Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Catalysts/Reactors

XxPancake_LionxX

5 minutes ago, steelblueskies said:

yeah they're called slots.

2 weapons for 12, or one frame for 20, 20 is the reactor or catalyst price btw.

you have around 300 weapons.

oh and pets take 20 for stasis slots with 7 variants at 20 per slot(-starter slot)

then theres sentinels and their weapons which share, thats a round 20 something

then theres archwings which now also cost 20 a slot, and aw weapons on their own separate pool

they DON'T give those away free at all.

Right, because they are a business and you pay nothing upfront. So instead you pay for certain things as you go. You either invest money or a lot of time in f2p games. That is the basic business model.

I know the feeling of being newer and heeding potatoes, but you dont need a bunxh at once. You should only potato stuff you like and you dont need a gigantic arsenal, u dont need to keep slots full of old weapons you leveled and no longer use.

Edited by Tesseract7777

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

Right, because they are a business and you pay nothing upfront. So instead you pay for certain things as you go. You either invest money or a lot of time in f2p games. That is the basic business model.

again you can't use a catalyst/reactor on gear you don't have  a slot for, and no amount of time by itself will get you the slots.

they 100% represent cash put into the game by a human being somewhere.

but i already have read enough from you on the forums to know i'm ending seeing/reading things from you here .

1 minute ago, steelblueskies said:

again you can't use a catalyst/reactor on gear you don't have  a slot for, and no amount of time by itself will get you the slots.

they 100% represent cash put into the game by a human being somewhere.

but i already have read enough from you on the forums to know i'm ending seeing/reading things from you here .

And there are plenty of ways to get plat through trading with whales, i said you may need to interact with economy not necessarily spend money. And in a way we actually do get free weapon slots sometimes.

30 minutes ago, steelblueskies said:

yeah they're called slots.

2 weapons for 12, or one frame for 20, 20 is the reactor or catalyst price btw.

you have around 300 weapons.

oh and pets take 20 for stasis slots with 7 variants at 20 per slot(-starter slot)

then theres sentinels and their weapons which share, thats a round 20 something

then theres archwings which now also cost 20 a slot, and aw weapons on their own separate pool

they DON'T give those away free at all.

But you can get them without investing a dime.

23 minutes ago, XxPancake_LionxX said:

Right as we are talking about how rare the Orokin Reactor/Catalyst alerts are, on instantly pops up. Wow, the irony.

not at all, as noted by multiple people in this thread reactors are miles more common with 1/3 the uses compared to catalysts. 2/6 syndicate upgrades use reactors, the rest are catalysts. weapon counts vs frames/aw/companions/sentinels. etc.

which also fits given the things that use reactors are 20p a slot, the same price as a reactor, while weapons are  2 slots per 12, 

as was also an inherent point, the biweekly devstream gifts can be reactors OR catalysts. 

Edited by steelblueskies
specificity of a detail

1 minute ago, steelblueskies said:

not at all, as noted by multiple people in this thread reactors are miles more common with 1/3 the uses compared to catalysts. 2/6 syndicate upgrades use reactors, the rest are catalysts. weapon counts vs frames/aw/companions/sentinels. etc.

which also fits given the things that use reactors are 20p a slot, the same price as a reactor, while weapons are  2 slots per 12, 

Yea, but it is EXTREMELY rare for them to just pop up in normal alerts.

18 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

I would argue theyre vital to progression in the game and thus should be readily more available without paying. Ideally, less paywalls for potential progression stoppers.

Im no expert but couldnt they just push cosmetics more?

While I agree with the notion that potential output of frame or weapon hinges on whether it is potato'd or not, you could also argue weapon and Warframe space would be essential as well. It's around 500p to buy enough space to fit every Warframe in the game. Even more for weapon space. For me that's more important for the variety of the game than any cape or color palette. But the line has to be drawn somewhere.

3 hours ago, XxPancake_LionxX said:

To clear this up, yes, I understand Orokin Reactors and Catalysts are supposed to be rare, ok? But I'm not sure if they should be this rare. As of 2016, the only ways to get these are:

• Gift of the Lotus alerts, after a devstream
  • In a Sortie
  • In a VERY RARE alert
  • In a VERY RARE invasion
  • Supporting the game by buying them on the Market

If there are any other ways, then let me know. But I have not had an Orokin Catalyst for around a months now? I don't know if I very much agree with how rare they are. And since I have been accumulating many, MANY weapons ever since I got MR 9, I would like to have more Catalysts in my inventory. Anyways, thanks for reading this post. If you agree, please leave a comment and/or a like. Thanks!

they always have been, just trade and buy, its only 20p