Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

OK so Syndicate Melees are confirmed. What next?

Kurambik

So now that the syndicate melees are confirmed and on the way, I think it would be nice to generate to generate a discussion on what our six lovely friends who give us warframe augments can give us next.

Since I'm starting this I guess I'll have no choice but to go first:

I honestly think it would be very cool to have syndicate stances. To keep with the theme of the syndicate weaponry and cosmetics, It would be nice to somehow incorporate the syndicate proc but in a new way. I'm sure everyone is familiar with the conditionals that make the syandanas flare up brighter (i.e. getting damaged, scanning enemies, stealth kills, ability casts, etc.), I was thinking that if these are met a number of times while having the melee weapon equipped with the stance, the warframe gets the buff of syndicate proc as well as an increase in the proc elemental on your melee damage. In order to not make this ridiculously broken, one can add a cooldown timer after the buff wears off and maybe that condition is the thing that fills up the meter that is currently filled up by affinity.

Here's a rough idea (values are there as just an example, don't take them too seriously):

• Justice: on damaged (5000 total to health), 25% health restored, +25% base armour increase and +200% Blast damage to melee for 30 seconds. (30 second cooldown)
  • Truth: on kill (20 total kills), 25% health restored, +25% base parkour boost and +200% Gas damage to melee for 30 seconds. (30 second cooldown)
  • Entropy: on scan (10 total scans), 25% base energy restored, +25% base energy and +200% Magnetic damage to melee for 30 seconds. (30 second cooldown)
  • Sequence: on credit pick up (5000 total credit), 25% shield restored, +50% base shield and +200% Radiation damage to melee for 30 seconds. (30 second cooldown).
  • Blight: on stealth kill (5 total stealth kills), 25% base energy restored, +10% base movement speed and +200% Viral damage to melee for 30 seconds. (30 second cooldown)
  • Purity: on ability cast (25 total casts), 25%  health restored, +25% base health and +200% Corrosive damage to melee for 30 seconds. (30 second cooldown)

As for the weapons that get stances I really don't know but one possible combination could be Hammers, Heavy Blades, Dual swords, Polearms, Swords, and Rapiers (in the standard syndicate order) and the stance would not give the buff when equipped on the syndicate melees (i.e. the Sancti Magistar would keep the innate Purity effect rather than the Justice provided when you equip the Steel Meridian stance for hammers, etc.)

Hmm the syndicate armours may be an interesting idea. Having the same features of the syandanas would be nice. However for the sentinels, everyone would probably still use Carrier/prime. Anything thet gets better than Carrier seems to eventually get nerfed :(

15 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Although an interesting idea, I don't like the idea of syndicate stances because it would buff so many weapons that already are strong.

How about syndicate sentinels (never gonna happen) or armor (more likely)? Would be nice to have some armor farmable without plat or waiting for Baro.

Syndicate sentinels sounds good, as long Carrier isn't included.

More mods for more weapons, fill out the war frame mods so every warframe has 4.  That's what they should be working on.  Everything else is just fluff and not useful to most of the community.  

As someone who makes an in-game living selling syndicate stuff, here's what people actually want based on what they actually buy:  useful warframe mods for popular warframes (i.e. Chilling Globe or Firequake), warframe mods for the new hotness (i.e. Nekros mods, Fatal Teleport when it first came out), a select few weapon mods (basically just Furis, Sobek, and Hek), and syndicate weapons.  

Things they almost never buy:  archwing stuff, Oberon mods.

I would never buy cosmetic stuff with syndicate standing unless I needed a syndana for an arcane. A sentinel for each syndicate is a good idea though.  I bet I can sell a ton of exclusive sentinel blueprints 

Just now, Kuestenjung said:

There are currently how many melee weapons? The amount doesn´t matter.

Perhaps not, but you need atleast 6 of the type if you want to give the syndicates something, so the amount kind matters. And i think most people would rather have something different rather than 2 melees for each syndicate.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Syndicate armor.

Syndicate kavat and/or kubrow breeds.

Syndicate sentinels.

Syndicate color picker.  (have the syndicate icon scrolling across your skin)

Syndicate emblem (with even higher affinity-conversion rates)

Etc, etc, etc.

Pretty much, maybe syndicate ships too, who knows c:

1 hour ago, ArchTenno said:

Perhaps not, but you need atleast 6 of the type if you want to give the syndicates something, so the amount kind matters. And i think most people would rather have something different rather than 2 melees for each syndicate.

I think I misunderstood your "so", thought you meant "we have 7 so it would be unfair for 1 Sentinel". Well soon we will have 8 sentinels.

2 hours ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Would be nice to have some armor farmable without plat or waiting for Baro.

Just to play devil's advocate here, the first two stages of the Riv armor are available from the Conclave. I know that requires playing what feels like a completely different game, but they are still technically farmable.

That said, Syndicate armor is the thing I want to see as a major Syndicate release after the melee weapons. I want to see more weapon augment mods before armor, but I don't consider them to be "major". It would help complete the look along with sigils and syandanas and let someone fully immerse themselves in the idea of being a part of a syndicate rather than just running errands for them.

8 minutes ago, BlaineKodos said:

Just to play devil's advocate here, the first two stages of the Riv armor are available from the Conclave. I know that requires playing what feels like a completely different game, but they are still technically farmable.

Didn't know that, haven't played much conclave or Lunaro in a while. I don't have a problem with PVP, so it would have actually been nice to know before I bought the whole armor xD

1 hour ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Didn't know that, haven't played much conclave or Lunaro in a while. I don't have a problem with PVP, so it would have actually been nice to know before I bought the whole armor xD

The one you bought is not farmable, but the armor set has 3 tiers with t1 and t2 being farmable via PvP and t3 only being buyable.