Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So can we talk about how much &#! sarpa kicks?

DementedParadox

I just got it mostly cause it looked fun, plus I already had High noon so I was set with a stance. So loaded into a Saturn exterminate to test this thing out and... It. Kicks. &#!. Now don't get me wrong, as far as blades go, Nikana prime, or war is the king. As a gun though, even though crit and status aren't worth mentioning, raw damage tears through nearly any mid tier enemies as far as I can tell, pair that with the usual gun blade characteristics (silent, infinite ammo, semi hit-scan shots, ect.) it's pretty great, all things considered. It also helps that its pretty much a point-for-point upgrade of the redeemer. I certainly don't think it's the best weapon out there, but I can say I was very pleasantly surprised. How bout you guys? What do you think?

Edit: After reading all your responses ( Thanks by the way, I enjoy learning what everyone thinks :) ) but after looking back on what I said, and having some time to get to know the weapon and how it fits into my loadout, I thought I'd clarify that the way I use the Sarpa is for large groups of enemies. My primary is Paris prime, powerful but not good for speed or large groups. I was impressed by the Sarpa because don't get me wrong, I'm well aware it's accuracy is S#&$, but with High Noon, the lack of accuracy doesn't concern me. I simply use it for speed runs, mowing down all the competition on Hicieron in between extractors or simply fast tracking to the end of a deception or sabotage alert. And for that, I feel it does its job well. If i need sniping, I use my Paris Prime. 

Edited by DementedParadox
Clarification

Just now, Hemmo67 said:

still prefer old redeemer over the new shiny one

Same thing, but Sarpa is definitely a decent alternative to the good old Redeemer.

The only bad point though : Sarpa tends to have much more issues about hitting Targets at mid range suprisingly. The burst is pretty imprecise, making Redeemer more suited for longer ranged takedowns. Actually, I can even snipe with my darn Redeemer. :p

Just now, DementedParadox said:

Oh, no. I've been meaning to to check it's stats, I'm assuming they're pretty good?

Statistics
Weapon Slot Melee
Weapon Type Heavy Blade

Utility

Normal Attacks
Impact w.pngImpact 4.1
Puncture w.pngPuncture 4.1
Slash w.pngSlash 156.8
Crit Chance 20.0%

Slide Attacks

Wall Attacks

8 minutes ago, D20 said:

Same thing, but Sarpa is definitely a decent alternative to the good old Redeemer.

The only bad point though : Sarpa tends to have much more issues about hitting Targets at mid range suprisingly. The burst is pretty imprecise, making Redeemer more suited for longer ranged takedowns. Actually, I can even snipe with my darn Redeemer. :p

^ This. I like Sarpa better, but it can't replace redeemer when it can't hit the broad side of a barn.

4 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Too bad I can't have sarpa's base combo on my redeemer.

That stuff is cool and freaking powerful

Are you talking about Bullet Dance ?

That stance is heavily broken with Redeemer for some reason. I made a bug report thread in PC Beta Bugs general if you are interested. You will probably find it by checking my most recently posted threads.

1 minute ago, D20 said:

Are you talking about Bullet Dance ?

That stance is heavily broken with Redeemer for some reason. I made a bug report thread in PC Beta Bugs general if you are interested.

No I'm talking about the default sarpa's combo.

The one that shoot twice > roll back > shoot > roll back > shoot

7 minutes ago, Rhundis said:
Statistics
Weapon Slot Melee
Weapon Type Heavy Blade

Utility

Normal Attacks
Impact w.pngImpact 4.1
Puncture w.pngPuncture 4.1
Slash w.pngSlash 156.8
Crit Chance 20.0%

Slide Attacks

Wall Attacks

Damn, power creep indeed. Well played galatine prime. *golf clap*

13 minutes ago, direcyphre said:

The only thing that could make Sarpa better is dual Sarpas.

This...

All day.

While it's impossible not to compare it to the Redeemer, they feel so different I don't like to.

Redeemer feels like an old western sawed-off shotgun with a blade attached whereas the Sarpa feels like one of the Uzi-like automatics from The Matrix or Equilibrium with a blade on it.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Foxkid_8 said:

I'm not sure who told you that. But comparing a 1 handed weapon to a heavy blade is hardly fair. Also, Nikana prime has beautiful stats for a 1 handed sword (and better stances than the absolutely worthless Iron Phoenix)

What does it matter if the weapon is 2 handed 3 handed or you also wield a plank in the other hand? What defines weapons is - stats, combos and reach. Nikanas have stats on the higher side but all of the combos are pretty bad and have surprisingly short range. Single swords have crimson and Vengeful, which are quite nice actually but I don't rate them higher than Nikana anyway. 

Atm the best weapon types for reach and DPS with proper stances are Heavy Sword/Axe and Dual Sword/Axe types. Blade and whip and Orthos (other whips are trash) are the mid tier, hopelessly below the high tier but got out of trash due to reach. Everything else is trash tier, sure there's higher up trash tier where swords and nikanas reside, but being best of trash ain't clearing that smell of shame. 

Don't take this is an attack on yourself, bring up how one weapon type is better for you and somehow the machete gives you better results than a Galatine Prime. I did the numbers, ran simulations, tried to make Nikanas come into mid tier at least satisfy my fashion frame craving... In the end of day, most people spam bladestorm, so what does the weapon you use matter anyway?