Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should War be buffed, now that the Galatine Prime is out?

KaizergidorahXi

9 hours ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

I simply think that War should be an at least equally strong weapon. It IS Stalker's weapon, after all.

Actual spoilers for second dream:

Spoiler

Sure it's the stalkers weapon, but when you beast-mode took it from him and ripped it in-half it became the Broken-War.  And you made it stronger by doing so.  Broken-War strongest 1h sword in game.

On 8/29/2016 at 3:14 AM, (XB1)Godlike13 said:

How about instead of a buff they just give War's BP a higher drop rate. 

Ironically, it dropped for me the first time I killed Stalker. The guy I was with at the time (his target) said he has to be killed by a melee weapon.

Yes Galantine Prime is better than War. Should War be buffed...maybe it wouldn't get me to use it.

Heavy weapon quick melee sucks.

I'm limited to Polearms for having enough Range to minimize triggering finishers to capitalize on Stealth Multiplier buff applied to Gas DoTs in clustered enemy groups 

As far as I am concerned Galantine Prime & War lose out to Polearms DPS for my playstyle.

Banshee's Savage Silence stun lasts 3secs then I need to move away from the enemy.

Or min duration is casting every 3secs which is still not friendly to Heavy Weapon stance combos

Naramon+ Silence still only gives me the 3sec stun window to capitalize on Stealth Multiplier boosting Gas DoTs so again too short of attack window to be effective with Heavy Weapon

Slide attack on Heavy Weapon loses out to Quick-Melee Polearms: less damage strikes(combo counter) less Gas proc instances 

Arcane Avenger with Blood Rush & Cat's eye/Charm has Polearms doing red Crits and Weeping Wounds allows easy Gast DoT stacking

From what I can tell the AoE fix/nerf doesn't seem to have stopped Gas ticks getting Headshots with Polearms Quick-Melee Thus Toxin proc are 50% doubled to 100% damage per tick as AoE(I'd use Nunchaku but the range is too low and triggerers finishers.)

On 8/29/2016 at 11:25 AM, Retepzednem said:

well at this point nothing said to you will educate you as you are completely biased  and i can only hope  not many players start getting bias  from your statements 

impact not only is effective against shields  but its proc Staggers enemies  i wouldnt call that useless

i have about 40 weapons and  guess what i dont run just the one with the highest numbers i use lots of them depending on what im doing and what the enemy is and what if stalker spawns 

heck even after maxing  formaing and potationg galatine my preferred melee is still Atterax 

I actual count stagger as negative or con.

Reason being the stagger overrides other CC effects:

If using a knockdown or fixed stun effect such as: Silence/Chaos/Naramon confuse/Tesla/Forms of Electric shock(Volt or weapons)/etc...

- Impact stagger proc will cancel the stun effect which is annoying 

Especially with an ability like Sonic Boom where a heavy unit gets knocked down and this has Sonic Boom knockdown immunity for like 3secs ...impact proc basically cancels the ragdoll knockdown and just granted the Heavy unit immunity from a follow up Sonic Boom.

-Part of the reason I moved away from Obex(Most used weapon at 27% usage over 3485 hours) towards Polearms

Didn't bother me when I was WarCry + Life Strike with Obex for like 2years

However playing with more squishy frames has definitely showcased Impact Stagger being a liability.

The way I see it:

Mechanically speaking, imo - No, it should not be buffed. It's exaclty as strong as it has ever been, which is pretty strong.

Lore wise, imo - 
Stalker has been trying to wipe us out using his Hate up until Hunhow gave him War.
He still failed to kill us.
The Galatine has long been one of the stronger weapons. So it makes sense that the Prime Galatine takes that up a level.

Galatine being almost/(arguably) as strong as War and it  was was fine.
- Until Prime came out? 

Galatine Prime being the superior version of one of our better and more iconic Tenno Weapons, then why not stronger than War?

War vs Galatine Prime is like Stalker vs a "true Tenno" *(Player Controlled Warframe character).
Stalker and War << Galatine Prime and a Tenno Warframe.

(and just for clarity I mean "<<" in the mathematical that "Stalker and War are less than GP and Tenno-Frame")

It's a lot like asking for the Sancti Tigris to get buffed because Tigirs Prime has such high damage.
Sancti didn't start doing less damage than it did before, and neither did War. 

And actually War did get a buff, in fact it's totally Broken now.  ;-)

~R~

No... Lore wise, Prime Weapons are the strongest weapons in the star map. Not the other way around. Now when it comes to actual mechanics, that rule is thrown out the window. But I have seen no where that Sentient Weapons are stronger than Primes, where as there are numerous references and notes in game that Prime technology of the Orokin era is better than all other forms of technology. The Orokin didn't lose because of the weapons they were using.

War is perfectly endgame viable.

No.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't understand why so many people think that a single weapon being objectively better than all other weapons is a good thing for a game.

Outside of like....a Ps1 game, where you get to the end and it's supposed to be all cinematic n stuff.

Yeah they're both "endgame" weapons that are extremely powerful. But...it just feels bad. How about next, a weapon that shoots a continuous laser that marks a target, to be punched by a god the next second, killing it regardless of level?

Would everything in Warframe still be fine?

I think it matters that the game is balanced. If it....isn't....it kinda kills the illusion, you know? I see the man behind the curtain now. It's all pixel glitter anyway, none of it matters, getting something out of pretty colors besides clicking on a thing's head and watching it explode is impossible. It's all random numbers with no cohesion, midas well nail a Clem to every square inch of the game so we can sit in interception and get out of it with our loot as fast as possible and watch credits rain from the sky.

I know that kinda sounds like a slippery slope argument, but it's...not. Exactly. I'm just trying to say how it would seem to me, if the game doesn't care about balance or choices in the complete game.

On August 28, 2016 at 6:24 PM, KaizergidorahXi said:

Alright, hear me out.

War is supposed to be the "end-all" of swords. An original Orokin-Era weapon, infused with the power of (Spoilers) a Sentient. The thing should cleave planets in half with one swing. Instead it is being outclassed by a simple Prime weapon. The Sentients nearly wiped out the Orokin empire, and this is one of the weapons that helped them do that. What I'm trying to say is, that I feel that War should be buffed slightly, to at least be at the same level as the Galatine Prime. Right now, with the same mods on it, Galatine vastly outranks my war, almost by 1,000 damage. And sure, you can mod War to receive crits and stuff to make it better, but it's my opinion that this powerhouse of a weapon shouldn't need 3 formas to be on level with a simple Prime weapon. I mean, look at Dread, one of the Stalker's other weapons. It outclasses every other bow, even if only slightly. And to be honest, which would be more threatening: A Tenno coming at you with a big sword, or a Tenno coming at you with a GIANT LASER SABER? But that's enough from me, what do you guys think?

Well, at first I believed as you do...but then I realized one of the greatest secrets in Warframe:. Galantine Prime is a primordial weapon that predates even the Great Sentients:

https://www.google.com/search?q=he+man's+sword&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiE8u6w5LXPAhUDNz4KHV1bCM8Q_AUICCgB&biw=320&bih=460#imgdii=PY4zrPdDj_t3mM%3A%3BJbv5yOUc4z_bUM%3A%3BJbv5yOUc4z_bUM%3A&imgrc=Jbv5yOUc4z_bUM%3A

You cannot best the Power Sword of Grayskull.

And don't worry, Dakra Prime, Nikana Prime, and Broken War will eventually bow down when the Sword of Omens is discovered...by Valkyr.

Ah, yes, the DE Staff...the power of an 80's childhood is strong with this group.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 3:24 PM, KaizergidorahXi said:

Alright, hear me out.

War is supposed to be the "end-all" of swords. An original Orokin-Era weapon, infused with the power of (Spoilers) a Sentient. The thing should cleave planets in half with one swing. Instead it is being outclassed by a simple Prime weapon. The Sentients nearly wiped out the Orokin empire, and this is one of the weapons that helped them do that. What I'm trying to say is, that I feel that War should be buffed slightly, to at least be at the same level as the Galatine Prime. Right now, with the same mods on it, Galatine vastly outranks my war, almost by 1,000 damage. And sure, you can mod War to receive crits and stuff to make it better, but it's my opinion that this powerhouse of a weapon shouldn't need 3 formas to be on level with a simple Prime weapon. I mean, look at Dread, one of the Stalker's other weapons. It outclasses every other bow, even if only slightly. And to be honest, which would be more threatening: A Tenno coming at you with a big sword, or a Tenno coming at you with a GIANT LASER SABER? But that's enough from me, what do you guys think?

War isnt an an orokin era weapon. It's literally hunhows bones.   

Edited by ObviousLee