee is usually all about. It's different to the Redeemer so shouldn't be used in the same way.

Get up close and destroy stuff to get the benefits, like you're actually meant to.

Edited by Naith

4 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

What exactly needs to be buffed?

The shots actually add to the combo counter.

Pair that with Body Count and maybe even Blood Rush and you got yourself a pretty legit weapon.

5% crit chance... Yeah sure try to do that :D

It's a good weapon, doesn't need to be buffed

8 minutes ago, Carbonax said:

The Sarpa is a flat upgrade to the already decent Redeemer. I would prefer that the Sarpa does not get buffed.

eh?

idk if you played with both but even if redeemer has little lower stats its still way better than sarpa

redeemer shots 10 pellets and charge attack has 300 blast dmg as base

where sarpa shots 4 pellets

also redeemer has 2-3x better accuracy than sarpa

Edited by Dante123pl

5 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

If anything, the Bullet Dance stance needs some work.

From what I heard the combos don't always work and it looks jerky as hell.

Pretty sure the first 2 hits for all the combos require insanely fast strokes. I can't perform certain any combos reliably unless I use my scroll wheel to spam the attack and even that can fail.

Edited by AXCrusnik

Just now, Tricky5hift said:

Blood Rush + Body Count can make any low crit weapon crit reliably once you get to a high enough combo counter.

Doesn't actually work with shots by some reason. Actually charget shots can't crit at all. The only yellow numbers you can get are against unalerted/stunned/blinded enemies.

3 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I easily doing more than 20K with this weapon's charged shot without having fully modded it. You really think it needs a buff?

Accuracy needs huge buff.

9 minutes ago, Carbonax said:

The Sarpa is a flat upgrade to the already decent Redeemer.

I wouldn't say that. Yes, as a blade and status weapon, the Sarpa is better than the Redeemer but as a gun? The Sarpa is highly inaccurate and every pellet the Redeemer fires now adds to the combo meter which makes the Redeemer currently the fastest scaling melee weapon in-game. Both gunblades have their perks but none of them outclasses the other.

Edited by IronWolfKnight
Edited the quote to be specific of what I'm talking about.

it counting for and using the Combo Counter rather than like Redeemer and the Gunshots having it's own proprietary Counter is inconsistent, so i doubt intended.

it's Accuracy being less disgustingly bad would compensate for the loss of as far as i'm concerned fixing that it uses the Melee Combo Counter.

Rather than immediately jumping onto the "buff a thing" train of thought, take a step back and look at the various parameters on the Sarpa and on the Redeemer.  Look at the stats of each and how they compare across each other.

Redeemer

• 60 total Physical damage at base.
  • 0.833 Attack speed, semi-low attack speed for its class.
  • Very tight spread on its shots.
  • Has a very metered feeling/timing on repeated charged shots.

Sarpa

• 70 total Physical damage at base.
  • 1.0 Attack speed, average attack speed for its class.
  • Very wide spread on its shots.
  • Has a very fast and spammy feeling on repeated charged shots.

Right now the Sarpa feels close to a proper sidegrade to the Redeemer, which would be the best outcome of sorts.  However given the pretty buggy feeling nature of Bullet Dance as a Stance and any other possible anomalies that may have arisen from TSG, it would be a good idea to wait a bit longer to fully try and evaluate the differences between the two weapons.

If nothing else, the Sarpa is both stronger and faster than the Redeemer outright.  It can't also be just as suited to all other things as the Redeemer otherwise it's just another case of powercreep.  That doesn't mean I'm saying it's perfect in its current iteration necessarily.  But if nothing else it cannot be made comparably accurate to the Redeemer, unless we look at lowering another stat on the Sarpa to compensate that change appropriately.

unlike redeemer, i think the Sarpa is more of a Gun.. then blade.  I was doing fine Gunning down Grineer with an unformaed Sarpa in Berehynia.  WAs even able to use it's finishers.  My only complait is without Reach or primed reach it has really short range that you almost need to bump into your opponent to perform a stealth finisher

The new stance is so OP... love it

1 hour ago, Bobtm said:

Rather than immediately jumping onto the "buff a thing" train of thought, take a step back and look at the various parameters on the Sarpa and on the Redeemer.  Look at the stats of each and how they compare across each other.

Redeemer

• 60 total Physical damage at base.
  • 0.833 Attack speed, semi-low attack speed for its class.
  • Very tight spread on its shots.
  • Has a very metered feeling/timing on repeated charged shots.

Sarpa

• 70 total Physical damage at base.
  • 1.0 Attack speed, average attack speed for its class.
  • Very wide spread on its shots.
  • Has a very fast and spammy feeling on repeated charged shots.

Right now the Sarpa feels close to a proper sidegrade to the Redeemer, which would be the best outcome of sorts.  However given the pretty buggy feeling nature of Bullet Dance as a Stance and any other possible anomalies that may have arisen from TSG, it would be a good idea to wait a bit longer to fully try and evaluate the differences between the two weapons.

If nothing else, the Sarpa is both stronger and faster than the Redeemer outright.  It can't also be just as suited to all other things as the Redeemer otherwise it's just another case of powercreep.  That doesn't mean I'm saying it's perfect in its current iteration necessarily.  But if nothing else it cannot be made comparably accurate to the Redeemer, unless we look at lowering another stat on the Sarpa to compensate that change appropriately.

Better damage and attack speed is all well and good if you could actually hit anything. Even at almost point blank range, it has a frustrating tendency to miss somehow and the stance that makes you jump around like a rabbit with adhd certainly doesn't help. What's the point of having a gun and a sword together when the former has pretty much the same range as the latter?