Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions for side-arm?

(PSN)Scythe14

Question

My primary weapon is a fairly powerful Sobek (I've Forma'd it about six times and kill anything up to level 30 or so in one shot). What's a good secondary weapon to balance this, given that Sobek shoots straight ahead; perhaps something with an area of effect/crowd control? Suggestions if so? 

Thanks!

13 answers to this question

Acid Shells is a good addition to the Sobek as is the syndicate mod to get you some AoE.

I would suggest a secondary that offers an alternate IPS damage type, some reliability at range, and ammo economy to pair up with it.

Consider some of the thrown weapons as most are slashing or puncture. Some can have the an explosion mod attached, some are explosive out of the box, and all of them are silent.

Castana, Sancti Castana, Kunai, Despair, Hikou, Talons, and Spira are options.   

These are all projectile weapons though so you have to account in the difference of aiming from hitscan weapons.

If you want to keep to hitscan weapons the list is huge, but remember that you want stuff that will work for you at range and ideally broaden your damage types options if you plan to continue using the Sobek. 

Staticor has AoE damage and status aplenty :D

A Suppress'd Kulstar (or Staticor, heh) is quite silly and quite fun especially for solo stealth,
Hikou Prime with Concealed Explosives is ~slightly more conservative but great nevertheless.

Akstiletto Prime would be my long-range hitscan supplement of choice
(though Twin Grakatas TWO GRAKATA just has that certain charm that's hard to ignore).

Edited by NinjaZeku

It all depends on the enemy you'll be facing. For corpus I prefer the synoid gammacor because it tears shields apart, and the syndicate proc is pretty nice too. For greener I guess you could use the atomos, but I prefer a straight up puncture build for the desparis. Finally for infested you could ether go with sonicor for (the knock back) or the atomos for max damage. It all depends on your play style I guess, so experiment with all the listed weapons and decide for yourself. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

On 8/26/2016 at 11:50 AM, Padre_Akais said:

Acid Shells is a good addition to the Sobek as is the syndicate mod to get you some AoE.

This. I've seen a couple slightly different builds, but basically everything blows up in 1 or more shots☺. I run a corrosive sobek. For secondary I've had surprising luck with radiation/viral twin gremlins. 

Edited by (PS4)forChristsake

If I run with a shotgun I usually take akstelleto prime. If I take soma prime I take the vaykor Marelok.

Guilty pleasure is the embolist, with the syndicate mod on. Think I put 4-5 forma on it & ive used it on some pretty high levels. Will work on the atamos soon do like that weapon, great for cc.

I only tend to use my Kulstar when doing credit runs, out of the weapons which you can kill your self with that's my personal fav.