Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why can't we colorize event wepons?

lukinu_u

4 hours ago, MadHatHacker said:

Looking at you, Quanta Vandal.

Quanta Vandal does have one skin, provided by Baro. I wouldn't say it's very attractive, though. Could just be me however, since I was never a huge fan of the whole "camo" look to begin with.

But my Snipetron Vandal... It will never have a skin. Its only hope is that a day may come when we can color our Wraiths and Vandals, or use Lanka skins on the Snipetron. As others have said, it's not like it'd lose the whole "Wraith/Vandal" value if you could color them, since:

1: It'd still keep the Vandal/Wraith skin, so you'd just be customizing the look so it doesn't clash with your other stuff. (Fashionframe is endgame!)

2: If we can apply a skin to it anyway and color that however we want, is there really a value to be lost here? I mean, if you can ditch the look entirely, then what harm is there in being able to color the default one?

3: Primes are a more lore-involved thing and yet those were updated so that we could color the gold on them however we wanted, and that was well-received. So I don't think the question here should be "why?" and instead it should be "why not?".

4: There's nothing to lose, and everything to gain. People who feel Wraiths/Vandals should look as they do by default can just keep the default look. Or if they change the colors and want the old ones back, there's always the convenient "default colors" button. Meanwhile, the ones who want to color them would finally be able to.

Honestly, I see this same suggestion made so often that I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet. There's clearly a demand. Who knows, maybe if DE did this, people might be a little more interested in spending plat on trade chat to get any wraiths/vandals they missed from Sorties. I know I myself would be a lot more interested in the Latron Wraith if it weren't for the fact that I know I'd just chuck it aside once I got the mastery out of it because the colors clash with the look of my frames.

I can understand people that say "you can put skins on theses wepons" but be forced to put a "bad" skin on an event wepon that have a good pattern is really disapoiting.
I personnaly really like the design of Wraith and Vandal wepons but it's could be perfect if we can recolor them.
Imagine all vandal wepons into gold instead pearly green/blue, or any wraith wepon with different colors but with the same shapes on the pattern.

19 hours ago, (XB1)Listed mia 510 said:

With a currency easily earned in game.

this skin is acquired using ducats and credits.

Yes, but I would like to add that a keen eye, experienced in trading, would notice that these supposedly "free" cosmetics are actually more expensive in terms of platinum.

13 hours ago, Valsako-EN- said:

Quanta Vandal does have one skin, provided by Baro. I wouldn't say it's very attractive, though. Could just be me however, since I was never a huge fan of the whole "camo" look to begin with.

But my Snipetron Vandal... It will never have a skin. Its only hope is that a day may come when we can color our Wraiths and Vandals, or use Lanka skins on the Snipetron. As others have said, it's not like it'd lose the whole "Wraith/Vandal" value if you could color them, since:

1: It'd still keep the Vandal/Wraith skin, so you'd just be customizing the look so it doesn't clash with your other stuff. (Fashionframe is endgame!)

2: If we can apply a skin to it anyway and color that however we want, is there really a value to be lost here? I mean, if you can ditch the look entirely, then what harm is there in being able to color the default one?

3: Primes are a more lore-involved thing and yet those were updated so that we could color the gold on them however we wanted, and that was well-received. So I don't think the question here should be "why?" and instead it should be "why not?".

4: There's nothing to lose, and everything to gain. People who feel Wraiths/Vandals should look as they do by default can just keep the default look. Or if they change the colors and want the old ones back, there's always the convenient "default colors" button. Meanwhile, the ones who want to color them would finally be able to.

Honestly, I see this same suggestion made so often that I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet. There's clearly a demand. Who knows, maybe if DE did this, people might be a little more interested in spending plat on trade chat to get any wraiths/vandals they missed from Sorties. I know I myself would be a lot more interested in the Latron Wraith if it weren't for the fact that I know I'd just chuck it aside once I got the mastery out of it because the colors clash with the look of my frames.

Exactly. I've been thinking about buying Strun Wraith from trade chat forever now, but every time I do I go... "better wait until I can color it".