Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Melee Weapon

Orthos Prime is the best range weapon. Good clearance for level <40 mobs.

For the lvl >40 mobs, I prefer redeemer just like you. Only because I can shoot from far while out of ammo. Most people think the high damage melee is the best, but not every warframe can stand the missile of bombard. So shooting from far is always the best survival condition.

Anyway, you should put greater lens on redeemer, and go invisible with loki or ivara to look for focus standings. It was very effective, because you can also scan for simaris standing, and shot if afterwards.

2 hours ago, Hitexh said:

Orthos Prime is the best range weapon. Good clearance for level <40 mobs.

For the lvl >40 mobs, I prefer redeemer just like you. Only because I can shoot from far while out of ammo. Most people think the high damage melee is the best, but not every warframe can stand the missile of bombard. So shooting from far is always the best survival condition.

Anyway, you should put greater lens on redeemer, and go invisible with loki or ivara to look for focus standings. It was very effective, because you can also scan for simaris standing, and shot if afterwards.

I think what sold me on the redeemer was someone telling me that the gun shots worked with Life Strike.

I think what sold me on the redeemer was someone telling me that the gun shots worked with Life Strike.

That is pretty awesome.

Nikana still has the edge with the finishing combo moves and high speed. Much as I like the other weapons I have it's kind of hard to beat that. And it makes life leech even faster.

Actually, I'd put my weapons as equal. Every single one of them. Because there's no "best". Only "Best for the situation/targets". It all depends on what you're trying to take down and achieve.

Edited by Taramafor

12 minutes ago, Taramafor said:

That is pretty awesome.

Nikana still has the edge with the finishing combo moves and high speed. Much as I like the other weapons I have it's kind of hard to beat that. And it makes life leech even faster.

Actually, I'd put my weapons as equal. Every single one of them. Because there's no "best". Only "Best for the situation/targets". It all depends on what you're trying to take down and achieve.

Everyone says they don't have a favorite kid, but they really do.

1 hour ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Favourite, yes. But that doesn't have to translate to "best", which is purely subjective. I have favourite weapons but I wouldn't ever say it's "better" then another persons favourite weapon. To each their own. Having the best stat weapons also means nothing if you're not comfortable with the combos. That's how I beat people that go for "mathematically best" weapons. They can do all the math they like, but if I can handle a weapon better then the other guy, I'm going to beat them.

Edited by Taramafor

33 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Not necessarily. And I mean this both in the figurative and the literal meaning of your metaphor.

I find this question awfully vague. There's no objective best weapon in the entire melee category. To me it depends heavily on which melee type I'm adressing. Say, I like both dual swords and polearms a lot. But the use of these two types of melee feels different enough that it's hard for me to compare their individual examples, much less rank them. It seems much more accurate to point out my favorite weapon of each melee type. For instance, in my opinion, the best dual swords are the Dual Cleavers (regular or prisma), the best polearm is the Tonbo, the best sword is Broken War, and etcetera.

Just now, Gorila_Azul said:

Not necessarily. And I mean this both in the figurative and the literal meaning of your metaphor.

I find this question awfully vague. There's no objective best weapon in the entire melee category. To me it depends heavily on which melee type I'm adressing. Say, I like both dual swords and polearms a lot. But the use of these two types of melee feels different enough that it's hard for me to compare their individual examples, much less rank them. It seems much more accurate to point out my favorite weapon of each melee type. For instance, in my opinion, the best dual swords are the Dual Cleavers (regular or prisma), the best polearm is the Tonbo, the best sword is Broken War, and etcetera.

Which one do you use most.  If you are not trying to do something specific, which one is in your melee slot most of the time. That's your proverbial "favorite kid."

1 minute ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Which one do you use most.  If you are not trying to do something specific, which one is in your melee slot most of the time. That's your proverbial "favorite kid."

Most used does not translate to favorite. We have countless people upset with their profiles because the frame and weapon displayed as their most used does not reflect their favorite frames and weapons.

This is specifically true in my case, if you consider that most of the times, the melee in my slot acts as nothing more than a mod carrier for Primal Fury (I'm not counting Primal Fury as a melee weapon - it's an ability).

Just now, Gorila_Azul said:

Most used does not translate to favorite. We have countless people upset with their profiles because the frame and weapon displayed as their most used does not reflect their favorite frames and weapons.

This is specifically true in my case, if you consider that most of the times, the melee in my slot acts as nothing more than a mod carrier for Primal Fury (I'm not counting Primal Fury as a melee weapon - it's an ability).

okay, buddy . . .

58 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

I always mix them up. What did I use last time? Ok, then let's use something different this time. I like to give all my weapons some love.

Then again I'm polymerous and have a bad history of playing favourites. I want to keep everyone and everything as involved as each other if I like them. Anything I don't much care for though can of course go suck an egg, but what this means is that I don't ever have a favourite. Because they're all liked as much as possible, even if in different ways, with no more or less tying in. Be it people or items or games. This sword is better for smaller groups, that whip is better for large mobs. Redeemer can kick Raptor's butt even if it's slow (That was fun. Take that level 100 raptor) Etc. So not everyone has a favourite. Even if most do. That would be like assuming someone is straight just because most are.

Also, as was stated before "most used" doesn't mean "most favourite". I might use plasma pistol in Halo a lot on legendary but I despise it because it's the only way to effectively combat elites. This logic can apply to other games. It can be the most efficient but that doesn't mean I have to like it because of that. I also don't like redeemers stealth because it's immersive breaking. I like everything else about the weapon though. And while I love the fire on the sword and shield everything is weak to either corrosive or magnetic. Love the weapon, hate that there's nothing to use it on. As a result it's the least used and yet I want to use it more.

Can we please have enemies weaker to other things then corrosive and magnetic already? >_<

Edited by Taramafor

• 2 months later...
Just now, Yusif854 said:

I just LOVE FRAGOR PRIME!!! It is slow, but one of the top 5 best melees for damage and the best crit melee atm. This thing is just a monster. And looks sexy as F***

Nice Nekros-bump new tenno!

Anywho, the prisma dual cleaver are my flavor-of-the-month favorite melee weapon at the moment.

High attack speed, good crit chance, excellent crit damage multiplier, good status chance, and primarily slash damage = good high-tier weapon.