Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kick Button

Simonoto

I have one question are we ever going to see a kick button on warframe becasue me and my friends are geting some players that sit in a corner and do nothing until the end of the survival are defense? Just asking this becasue just curiosity ty for any info that you can give :)

13 minutes ago, Simonoto said:

I have one question are we ever going to see a kick button on warframe becasue me and my friends are geting some players that sit in a corner and do nothing until the end of the survival are defense? Just asking this becasue just curiosity ty for any info that you can give :)

No, we won't

I'd settle for being able to start bosses once most of the group has turned up, so the selfish a-holes who have some pointless compulsion to kill every enemy and open every locker between the start and the boss, don't get to see the real action, because they don't deserve to.

Edited by polarity

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Sadly a kick button would get abused. I've seen it happen on every game that has it.

It doesn't mean that it can't get implemented. Every feature has its advantages as disadvantages. Just because some people like to abuse said feature, doesn't mean we can't get it.

Sadly we wont, people think it will abused. I would love one or a vote kick, but the fears and tinfoil hats are plentiful. Make sure you don't skip leg day and have big shoulders, you have got alot of  carrying to do. Remember people have lives and had to answer the door. They can't be bothered  playing a game.

Edited by ravend

There will be no such button, it will be abused and that cannot be prevented without making it useless. When you play a game with strangers, you never know who you'll end up with, you take a risk that you'll not get someone helpful. Only thing you can really do is ignore them and not play with them again if it can be helped.

Or you can be proactive about it, make friends who you'll want to play with and who will want to play with you. Then you'll never need to worry about random folks AFKing on you.

The best way to deal with this kind of a problem is to be proactive and take charge of it yourself, don't wait for someone else to solve your problems for you.

Yeah something like a kick voting system would be nice but i also see why people think it will be abuse Ideas about a kick button are a big controversy of if it would be good i just think they need some other way then just reporting the person and hope that helps with the game but they need something else we can do to get the people that are toxic players like siting in game doing nothing with a group that acwally trying.  

I would love to see a system whereby if a player is inactive for a long period they get booted. 

I've seen players that stay at the start or in the exact same spot while doing say a defence mission while soaking up all the affinity etc that everyone else is generating while not being attacked themselves....  it gets annoying.

well in some way i wish for one .. its annoying if i am with a friend then we get a random and they don't leave at the next mission NOR they speak...

on the other hand there will be people kicking every player out of the team who is not MR22...lol

25 minutes ago, JRMC said:

It doesn't mean that it can't get implemented. Every feature has its advantages as disadvantages. Just because some people like to abuse said feature, doesn't mean we can't get it.

Um actually it does mean that. If a feature can be abused in any way by anyone, it's not happening. 

î dont really get the whole problem, what does it even matter?

i've been getting these complains alot lately.

usually i'm runnîng akkad with a friend. he's mr8 while i'm at mr17 right now, so i'm helping him lvl up his gear.

so he just comes with frame and weapons to lvl and afk's. i bring something to farm focus or just something i feel like.

now alot of the time people will start trashtalking him cuz he afks, not doing anything. regardless of frame or weapon equipped.

meanwhile i'm doing between 50-80% of the grps dmg output. and i could do 100% of it w/o a problem.

so i'm not just getting enough kills to compensate for my friend, usually i'm doing enough to even compensate for the other 2 players.

not sure if people just dont know how the affinity system works or something.

he gets the best possible xp by killing nothing, i get most focus. win-win. yet complains all the time.

ps: obviously this only goes for lvling spots, people afking in a mission like sortie is no-go

Edited by Cash4Cookies

8 minutes ago, Thetantanman said:

This is Naming and Shaming m8, It's against the forum rules.

Well as you see first time doing a post and sorry if thats true. But yeah just warning people of a bad player but if it gets a strik on my account then i get one.

2 minutes ago, Cash4Cookies said:

î dont really get the whole problem, what does it even matter?

i've been getting these complains alot lately.

usually i'm runnîng akkad with a friend. he's mr8 while i'm at mr17 right now, so i'm helping him lvl up his gear.

so he just comes with frame and weapons to lvl and afk's. i bring something to farm focus or just something i feel like.

now alot of the time people will start trashtalking him cuz he afks, not doing anything. regardless of frame or weapon equipped.

meanwhile i'm doing between 50-80% of the grps dmg output. and i could do 100% of it w/o a problem.

so i'm not just getting enough kills to compensate for my friend, usually i'm doing enough to even compensate for the other 2 players.

not sure if people just dont know how the affinity system works or something.

he gets the best possible xp by killing nothing, i get most focus. win-win. yet complains all the time.

well if your helping the person and dont mind helping him that cool but its when people join that you dont know that sit afk and say one sentence and sit in a nitan survival alert and just hold one spot and not fire not use abilities and just sit with there hands on there laps. But i give you guys props for helping people lvl i get that trust me.

1 hour ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

Um actually it does mean that. If a feature can be abused in any way by anyone, it's not happening. 

But it already happened in virtually any multiplayer/co-op game. I don't see your point, really.

Edited by JRMC

Just now, JRMC said:

But it already happened in virtually any multiplayer/co-op game. I don't see your point, really.

Precisely. DE have seen it happen and they don't want the fallout in their game. That's the point.

I don't get why you sound like you don't care whether it's abused or not, you just want a kick button.

1 hour ago, KinetosImpetus said:

I'd prefer a setting to automatically kick randomly matched players on leaving a mission. No manual kick mid mission. Then you could invite a friend, go public, and not have to leave the group and reinvite your friend after every mission. 

This I would like.

1 minute ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

Precisely. DE have seen it happen and they don't want the fallout in their game. That's the point.

I don't get why you sound like you don't care whether it's abused or not, you just want a kick button.

I never said I wanted such a feature. I only stated that every feature usually has its benefits and disadvantages. And you are assuming, yet again, that I don't care. That's not true, but my opinion on said feature is overshadowed by my initial statement.

Players do and will abuse, even exploit, many of the game's features. This wouldn't be the first and certainly not the last. Although my solution is to simply leave the match that I am in. I have done it countless times but a feature like this would certainly allow me to enjoy a match without having to worry about an obnoxious, rude or harmful player.

1 minute ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

Because sitting around letting people leech is cool too. People are abusing the lack of something as well. The only way is wipe and reload is the only option and that is time consuming. I don't want someone doing nothing in my squad, that's why I would use it.