The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two reasons why no one plays conclave...

MrReapier

1 hour ago, (XB1)A Nekros Prime said:

Just wondering but the augment mods in conclave,do they only work in conclave because I want the Atlas and Ivara mods

Some work outside of conclave, the only one I bothered with was the Frost one called Ice Wave Impadence. It's a VERY fun mod if you give frost max range and as much duration as it makes ice wave leave behind a trail of frozen ground that someone can walk across and get slowed down by. There are a few others that also work in PVE but that's the one I found to be worthwhile. 

5 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

It's the same warframe, different mods. The mobility is actually lower than on PvE, the difference is that in Conclave you need to use parkour to be effective in combat while in PvE you are never encouraged to do so, if anything, PvE combat should encourage the tactical use of parkour and high mobility.

actually because of balancing reasons, a lot of warframe powers are changed in functionality/stats.

It's not the same powers you're used to.

Also at the higher levels, proper mobility is extremely important to surviving threats. even at the ceres level of combat, you need to know how to parkour your way towards a Rampart or otherwise die.

I hate PvP. iv been doing it only for the skins and some of the mods. once I get the things I want I will never do it again. I dont think it should be removed per say, as some people do enjoy it... but Id realy like for ALL the mods to be usabule outside of it.

Rathom however is awesome.

although it is alwas fun to see someone rage quit when you kill them too often, tell you to eat a bag of $&*^s over privet message, and then block you lol. 

Edited by Fluff-E-Kitty

44 minutes ago, Fluff-E-Kitty said:

I hate PvP. iv been doing it only for the skins and some of the mods. once I get the things I want I will never do it again. I dont think it should be removed per say, as some people do enjoy it... but Id realy like for ALL the mods to be usabule outside of it.

Rathom however is awesome.

although it is alwas fun to see someone rage quit when you kill them too often, tell you to eat a bag of $&*^s over privet message, and then block you lol. 

I'd like that too for some of the PVP mods. Explosive Demise is one i could have a lot of fun with.

It's simple. PvP in a PvE game doesn't work. It's either horrible or full of hackers. Or both. (Lookin' at you, Warface)

I mean, WHAT is conclave? I fancy waste of time? A virtual contest who has the biggest nuts based on K/D?

And what do you get for grinding for days in conclave? Some skins that look like they've been made in Paint? Or "awesome" mods that are ONLY available in PvP?

37 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

It's simple. PvP in a PvE game doesn't work. It's either horrible or full of hackers. Or both. (Lookin' at you, Warface)

I mean, WHAT is conclave? I fancy waste of time? A virtual contest who has the biggest nuts based on K/D?

And what do you get for grinding for days in conclave? Some skins that look like they've been made in Paint? Or "awesome" mods that are ONLY available in PvP?

Amen

When I first started playing in "recruit" mode I was actually having fun, winning a couple games etc. It wasn't until I got into the higher levels that the Conclave became almost in tolerable.

Things I don't like...

For some reason matchmaking puts the high ranked players on one team, then the new players on the other. For instance it will be a 22, 15  vs a 7, 4,.  Instead of splitting it up say 22, 4  vs 15, 7.

High ranked players that are 22, seem to lag and are harder to kill. Sometimes I think the game purposely favors them, and makes them the host.

With lag certain melee weapons, make some players invincible. Like the Jat kitag, Ark and brunt etc.

There shouldn't be elemental weapon damage in the conclave! Sidebear with cold is a one hit wonder weapon.

So, why is this kind of topic still going?

Conclave is there because there are others who like the idea of fighting toe-to-toe not against the AI but against different players. The problem is WHY most of the PvE players of this game is so eager to remove a feature that's not even hindering their ability to play normally. Come on, Conclave is not being shoved at your throat so leave others be and don't ever play that mode if it's not even your cup of tea in the first place.

Stop acting like spoiled brats and do what you want without the intention of destroying the enjoyment of others. No wonder Conclave nowadays is getting filled with "*** you and ignore" kind of douchebags after a game.

Edited by Uzpian

7 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Consider some people play it for fun, because slaying endless waves of  brainless KIs isn't challenging/exciting enough. Maybe some already reached everything they can/want in pve and still like the game, but have nothing else than gitting gud in pvp to do.

The main problem with pvp is simple, almost everyone that joined warframe came here for a tps coop pve game, that's all we have in common. Whenever they add content like pvp, archwing, lunaro, etc, there's a possibility that some players also like that type of stuff, but it's not like everyone will immediately like it only cause it's warframe...

For example, I don't like sport games, so my interests for lunaro couldn't be lower. I was never a fan of games where you fly freely on space shooting stuff, so no archwing for me. I actively play pvp games, but not third person, and not in warframe s pace, so I'm not really interested in conclave, I would even consider giving it a chance, but with the current hosting system, no thanks. 

I haven't even tried the "new" system. I enjoyed Dark Sectors, imba as they were. Lunaro at least looks fun but I haven't bothered with that either. I primarily preferred PVP in the MMOs I've played in the past but I really don't like pvp in shooters that aren't FPS arena-ish shooters.

Edited by Racter0325

On September 3, 2016 at 9:53 AM, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

Some work outside of conclave, the only one I bothered with was the Frost one called Ice Wave Impadence. It's a VERY fun mod if you give frost max range and as much duration as it makes ice wave leave behind a trail of frozen ground that someone can walk across and get slowed down by. There are a few others that also work in PVE but that's the one I found to be worthwhile. 

What I meant was the Conclave exclusive augments like rumbled or the power of three(Atlas and Ivara augs).I know that Ice wave impedance is usable because I already have it.

29 minutes ago, (XB1)A Nekros Prime said:

What I meant was the Conclave exclusive augments like rumbled or the power of three(Atlas and Ivara augs).I know that Ice wave impedance is usable because I already have it.

Many conclave augments won't have any use in PvE. Even with your examples I can foresee issues with them in PvE:

Ivara's Power of Three: In the conclave, there's no way to increase your power range, so this mod is a way to work around that fact at the expense of paying nearly twice the energy to cast. In PvE, you're much better off just adding Stretch to your build if you want your quiver to cover more area.

Atlas's Rumbled: In conclave, 500 health is almost twice your health + shields but you lose almost all mobility in return. Your attacks are replaced with a rock throw that deals ~120 damage each and have a ground slam melee that makes you unable to move. In PvE, the 500 health is next to nothing since you can barely move so you'll end up losing all 500 health in a split second, plus the damage as a rumbler would be awful: a flat 120 damage that doesn't crit and isn't affected by mods when enemies have HP in the thousands. Plus you can't use any other abilities while in rumbler form.

If conclave only augments were usable in PvE, there would be a lot of complaints on how bad they are, and many people demanding they be buffed to be able to at least decently scale in PvE, but DE would know they can't because they were designed for conclave and buffing them would break all balance since it would carry back over to PvP.

Edited by Heckzu

34 minutes ago, (XB1)A Nekros Prime said:

Anyhow...What did we learn from this topic kiddos? We learned the the morale of the story is that Conclave is a total *@##$.QUE CREDITS

The moral of the story i learned is different. I learned that some anti-PVP players can be incredibly toxic. If they don't like PVP, then no one should be allowed to and the game mode must be removed.

Conclave isn't without its flaws, but it can still be improved. It's not everyone's cup of tea and it doesn't have to be. There is no reason to be so hostile and downright toxic in regards to it whenever a topic shows up.

DE failed to balance PVP since darksector then they wiped it clean and scrap the transition from PVE to PVP by creating new mode and the whole set of mods.

it's easy for DE to isolate the conclave from pve mods while doing so, they also isolate/divide ppl in PVE/PVP too

since 99% of player progression is in PVE there's no reason to stay in conclave for a long period of time.

"Force" ppl to play conclave by "conclave only resource" is even worse. You can look at Blade and Soul for an example of how "you need PVE to PVP but also need PVP to PVE" fails miserably.

The best model IMO is to successfully transfer PVE to PVP so player won't feel like "what I did in PVE is quite useless in PVP". Also balancing will go together all frames will  be equal at PVE too. Easiest transition would be HP multiplier / shield gating / CC resistance.

Im sitting over here thinking shall i ever see the day conclave gets its own weapons (which i think would be epic mistake)

Why ppl dont play conclave : takes forever , unbalanced , noobs get pwned, rewards are somewhat even ok i can give u that (also lunaro went trough 2 many changes so ppl lost interest in it). WF is pve game not pvp (even if pvp is good) which i think it is just takes forever to rank yourself up :)