Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Catalysts/Reactors

XxPancake_LionxX

To clear this up, yes, I understand Orokin Reactors and Catalysts are supposed to be rare, ok? But I'm not sure if they should be this rare. As of 2016, the only ways to get these are:

• Gift of the Lotus alerts, after a devstream
  • In a Sortie
  • In a VERY RARE alert
  • In a VERY RARE invasion
  • Supporting the game by buying them on the Market

If there are any other ways, then let me know. But I have not had an Orokin Catalyst for around a months now? I don't know if I very much agree with how rare they are. And since I have been accumulating many, MANY weapons ever since I got MR 9, I would like to have more Catalysts in my inventory. Anyways, thanks for reading this post. If you agree, please leave a comment and/or a like. Thanks!

Edited by XxPancake_LionxX

They are both painfully rare.  I've only done Gift of the Lotus missions a couple of times because they come so late at night for me.  I wish Reactors/Catalysts could be a bit easier to obtain.  I also admit, I can't for the life of me play a Sortie by myself, and I have a difficult time finding squad members.

Edited by (XB1)GeckoGenesis

Hmph, I never realised how hard it was to actually get them. If your info is correct, then I agree that there are not enough ways to get them. 

Though I don't have much of an idea on how to fix this, maybe replace some of the formas in those rewards tables with a potato? Make the alerts appear more often, maybe every 12 hours?

They also come up as Invasion rewards but, like Alerts, they are rare.

Just now, (XB1)GeckoGenesis said:

I've only done Gift of the Lotus a couple of times because it comes so late at night for me.

'Gift of the Lotus' Alerts are up for 24 hours.  I'd have thought most people could find time to run them at some point in that large a window.

4 minutes ago, Katinka said:

They also come up as Invasion rewards but, like Alerts, they are rare.

'Gift of the Lotus' Alerts are up for 24 hours.  I'd have thought most people could find time to run them at some point in that large a window.

I think they're on for half that time.  I usually play on Saturday mornings, but the missions expire before I can get to them. 

Edit:

Checked the wiki.  They are not always around for 24 hours.  They generally range from 12-24, and lately, they've been lasting on the lower end of the timeframe. 

Edited by (XB1)GeckoGenesis

You can also get them from Invasions from time to time. I dont think that they are to rare. You simply need to pick weapons you realy want to use. If you start puting them on stuff because you can do it you will get problems sooner or later.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

After awhile the reactors start piling up. Got 10 in reserve and nothing to use'm on. I wish more catalysts would show.

Yeah, reactors are less of a problem.

Catalysts are needed way more often.

they're guaranteed after every devstream

..which happens every 2 weeks

or 2 every month

or 24 every year

and I'm pretty certain there is more than 24 guns and more than 24 warframes in the game. It really does suck if you are new to the game. The one option out though, is through plat trading, which is quite tricky given the syndicate daily mission nerf and also vault running become much harder since you need clan tech and void traces to assemble dragon keys. Of course Void running has become a lot more easier, but void running has always been a bit of a gamble when it comes to progression, due to the large variance in value across primed loot.

Personally, I wish they would just add some low level quests across the star chart, that award reactors/catalysts for completion. Something small, to introduce the player to the boss, maybe reveal some of the story behind them and have them also do some random mission nodes on various tilesets. Nothing gamechanging or new mechanics, just a bunch of very simple quests like Once Awake is.

Reactors are rare, certainly, but players don't need very many of them. Catalysts, on the other hand, are needed in much greater numbers, and yet for some reason seem to be more rare than reactors. If nothing else, I'd like to see a few more catalyst alerts, or some other way to potentially get some (maybe relics?).

Trade for plat and buy your slots and catalyst. I wouldn't buy reactors because you'll soon have more than you'll ever need.

There are guaranteed non RNG ways to make plat.

1. Selling simaris mods energy/health conversion for 35-50p

2. Selling syndicate weapons and mods from 10-25p

3. While Baro stock is somewhat is random, buying his prime or rare mods can get you up to 100p. You may even be able to sell a maxed prime mod for 200p or more.

Other than that, you can get lucky and sell prime parts and sets.

39 minutes ago, (XB1)GeckoGenesis said:

Checked the wiki.  They are not always around for 24 hours.  They generally range from 12-24, and lately, they've been lasting on the lower end of the timeframe.

According to the official Twitter alert tracker for Xbox, @WFAlertsXbox, the past three Gift From The Lotus alerts have all been 1440 minutes (or 24 hours).  The post-devstream Gifts always have been as far as I remember.  The 12 hour ones have been for other occasions such as as an apology for a bugged alert (wrong helmet blueprint awarded for example) or for other special events, but not after devstreams.

Edited by Katinka
Fixing links in spoiler.

I have a surplus of half a dozen or so reactors after using them on all of my frames (even ones that I eventually threw away) and pretty much every companion I bothered to put effort into, and I've only been playing since 17.0.

To put that into perspective, that's Saryn, Nyx Prime, Mag, Mag Prime, Valkyr (twice), Mesa, Chroma, Inaros, Mirage, Atlas, Titania, Equinox, Ivara, a Diriga, a Huras Kubrow, a Sahasa Kubrow, and enough leftover after that that it doesn't matter whether I like the next couple frames or companions I acquire.

Outside of Event/Reward weapons, I have one or two good weapons in each slot for each IPS type, and a couple weapons that are either elemental or have balanced IPS. I have no surplus Catalysts whatsoever.

The acquisition rate is identical between Catalysts and Reactors, but Catalysts by their nature have a much higher rate of consumption since you need one on each weapon you plan on optimizing unless you have a ton of Forma and patience, so that's three for a loadout (four if you use a Sentinel) compared to two reactors (one for the frame and another for the companion).

Edited by Dreddeth
Typographical error.

18 minutes ago, Katinka said:

According to the official Twitter alert tracker for Xbox, @WFAlertsXbox, the past three Gift From The Lotus alerts have all been 1440 minutes (or 24 hours).  The post-devstream Gifts always have been as far as I remember.  The 12 hour ones have been for other occasions such as as an apology for a bugged alert (wrong helmet blueprint awarded for example) or for other special events, but not after devstreams.

Sorry!  Ha ha.  I thought the Gift of the Lotus happened every week.  Now that I know it happens every two weeks... CATALYSTS/REACTORS ARE WAY TOO HARD TO COME UPON!!!!! 

Catalysts I'd agree would be nice to see more of as there are many weapons in the game and it'd be nice to be able to power up a few more of the aesthetically-pleasing-if-not-top-damage-dealing weapons.  When it comes to Reactors though, even at one per month, you'll get them faster than we get new frames so, although tough early on, you will catch up.

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

There is no subscription cost, the game needs steady revenue somehow. If you want to bypass the wait walls in a f2p game, you will have to contribute to its economy in some form. 

Oh yea, I forget that when you buy things sometimes, it supports the game. In that case, this post is less urgent.

2 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

There is no subscription cost, the game needs steady revenue somehow. If you want to bypass the wait walls in a f2p game, you will have to contribute to its economy in some form. 

yeah they're called slots.

2 weapons for 12, or one frame for 20, 20 is the reactor or catalyst price btw.

you have around 300 weapons.

oh and pets take 20 for stasis slots with 7 variants at 20 per slot(-starter slot)

then theres sentinels and their weapons which share, thats a round 20 something

then theres archwings which now also cost 20 a slot, and aw weapons on their own separate pool

they DON'T give those away free at all.