Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Spectres of the Rails Orokin Cell Farming

Noxun24

Question

I have come here in hope of coming to an agreement alongside the community on a very controversial problem as of late. Such problem revolves around the Farming of Orokin Cells and what the best place to do so might be. Some are starting to wonder if the drop rate has been changed since there doesn't seem to be possible to find a node other than Assassination missions to farm this resource. Be sure to leave information in order to help me and other players in such matter.

latest?cb=20130426082748

Edited by Durionz

Seeing one drop is very rare for me, getting 10 cells for a prime weapon can take months ( i am playing about daily , and i get quite some hours during a week)

Even going to mission were other say they drop just does not drop them ( or maybe one)

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE said:

I did a draco survival with my smeeta  kavat and got over 50 o-cells. They drop like candy for me.....

Yes and that used to be the case for PC, but with update 19 along with the Starchart 3.0 some nodes were changed and Draco is now a Survival mission and no longer viable for farming Cells or leveling. I don't know how it will go down for consoles but you could expectativa the same changes, just my guess.

1 minute ago, Durionz said:

Yes and that used to be the case for PC, but with update 19 along with the Starchart 3.0 some nodes were changed and Draco is now a Survival mission and no longer viable for farming Cells or leveling. I don't know how it will go down for consoles but you could expectativa the same changes, just my guess.

Exactly how is it no longer viable? I see them drop there when I go there to get Circuits.

1 minute ago, Mister_Jeffa said:

Seeing one drop is very rare for me, getting 10 cells for a prime weapon can take months ( i am playing about daily , and i get quite some hours during a week)

Even going to miasion were other say they drop just does not drop them ( or maybe one)

Exactly. If nobody comes up with a helpful reply with a viable farming spot, it might something we will need to take to the DE in the next Devstream.

1 minute ago, Durionz said:

He specified that he ran with a Smeeta Kavat, and he suggested probably the best mission type for farming cells.

I also suggest getting a Smeeta - there is no better companion when it comes to farming rare resources. It's worth the trouble of getting DNA scans in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Ceryk said:

Exactly how is it no longer viable? I see them drop there when I go there to get Circuits.

It is no longer viable because back when it was an interception type mission you were almost guaranteed one at the end of each round.

3 minutes ago, Durionz said:

He said "Draco Survivial", consoles have the new starchart too..

I usually just play on the Dark Sector survival that's on Saturn, and I usually bring as many frames that can get extra loot drops(Nekros, Hydroid, Atlas). If you only want two extra "suppliers," and if you want to play a different frame that isn't a "supplier," an EV Trinity is a good frame/build to bring along.

Edited by Zia_Avenicia

1 minute ago, GLTHX said:

He specified that he ran with a Smeeta Kavat, and he suggested probably the best mission type for farming cells.

I also suggest getting a Smeeta - there is no better companion when it comes to farming rare resources. It's worth the trouble of getting DNA scans in my opinion.

Hmph, intersting. Would care to tell me specifically what it does and if there is a specific build for it ? Much appreciated.

1 minute ago, Zia_Avenicia said:

I usually just play on the Dark Sector survival that's on Saturn, and I usually bring as many frames that can get extra loot drops(Nekros, Hydroid, Atlas). If you only want two extra "suppliers," an EV Trinity is a good frame/build to bring along.

Might be worth testing. I'm hoping we can all come to a very efficient method. Like it was already mentioned if we mix the Smeeta Kavat with your tip we may try to come up with a solid technique.

5 minutes ago, Durionz said:

Exactly. If nobody comes up with a helpful reply with a viable farming spot, it might something we will need to take to the DE in the next Devstream.

He just stated a viable farming spot.

What exactly constitutes a viable farming spot for you? For me, it can be an ODD, what's yours? And really, it's not like you need all those o-cells, got a couple hundred in my liset I'm never going to use.

Draco (any survival, really, in a planet that has this resource) is very viable to farm it. Not the game's fault you don't know how to farm (run with a Nekros and bust every container in all the rooms). In other words, no, I won't be signing your petition.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)roysax said:

He said "Draco Survivial", consoles have the new starchart too..

But as I mentioned PC still has a diferent build. Players are finding it very difficult to farm these Cells therefore some suspecting there were changes to the drop rates.

4 minutes ago, Durionz said:

Hmph, intersting. Would care to tell me specifically what it does and if there is a specific build for it ? Much appreciated.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Charm

No specific build necessary. Just rank up the mod, slap it on your Smeeta, enter a mission that has a rare resource you want, and let the RNG take care of the rest.

1 minute ago, Lyravain said:

He just stated a viable farming spot.

What exactly constitutes a viable farming spot for you? For me, it can be an ODD, what's yours? And really, it's not like you need all those o-cells, got a couple hundred in my liset I'm never going to use.

Draco (any survival, really, in a planet that has this resource) is very viable to farm it. Not the game's fault you don't know how to farm (run with a Nekros and bust every container in all the rooms). In other words, no, I won't be signing your petition.

I appreciated your reply. A viable farming spot for me is having a consistent spot rather than some people who get RNG on their side. I know players who ran Hellene and got 15 in 10 minutes and i ran it myself for 30 and got 1. Also, i stated an option, this isn't a petition of any sort.

Thank you to everyone who replied. If you are reading after this point it is almost certain you found some options to look into for Farming Orokin Cells. Thank you once again and i hope you have fun. May RNG be with you, always.

The thing is with rare respurces is that some drop like always and some about never.

I have thousand (its getting into the insane amounts for a rare resource) of control modules and a lot of gallium but neurodes(ome salad farm works) , argon crystals and orokin cell are a problem because the drop rate is so low

i detect a newbie, nothing wrong with that, but presenting as a community crisis is a stretch.  after sotr went live and since, i still use draco and seimeni for orokin cells. its not super fast. its not supposed to be. if you want a magic loot fairy contact lord visa and buy them from the market with his aid.

getting a handful pre kavat was normal for a non pilferoid descration farm.

with the charm smeeta potentially doubling some pickups, and potentially magically spawning some of them from thin air with space cat magics its a bit better, though a lot more important to farm where its easy to pick up everything(no auto vacuum with a kavat), and a proper farm group with four can do even better. the magic from thin air rare resource drops are personal only, but apparently the resource pickup doubling procs can stack. add in a chance at triple drops and the ability to only pickup loot when a proc happens instead of as it falls with a carrier and it can be profitable.

as usual organization beats blind flailing.

also i understand megathread tags are reserved for moderators. 

Edited by steelblueskies
less hostile seeming rewording

3 minutes ago, Durionz said:

Might be worth testing. I'm hoping we can all come to a very efficient method. Like it was already mentioned if we mix the Smeeta Kavat with your tip we may try to come up with a solid technique.

Anything that doesn't involve a Smeeta kavat is horribly inefficient. And when you have a Smeeta, everything else doesn't matter anymore. You can do literally any mission on Ceres or Saturn and take home 20 Orokin Cells if you are lucky. And even though it's RNG, it's still a lot more consistent than farming for single drops off bosses.

Unless they nerf Smeeta Kavats, I will never have to farm for any rare resource ever again. I pick up more Neurodes, Neural Sensors and Orokin Cells than I could ever use, just by doing random missions on the star chart. Except Argon Crystals of course. I needed two the other day, so I ran a Void mission. Got 18.

I guess the biggest thing here is people just do not know how to read. I told him/her exactly where I go and what I bring with me. I have screens from right now doing a 10 minute SURVIVAL ON DRACO with a SMEETA KAVAT and my daily log in 3 hour resource booster

.28988268270_0992e02536_z.jpg8-27-2016_7-14-04_PM by NVSeight, on Flickr

29276614865_549ea2cf45_z.jpg8-27-2016_7-13-55_PM by NVSeight, on Flickr

Edited by (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE

16 minutes ago, steelblueskies said:

i detect a newbie, nothing wrong with that, but presenting as a community crisis is a stretch.  after sotr went live and since, i still use draco and seimeni for orokin cells. its not super fast. its not supposed to be. if you want a magic loot fairy contact lord visa and buy them from the market with his aid.

getting a handful pre kavat was normal for a non pilferoid descration farm.

with the charm smeeta potentially doubling some pickups, and potentially magically spawning some of them from thin air with space cat magics its a bit better, though a lot more important to farm where its easy to pick up everything(no auto vacuum with a kavat), and a proper farm group with four can do even better. the magic from thin air rare resource drops are personal only, but apparently the resource pickup doubling procs can stack. add in a chance at triple drops and the ability to only pickup loot when a proc happens instead of as it falls with a carrier and it can be profitable.

as usual organization beats blind flailing.

also i understand megathread tags are reserved for moderators. 

Hi before anything else thank you for writting such a helpful reply on this post. Second thing, since it is my first time reaching out to the community via the forums i did not know of the Megathread tag restriction, so i will be editing it. Third, I know for some this my look like a naïve post but i play the game since pretty much the game is out, so I can't compare myself to a newbie ( no harm done in saying that). Now onto the matter, I came here for help, because In-game, on every chat you can find people asking the same questiion as myself, so because nobody could directly address to me with their methods because they had none to share. So once again thank you for complementing this thread with your post, which was actually surprisingly funny. I hope you keep helping around in the forums and having fun alongside the community. :)

27 minutes ago, Shichibukai88 said:

Sell some junk, get a booster pop a hydroid or nekros or both, get a smeeta ontop if you want and run what ever long type mission that has the resource and you get alot of stuff. Pretty much everyone knows that. 

Thank you for sharing, but this thread was created because I realized that what you stated isn´t absolutely correct, witnessed in a big chunk of the community. Those weren´t given facts to everyone. But by replying you went to point of this thread and gave your contribution therefore thank you once again.