Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why can't we colorize event wepons?

lukinu_u

When I started to play Warframe (around 3 years ago) and I had, my first prime wepon, I saw that we can't change the gold part. It was a normal thing because gold is a special and a particlarity of prime stuff. Sooner, I had my first event wepon (Twin Viper Wraith) and I saw a similar things, the wepon is not colorable because it's a special wepon but we dont really know why...

But now, many prime has received a PBR treatment and now, the gold is recolorable.
So, why events don't receive the same treatment ? I personnaly like the specials patterns on Wraith and Vandal wepons but I like to have a synergy between all my stuff and dont want to have to colors all my warframes and wepons in black/red or turquoise to fit with these wepons style.

What do you think about it ?

Edited by lukinu_u

I agree: Event weapons should be colorable, because they have a different patterns/textures/thingies than their normal variant. It would still look different, even when it has been colored. Well, except if the owner decided to colour them all the same shade of green, of course.

Also, title should be 'weapons' :)

Edited by Beggining
You know, people should start following their own topics :/

1 hour ago, Beggining said:

I agree: Event weapons should be colorable, because they have a different patterns/textures/thingies than their normal variant. It would still look different, even when it has been colored. Well, except if the owner decided to colour them all the same shade of green, of course.

You mean like me? >:)

9 minutes ago, (PS4)OneNiceSeagull said:

They're meant to be trophies and show others that you won an event. Why would you paint a trophy?

This is Warframe: with color palettes and fashionframe abound, why would you not want to paint your trophies? ;)

Edited by Beggining
Woot da woop

8 hours ago, (XB1)Listed mia 510 said:

But then it would not be Wraith Scheme...

We can recolor primes.... .. ..  .. . . . . . ......... And they're still primes, even pink and yellow

I can't understand those wraith/vandal defenders, why the F*** do you want to let them like this ? x)

(The only real reason I can find is "AHAH, I can afford a skin for this weapon, and not those poor pleb guys, AHAH, I'm so fab, don't change anything I feel awesome'' wich is laaaame)

Edited by Xgomme