Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania's 4th: Shotgun, Rifle, or Bow?

(PSN)KikoEschobar

Question

Yo fellow tenno.

This is specifically aimed at PC tenno who've played Titania. I know everyone loves team cohesion (CC.......CC all the things!!!!!) and whatnot, but I'm a damage guy. When she finally hits consoles, I'm going for damage as my A build, and as such, I was wondering something about her Dex Pixia. Which of the classic primary classifications can give you the best damage output? Thanks in advance BTW. 

The thing to note is that it doesn't use any of the Syndicate mods, or any of the Acolyte "Edge Lords of the Galaxy" mods for Primaries. (Argon Scope ect) So if you're going for a dedicated build avoid those

Edited by Lord_Jaxom3

6 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

all, all primary mods work for her ult (they also effect the melee)

and if you want raw damage its shotgun and if you want crit chance and stuff like that its rifle

Not sure what this guy is smoking, but you want Rifle mods for maximum dmg output.

You know, I didn't even think about using shotguns to increase her damage output.  I'm mostly a bow Ivara guy.  So shotguns were not the best tools for Artemis Bow.  Titania's 4th is a whole different thing that I'm still playing around with.  Like OP is planning to do, I also go with the damage build.  

13 minutes ago, (PS4)KikoEschobar said:

Which of the classic primary classifications can give you the best damage output?

Your best bet is to read up on the abilities page on wiki and keep an eye on youtubers for reviews and builds.  Not all mods work (see wiki) and weapon stats do not matter, just the mods (again see wiki).  Beyond that I don't think it matters, if you want crit for example, it is the mod only stats you need to look at.

For example, a dread gets huge total crit chance with all appropriate mods but the same mods on any other gun will offer the exact same crit chance to her fourth ability.

Same goes for melee mods for her 4th's melee weapon.

Just for clarity's sake, this is what I derived from wiki, if any of this is inaccurate, well blame them.

Edited by Xekrin

Ty guys. I really appreciate the help. I've read up on the specifics regarding her ults true statistics.

Base Damage:85.0

Base Crit Chance: 10%

Base Crit Damage: 2.0

Base Status: 25%

For the twin rifle...... shotgun.....gun things (not big on her melee and I have no clue why) I'm gonna go status fire rate. It'll decrease DPS by a little, but it's a nice change of pace from my Vaykor Hek campaign. 

Bow and rifle are essentially the same thing, so I will omit bow comparisons from this post.

When it comes to damage bonuses, both rifle and shotgun have roughly the same. Rifles gain a 330% damage bonus from Heavy Caliber and Serration, while shotguns gain a 315% damage bonus from Blaze, Vicious Spread, and Primed Point Blank (not including the bonus heat damage from Blaze). I'm not completely sure if the +Spread from Vicious Spread and -Accuracy from Heavy Caliber will work the same.

When it comes to fire rate bonuses, shotgun has an advantage over rifle. Rifle has a possible 180% bonus with all mods while shotgun has a potential 240% bonus.

When it comes to punch-through, both categories are equal.

When it comes to recoil reduction, rifle has a massive advantage due to shotgun lacking mods to do so.

When it comes to multishot, shotgun has the advantage at 120% to rifle's 90%.

When it comes to critical statistics, rifles have an advantage at 198% critical chance to shotgun's 138% while also having 180% critical multiplier versus shotgun's 110%.

Finally, when it comes to status statistics, rifle's pull slightly ahead with 295% status chance versus shotgun's 270% while also having 100% status duration versus shotgun's 30%.

I've been told that Dex Pixia lacks decent base critical chance, so rifle's advantages are somewhat thwarted.

Both categories are still close enough for it to boil down to preference. I'd say choose shotgun if you prefer more multishot and fire rate while choosing rifle if you prefer less recoil, more crits, and more statuses.

Edited by Nitresco

15 minutes ago, taiiat said:

you'll basically be relying on Weakpoint Crits from Rifle Mods to carry this Weapon.

You sure? Of all the info I've seen about her ULT's firepower, her crits seem to weak too be an effective modding strategy without a Kavat I think (I blame RNG and stupid DNA extracts for my failures....like a real man!). Then again, 10% isn't all that bad for rifles with the Crit mods they have :D.

Edited by (PS4)KikoEschobar

8 minutes ago, Nitresco said:

Bow and rifle are essentially the same thing, so I will omit bow comparisons from this post.

When it comes to damage bonuses, both rifle and shotgun have roughly the same. Rifles gain a 330% damage bonus from Heavy Caliber and Serration, while shotguns gain a 315% damage bonus from Blaze, Vicious Spread, and Primed Point Blank (not including the bonus heat damage from Blaze). I'm not completely sure if the +Spread from Vicious Spread and -Accuracy from Heavy Caliber will work the same.

When it comes to fire rate bonuses, shotgun has an advantage over rifle. Rifle has a possible 180% bonus with all mods while shotgun has a potential 240% bonus.

When it comes to punch-through, both categories are equal.

When it comes to recoil reduction, rifle has a massive advantage due to shotgun lacking mods to do so.

When it comes to multishot, shotgun has the advantage at 120% to rifle's 90%.

When it comes to critical statistics, rifles have an advantage at 198% critical chance to shotgun's 138% while also having 180% critical multiplier versus shotgun's 110%.

Finally, when it comes to status statistics, rifle's pull slightly ahead with 295% status chance versus shotgun's 270% while also having 100% status duration versus shotgun's 30%.

I've been told that Dex Pixia lacks decent base critical chance, so rifle's advantages are somewhat thwarted.

Both categories are still close enough for it to boil down to preference. I'd say choose shotgun if you prefer more multishot and fire rate while choosing rifle if you prefer less recoil, more crits, and more statuses.

So thorough...... much wow! Nicely calculated. Status seems to be the weapons strong point. And since I level in Spy missions, I got all the dual stat mods to make them shine there. My only questions are, considering they have infinite ammo, would an ammo amplification mod (ammo drum or shotgun version) increase sustained DPS? I'm probably off base with that assumption...just curious. Or is the regen of ammo to quick to notice something so minor?

8 minutes ago, (PS4)KikoEschobar said:

would an ammo amplification mod (ammo drum or shotgun version) increase sustained DPS? I'm probably off base with that assumption...just curious.

Dex Pixia has a decent enough recharge speed and the weapons are similar enough in this category for it to not matter.

Edited by Nitresco

18 minutes ago, (PS4)KikoEschobar said:

her crits seem to weak too be an effective modding strategy

10%/2.0 is a Crit Weapon so long as it can hit the side of a barn and has a reasonable Rate of Fire - both of which the Weapon has.
and you'll almost assuredly want Stabilizer to not miss as much.

5 minutes ago, taiiat said:

10%/2.0 is a Crit Weapon so long as it can hit the side of a barn and has a reasonable Rate of Fire - both of which the Weapon has.
and you'll almost assuredly want Stabilizer to not miss as much.

Gotcha. Haven't used Stabilizer in forever. Is the recoil that persistent/prevalent?

Personally I run Rifles on my Titania Ult-focused build: Stabilizer works wonders when you have a high RoF, Heavy Cal build and want to hit anything reliably beyond 20 meters (kick is comparable to AW Dual Decurion). Rifle Amp also gives more damage boost than Shotgun amp (if you chose to go that route), and pairing those rifle mods with a Quanta/Vandal leaves the weapon itself useful for when you're outside pixie mode.

Edited by MuscleVictor

3 hours ago, Kenshin98 said:

well, shotgun has more dmg (primed dmg mod and blaze), more multi shot, more elemental (since blaze). but the primary has better crit chance....but the dex pixia doesn't have the best crit chance (iirc, only 10%?) so I'd say go for shotgun 

wellp the crit damage is pretty high (normal hits about 6k and when i got crits it blasted into 60k

and this was in lvl 100 sortie of grineer

with typical bow crit build

32 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

wellp the crit damage is pretty high (normal hits about 6k and when i got crits it blasted into 60k

and this was in lvl 100 sortie of grineer

with typical bow crit build

Well, shotguns have a primed crit dmg mod so that's one more reason to use them 

2 minutes ago, Ankoku_no_Hime said:

I have yet to figure out a good build that would work for both in and out of her 4 :/

i kinda went for max efficency, primed contunuity, intensify, strech and the agility drift, the faster cast speed, vitality and rejuvination

works fine on prettymuch anytin and flow ofc. could be primed tho :v

Edited by Hemmo67