Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So when are Nullifiers going to be removed?

NezuHimeSama

Scaling is a moot point. If something is unfair at X or Y level for reasons other than "lots of damage, lots of health", it's unfair at any level, as weaker players will have the same experience at lower levels.

Nulli bubble is a broken mess. It's broken by design and by function. S#&$ needs to be removed.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Final_Dragon01 said:

It takes bows and snipers 3-5 seconds to drop a nullifier shield which is 500%-900% longer than a full auto.  If you have to stop fighting to run at a nullifier the same issue persists.  The efficiency sacrificed makes bringing weapons that don't deal with a nully shield in half a second not worth it.  How much less effective do snipers and bows need to get for you to call them restricted?  Should they take 2000% longer? 5000%?   I personally draw the line at 200%.

Walk in the bubble.  Stabby Stabby.  Corpus Sushi.  Done.

Watching nullies coming at you one after another in a small area while you systematically kill every last one of them can be indeed anoying and a "pain" sometimes depending of the lvl of the mission but from what i see sometimes in missions, players themselfs are sometimes to blame too for being afraid sometimes of wasting bullets on it to safely shoot the guy from the distance and his friends or if its with just a handfull of folks, runing inside and actually killing him.

Removing or not i dunno since that is up to DE but taking them out of the game for example could just mean "tonkor hunting season" to most of living things in warframe :/

Edited by xxfiurionxx

3 hours ago, TheLoneNinja said:

Walk in the bubble.  Stabby Stabby.  Corpus Sushi.  Done.

Walk in the bubble. Step into sapper osprey dropings. Muh Wuhrframe Fries. Done.

If the bubble would not stop bullets, then it'd be fine. You still would have all abilities nullified inside of it, but it would not be as annoying to deal with.

Right now, as many, including me, say, we're forced to either high-rof weapons and then nuke, or go for melee, which is suicidal at high levels... but lv100 is tri times hiyer than max level, itz no exkuze, waaah! ...yeah, sortie is not a thing, i get that.

It's like every single guide for Gunzerker build in Borderlands 2, "ooh did you know that if you have grog nozzle/rubi and dp unkempt harold you are invincible?"

(Explanation: GZ can dual-wield guns. Grog nozzle/Rubi are pistols that allow you to leech 65%/12% damage dealt into your health respectively. DPUH is a pistol that shoots 2 bullets that will split into 7 explosive bullets each (14 total) with insame damage for price of 6 ammo. GN also has a chance to make you 'drunk', that will add extra 5 shots for a short time, meaning tha DPUH can fire a whopping 49 bullets due to its mechanic. Combine that with 65% life leech...)

2 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

No counter argument necessary.  OP said they were broken.  They are not.

Yeah, they sure work perfectly and have no bugs at all!

They still turn completely invulnerable to all forms of damage at random.

Edited by NezuHimeSama

1 hour ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Yeah, they sure work perfectly and have no bugs at all!

They still turn completely invulnerable to all forms of damage at random.

Wait a sec...  You mean there are bugs in Warframe?  NO WAY!!!  I don't believe it.

Saying "There are and there have been bugs with the nullifiers" is not the same as "Nullifiers are broken as a concept."

18 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Wait a sec...  You mean there are bugs in Warframe?  NO WAY!!!  I don't believe it.

Saying "There are and there have been bugs with the nullifiers" is not the same as "Nullifiers are broken as a concept."

Their concept is broken, and so is their function. They're a perfect defensive unit with no actual genuine hard counter, and they're a normal common enemy.

1 hour ago, Shifty_Shuffler said:

The only thing restricting builds is yourself, because you're chasing the meta and your precious 'efficiency'. So what if it takes a little longer to do a mission? Just have fun with whatever build you come up with.

I say "I want snipers to at least do half of what the soma and boltor do."  You reply with "You need to stop chasing the meta."  I really don't know how to respond to such a non sequitur.  You do realize my post is anti-meta right?  Nullifiers only enforce existing meta and that's a bad thing.

I believe I asked you this in a different thread and you didn't respond, so I'll ask you again here.  Why do bows and snipers, which were already less effective than the soma and boltor before nullifiers showed up, need another disadvantage?

3 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

Nullifiers:

-Enforce existing weapon and frame meta.

-Buff things that don't need to be buffed.  (Nuke frames, soma, boltor)

-Nerf things that don't need to be nerfed.  (Snipers, bows, various non-meta warframe builds)

-Don't reduce power spam.  (They actually double it.)

Yeah they are totally not broken as a concept.

On 24/8/2016 at 1:39 PM, Wolfwaffe said:

Level 100+ sapping ospreys/tech crewmen/bursas. Bonus points if nullifier himsel is a level 125 arctic eximus.

Man, you are choosing to fight agains high level enemies. Don't complain if you found difficulty, in normal levels without entering in the meta nullifiers can be easily killed.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Final_Dragon01 said:

It takes bows and snipers 3-5 seconds to drop a nullifier shield which is 500%-900% longer than a full auto.  If you have to stop fighting to run at a nullifier the same issue persists.  The efficiency sacrificed makes bringing weapons that don't deal with a nully shield in half a second not worth it.  How much less effective do snipers and bows need to get for you to call them restricted?  Should they take 2000% longer? 5000%?   I personally draw the line at 200%.

Stop right there. Fully modded Azima takes exactly 3 seconds to shrink the bubble of a low leveled Nullifier. It has a set value how fast it can shrink. You cannot pop it in half a second. And you restrict yourself, if you choose to deal with Nullifier with those weapons from the outside, while again low fire rate weapons with a lot of damage are faster from the inside. Check your arguments before posting. Invalid.

17 hours ago, Tora.Prime said:

Eximus Nullifier lv.135 - 5 hits of Lex Prime

L7FwdfJ.gif

He also need 3 seconds to kill a Nullifier, the same amount of time you would require to just pop its bubble. If we add the time he would need to get to him, compared to the time your weapons would need to kill him afterwards - we will get them same amount of time. 

Inaros is not part of any optimal builds nor is the tigris.  The build you suggested is far slower than an optimal build which clears rooms in seconds regardless of the presence of nullifiers.  I would consider the build inefficient because it requires that you approach each nullifier individually which costs you significant time in a fight.  Sure it works, but so does Limbo with a lato.  The point is that if you don't choose an optimal build your efficiency takes a massive hit.

What are we talking about here? Optimal builds to clear rooms or Nulliefiers? Your concern was bows/snipers and some shotguns struggle to deal with them, thus people are not using those weapons in missions with Nullifiers. I gave you an option to play with those weapons even in those situations. And you respond, those weapons kill slower (marked text) in general. So what have Nullifiers to do with the argument/issue you are using here. Go make a whine thread that snipers and bow are bad in horde game. 

The reason nullifiers are hated is because without nullifiers stuff like bows and snipers already had intrinsic weaknesses.  Nullifiers simply widen the gap between these weapons and meta weapons artificially for absolutely no reason.  This means adapting to them just means taking an optimal build and leaving your snipetron vandal to collect dust no mater how much you love it.

Again, the only argument you present in this wall of text is EFFICIENCY, for the third time. You cannot argue just with one card in your hand. And again, bows and snipers are not weak, you make them weak with your personal choice not to try different playstyles. If you love something, you will find a way to use it and you will take it in any mission, because you like this weapon. You like how it looks, how it feels, how it sound. If EFFICIENCY is they only reason you chose gear, don't you dare to argue with love. 

Yes you absolutely can have both.  They completely failed to stop or even slightly inconvenience meta builds, but non-meta builds like a landslide atlas or SofD neckros are left in the dark.  The non-meta builds did not need the nerf they received.  Could you still use them if you really wanted to?  Sure, but they will be needlessly inefficient.

What are you talking about here? You cannot say: Nullifiers need to go because they negate my powers and simultaneously don't stop enough of my powers? Common sense arguments work only against people with common sense, huh. Every build is affected by them, the question is how you play around them. Too bad you mention Atlas as a subpar build here, because I have a Lansdlide Atlas. And I use him a lot. Do you know how i deal with Nullierfiers? I run into the bubble and kill him with a slide attack, because I can survive it with his tankiness and because I am already near them due to playstyle of this build. 

You present here bad examples, because you neglect all possibilities and think with your meta-brain. And your deffinition of meta is messed up. If a build is working and is easy to execute, it becomes a meta-build. It is not like meta, thus it is working. Chain of causalities is important. Thus, every build you consider non-meta, due to presence of a Nullifier, is a prime example this unit does exactly, what you say it couldn't achieve.  

How is there variation if the frost and ember builds I mentioned just nuke nullifiers along with everything else?  That's not forcing me out of my comfort zone if I just use the same old meta build for every single mission.  That's problem you fail to see.

Absolutely wrong.  The problem is the exact opposite.  Anything that works on a nullifier also works just as well on bombards and lancers.  This means you just take the same build everywhere and deal with everything the same way with no variation.  Nova is completely unaffected by nullifiers, and ash is only trivially affected.  Both are nuke frames that can function the same way as the frost or ember in the example above.  Minor changes in target priority and their ults work just fine.  No nullifiers don't work well because they completely fail to curtail nova or ash, but they make sonar banshee builds more irrelevant than they already were.

How are Frost or Ember nuking them? Nulliefier and all units under his bubble stay uneffected! You need to break the shell somehow something, but not your powers.

"Anything that works on a nullifier also works just as well on bombards and lancers." - That would be guns. But, not everything that works on Bombards, works on Nulliefiers. You cannot target him with a fireball. At least you have to slightly adjust your strategy in the given situation, you cannot leave them run around you, like Butchers or Crewman. This is variation!

Nova cannot slow all units on them map, thus they have a chance to retaliate, she is not completely safe and needs to target Nullifier before everything else on the map, thus her comfort zone is shrinking. And with comfort zone build I was thinking more about Hysteria or Exalted Blade Excal, not those poor examples you present. Where is your argumentation on those irrelevant builds? Not only do you state some build don't work, but they do - see Atlas; you don't even bother to say why they fail - Banshee.

It's a good thing snipers and bows are artificially made pointless, while even more advantages are given to the soma and boltor?

Sniper and bows are not pointless, you make them pointless with your way of thinking. They have the advantage of high damage per shot, precision and range over those automatic weapon; in higher levels ammo ecconomy also becomes one of their advantages.

And it's an objective fact that you will always be slower for doing so.  I'm sure you could do it with a lato too, but my time is precious so I shy away from inefficient play.

EFFICIENCY, for the fourth time. Fact aside, bows and snipers catch up and overcome automatic weapons the higher you go; you still will be slower in some situations, even if those weapons had no issues shrinking the bubble. 

tl;dr:

You present not a single solid argument against Nullifiers. All arguments can be dumped down to efficiency. You ignore the fact, that a lot of gear is situational in the game and allways fall back to bows and snipers as one of your arguments. Furthermore, you ignore the fact some of those shortcomings can be overcome with slight adjustmens and you cover it up with efficiency and stubberness. Several examples you provide are blatantly wrong and show lack of knowledge or experience.

Thanks for this discussion.

Edited by ShortCat

3 hours ago, (PS4)Final_Dragon01 said:

I say "I want snipers to at least do half of what the soma and boltor do."  You reply with "You need to stop chasing the meta."  I really don't know how to respond to such a non sequitur.  You do realize my post is anti-meta right?  Nullifiers only enforce existing meta and that's a bad thing.

What? If you insist on using part of my response out of context then and use it against something I wasn't even referring too then yeah it would sound odd. You main seems to be about loadout restrictions and your precious efficiency, that, is what I was responding too. And snipers and bows do do well, they are high damage precision weapons with generally good ammo conservation. Yes they are not so great against a nullifiers shields but as many many have said there are was to counter this, but you counter argument is your precious efficiency....

3 hours ago, (PS4)Final_Dragon01 said:

I believe I asked you this in a different thread and you didn't respond, so I'll ask you again here.  Why do bows and snipers, which were already less effective than the soma and boltor before nullifiers showed up, need another disadvantage?

The only disadvantage they have is that they don't take the nullies shields down as fast, same applies to any single shot weapon, e.g. Lex. But these weapons are still very good weapons. This is why we have a secondary weapon slot, so you can put a rapid fire to complement your slow firing weapon. And if you have a slow fire in both slots then you can resort to melee or try other tactics, or use some teamworlk.

But this is where your obsession with efficiency will kick as you are not willing to adapt you playstyle to accommodate using either bows or snipers

27 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

Stop right there. Fully modded Azima takes exactly 3 seconds to shrink the bubble of a low leveled Nullifier. It has a set value how fast it can shrink. You cannot pop it in half a second. And you restrict yourself, if you choose to deal with Nullifier with those weapons from the outside, while again low fire rate weapons with a lot of damage are faster from the inside. Chech your arguments before posting. Invalid.

You didn't know you don't have to keep shooting a nully bubble until it drops?  It only takes about 10 hits which most of my guns can do in .4-.7 seconds.  After that my attention paid to the nully is over.  Sure the shield still takes time to decay, but I'm doing other things during that time, and the nully just get caught in the next ult.  I never said I could pop a shield in half a second.  I specifically said they only required half a second of attention.  I assumed that such an experienced player like yourself would know such a basic fact.  Particularly given your condescending tone.

Frankly for most of this it seems you didn't reread the stuff you posted I was replying to, so I'm just going to rapid fire off the problems with your arguments.

I never said a word about shotguns.  As they are close range weapons it makes sense someone would enter the shield to attack the nullifier.  That came from you.

You declared the tigris and inaros was a new optimal anti-nully build.  It's not.  It's slow.  I already explained how these builds worked twice.  Please reread the previous posts.

You called 2.5 lines a wall of text.

Somehow you justify buffing guns like buffing the soma and the boltor, while simultaneously nerfing snipers and bows because efficiency does not matter?  What else is there to talk about?  Efficiency is a great way to describe why that's a bad idea.  If you think that's appropriate, okay that's your opinion, but the power-creep people want a word.

Now the good one.

1 hour ago, ShortCat said:

"Anything that works on a nullifier also works just as well on bombards and lancers." - That would be guns. But, not everything that works on Bombards, works on Nulliefiers.

I explained above how optimal builds work.  They are a combo of powers and guns.  Please reread.  As for the second part, who cares?  As they exist now bombards are a trash enemy that just dies with everything else.  There is no reason to build for bombards because literally everything with the right mods can deal with bombards.  Nullifiers on the other hand needlessly make large parts of your arsenal pointless regardless of mods.  So you build for nullifiers and that automatically means you also built for bombards.  I don't see how you keep missing that point.

Somehow again you say it's right that snipers and bows are weak against nullifier shields because they have a high single shot value?  Like I said it sounded like you didn't reread your own post.

In the end you say efficiency does not matter, which is fine as your personal opinion.  However, many people would hate it DE started designing content with the motto "Efficiency does not matter."  Maybe round C drops should be changed so they are wave 80 2% drop chance only.  Please tell me you see how ridiculous that is as an argument.

2 hours ago, ShortCat said:

Several examples you provide are blatantly wrong and show lack of knowledge or experience.

You showed that you don't understand nullifier mechanics well enough to understand basic arguments.  I suggest you read other threads about nullifiers and you might start seeing why they are a net negative for the game.

Yes they are not so great against a nullifiers shields but as many many have said there are was to counter this, but you counter argument is your precious efficiency.

That's the entire point.  I don't care if there is a work around.  A long as there are guns like the boltor, soma, and simulor with their game breaking damage that have no weaknesses and are good everywhere there is no reason snipers and bows should be unbearably ineffective against nullifier shields.

The only disadvantage they have is that they don't take the nullies shields down as fast, same applies to any single shot weapon, e.g. Lex. But these weapons are still very good weapons. This is why we have a secondary weapon slot, so you can put a rapid fire to complement your slow firing weapon. And if you have a slow fire in both slots then you can resort to melee or try other tactics, or use some teamworlk.

You just tell me what the disadvantage is and that there is a work around.  You don't tell me why that disadvantage needs to exist in the first place.  That is my question.

There are real and good reasons to bring a complimentary secondary weapon.  Let's say I bring a sniper to an infested mission.  There is a chance I would get overwhelmed and be unable to deal with all the different targets at once with a sniper.  At that point it would be smart to switch to a complimentary secondary.  In that situation I'm just not skilled enough to deal with the situation with a sniper.  That is a good reason to bring and switch to a secondary weapon.  Nullifiers just say your sniper does not work just because we say so and no other reason.  That's a bad reason to bring and switch to a secondary weapon.

43 minutes ago, (PS4)Final_Dragon01 said:

I never said I could pop a shield in half a second.  I specifically said they only required half a second of attention.

15 hours ago, (PS4)Final_Dragon01 said:

It takes bows and snipers 3-5 seconds to drop a nullifier shield.The efficiency sacrificed makes bringing weapons that don't deal with a nully shield in half a second not worth it.

Nope. Don't see those clear words. In combination with previous sentence, there is no room for other interpretations.

Also applies to the following:

49 minutes ago, (PS4)Final_Dragon01 said:

Frankly for most of this it seems you didn't reread the stuff you posted I was replying to, so I'm just going to rapid fire off the problems with your arguments.

I read what I write, I read what you write, I read every comment in this thread and considder it. Not like someone else:

1 hour ago, (PS4)Final_Dragon01 said:

I never said a word about shotguns.  As they are close range weapons it makes sense someone would enter the shield to attack the nullifier.  That came from you.

On 24.8.2016 at 1:49 PM, Xzorn said:

If anything they just make us lean on high RoF weapons or conform us to a specific tactic.

On 24.8.2016 at 9:48 PM, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Have you ever tried shooting a nully with a shotgun (other then kohm)? Its a nightmare

This is not a dialog, it is a discussion; everyone can talk and his words count. Furthermore, the issue you have with EFFICIENCY of bows and snipers also applies to some shotguns, all slow firerate in general. You even consider it possible to use a shotgun under the bubble. What about bows? Do they stop working in close range? Why biased opinion here?

Somehow you justify buffing guns like buffing the soma and the boltor, while simultaneously nerfing snipers and bows because efficiency does not matter?

3 hours ago, ShortCat said:

Snipers and bows are not pointless, you make them pointless with your way of thinking. They have the advantage of high damage per shot, precision and range over those automatic weapon; in higher levels ammo ecconomy also becomes one of their advantages.

3 hours ago, ShortCat said:

bows and snipers catch up and overcome automatic weapons the higher you go

Let us talk about EFFICIENCY again when you leave Mercury or actually try those weapons out.

Afterwards more blabbering until:

You showed that you don't understand nullifier mechanics well enough to understand basic arguments.

Geez, you don't even know what meta is and you are talking here about specific game mechanics?

26 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

This is not a dialog, it is a discussion; everyone can talk and his words count. Furthermore, the issue you have with EFFICIENCY of bows and snipers also applies to some shotguns, all slow firerate in general. You even consider it possible to use a shotgun under the bubble. What about bows? Do they stop working in close range? Why biased opinion here?

On 8/25/2016 at 11:40 AM, Xzorn said:

"Just slide into the bubble and kill them with melee, it's easy"    -Says anyone who hasn't been past Sorties level.

There's a very high chance you won't even make it to the bubble before a Gunner or Tech inside teaches you what a bad idea it was.

In short. damage scaling is the reason for my opinion on Nullifiers. Otherwise I just use Ignis on everything cuz by the time enemies can take more abuse you're in one shot territory. The player and enemy damage is so far out of proportion compared to our defenses there's barley any middle ground left.

I don't care about any enemy before lvl 120. Things hardly stay alive long enough to care anyways. It's later levels when the game completely breaks. Hell it starts at lvl 80 for some enemy types, Ever seen a lvl 80 Scorcher? Nullifiers create a completely unfair situation at higher levels in which you cannot go into the bubble and must wait critical seconds for the bubble to go down while praying you have cover to not instantly die from what's inside.

10 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Their concept is broken, and so is their function.

Their concept is to prevent "4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4" and they seem to do that well.

10 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

They're a perfect defensive unit with no actual genuine hard counter, and they're a normal common enemy.

Yes, they are tough,  Your warframe still has three weapons and a sentinel/companion to counter.  They are not common.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Final_Dragon01 said:

Nullifiers:

-Enforce existing weapon and frame meta.

Some warframes are better than others.  It works that way for all enemies and missions.

-Buff things that don't need to be buffed.  (Nuke frames, soma, boltor)

Some weapons types are better than others depending on the enemy.  This is how every game works.  That is not buffing.

-Nerf things that don't need to be nerfed.  (Snipers, bows, various non-meta warframe builds)

Some weapons are better than others depending on the enemy.  Sniper rifles are all but useless.  Take EVERY nullifier out of the game and sniper rifles are still all but useless.  Bows, as a class, are still less useful than assault weapons.  Works the same way with warframes.

-Don't reduce power spam.  (They actually double it.)

How so?

Yeah they are totally not broken as a concept.

Good.  So we agree.

On 8/24/2016 at 2:17 AM, NezuHimeSama said:

Next hotfix? Next update? Because they're broken, on a design level, and also functionally in-game. They can spawn on AOE powers, completely dispelling them and ruining any semblance of strategy or party dynamic in any kind of Corpus tileset, removing the bubble can leave them completely invincible to everything for an indefinite amount of time, often long enough to bring the bubble back up, have it removed again, and still not take any damage for another couple seconds, and they never actually worked as a game mechanic in the first place. Unlike Combas, Scrambus, and Bursas, which come in and F*** up powers with interesting mechanics the player can quickly respond to in order to keep the flow of the mission going, nullifiers are indestructible tanks that shield nearby units, completely dominating the flow of any mission they're present in.

They weren't a functional bandaid then, they aren't a functional bandaid now, and there are better options already implemented into the game now.

there's nothing difficult about nullifiers and they dont ruin "semblance of strategy or pary dynamic".... you just shoot and kill them like everything else and carry on. If you want to remove them, you can go to your steam library, right click on warframe and select "delete local content"