Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Elephant In The Room -- Tenno Power Creep And Nullies

Tesseract7777

Here is my suggested fix to nullifiers. Make it so you can shoot enemies inside the bubble excluding the nullifer unit itself. This will let low fire rate weapons continue to be effective against as they can be used to safely kill off all of the nulls buddys before entering a bubble to eliminate the threat. Now to balance the change the bubble should not shrink unless you shoot at the null. The bubble should then act sorta like a onion instantly breaking all of the layers corresponding to the damage dealt with no damage mitigation. This will be followed by a 3 second period of no regeneration with another second of instant breaking of the shield regardless of damage dealt. This will first of all make nulls at least a 2 shoot kill if your outside of their bubble providing a incentive to get in close as well as fixing the issue of fighting nulls with low fire rate weapons.

On 8/26/2016 at 4:45 PM, tutzdes said:

All three factions have they own game-stopper. Corpus have their Nullie-spam, Infested have stacked Ancients+aura spam, Grineer have scaling armor.

Oh man, Infested have stacked Ancients+aura spam.  That one is nasty.  Mostly because I didn't notice what was happening or couldn't do anything about it until it was too late.  Heck, I even got in good with New Loka to stop their Eximus Ancient Healer from spawning.  

On 8/26/2016 at 8:47 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

Second edit: Comba and Scrambus are cancer. I don't know why people say there are somehow not as bad... their fields are invisible so you don't even know in a scrum most of the time if one is near until it starts its work... and you have no idea which kind of powers it will screw over and whether that will hurt your WF a lot or not... it's basically random. Terrible enemy design and an awful idea. 

I agree about the Scrambus/Comba thing.  I always know which of my powers it will mess up because it's always Prowl.

Edited by DatDarkOne
added content.

One detail that should be considered is the Modding system. Some variables to consider:

• Prevent mod stacking. So only one mod can apply a buff to a stat. Corrupt mods would keep giving a big boost with a negative, dual stat mods can save a slot, Primed versions should no longer power creep being unable to stack.
  • Then new mods can be crafted and added to Warframe to fill in on where stacking previously filled and some mods like the single Status mods can see changes to values and how they calculate. Additions would include standalone versions of the combined Elementals, so standalone, Blast, Viral, Radiation and so on.
  • With such changes individual mods would now be responsible for how far stats can go, and ideally should be easier for the devs to balance them to their vision.
  • Enemies can also see adjustments against such a framework, I know I'd love to see some changes and tweaks to the Factions.
  • Enemy Leveling would then be the next factor to adjust.

Well, do you really think Warframe is designed to be challenging ... ?

That's the same kind of game as a lot of hack'n'slashes, basically you rape everything with some content which has some difficulty, but the point of this game is to be a giant powercreep.

That's personnally how I like it. Nerf all the spells/weapons/add CDs/add 300 billion HP enemies/whatever and it will become boring as hell as this game was NOT designed for that. The complete game would have to change for all these changes to be implemented, and it won't be the same ever. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'd rather the other enemies be overall stronger than us. In their DPS, that is. Nerf the nullifier but make every other enemy give more damage. Then when the EHP fix comes as well, we'll be all equally deadly to each other.

Edit: We hardly ever die from normal enemies until they're like levels 40 and above, or, they're a boss. Then, the community will either say that the boss is too annoying to fight because of his/her x/y weapon, and it'll probably be nerfed. Invulnerability and making the players have to shoot a certain weak spot/go through a certain procedure is the only way we might stop complaining. Lt. Lech Kril. Big no-no to bosses that could actually kill you fast.

Edited by LunarEdge7

On 8/26/2016 at 4:59 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

TL;DR The real issue isn't the nullies, but the Tenno Power creep they were added to rein in.

Power creep is inevitable.

New more powerful enemies are added.

New warframes, weapons, abilities, and mods have to be added to counter.

Rinse.  Repeat.

There is no way around it.

45 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Power creep is inevitable.

Rinse.  Repeat.

There is no way around it.

I enjoy this cycle and do not see what some others have against it. It's all very common in 3rd person action games. The only real difference is that Warframe being a constantly updated online multiplayer game is that the end (most powerful enemies/weapons) just keeps getting pushed back as opposed to hitting the 20-40 hour mark with the standard 3rd person action games best equipment and having to buy a new game. To me that's part of what makes Warframe great.

Edited by blackheartstar_pc