Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet again melee is overpowered

(PSN)Xx-Ribbium-xX

Literally getting 1 shot by nikana primes and ack dark daggers constantly.

getting staggered while I'm airborn

doing 1-3 damage while shooting at them with a burston prime 

solution:

add stamina bar so you can only melee a certain amount of times

channeling melee drains 5 energy per second

blocking drains stamina and energy and is less effective 

remove stagger from all melee weapons apart from throwing melee 

reduce movement speed while channeling 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

NO This would SEVERELY hurt folks with blood-rush-related builds in which need to use it every 20 sec to keep your combo going. JUST NO!

I think it does already (depending on your mod build)

The stamina bar is gone and very few people miss having to "catch their breath"

Why have impact damage then? because that is the main purpose for it.

Doesn't even make sense. What does channeling have to do with movement speed (unless you have a mod installed)

^

Also, seeing as you're new here, you should know that there was a time when melee sucked, JUST SUCKED, then DE worked their magic and brought it up. (this was around........hmmm let me see.....a while after second dream. That's when the acolytes started bullying salad v and such)

I see you're console (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX. There should be an update coming your way addressing the melee power creep from previous PC updates. Only melee currently able to 1-2 shot players currently on PC is Jat Kittag, but that discussion will need its own thread. 

Melee alone is not really a problem. It's when you combine one or a few of those players with a gun shooter. Focusing your attention on the shooter allows the melee user to sneak in cheap shots that they would normally never get. It's a lot harder to aim at people when you have a pack of rabid dogs biting at your heels.

3 hours ago, CaterHowlett16 said:

Also, seeing as you're new here, you should know that there was a time when melee sucked, JUST SUCKED, then DE worked their magic and brought it up. (this was around........hmmm let me see.....a while after second dream. That's when the acolytes started bullying salad v and such)

bb4665779034abd6105340475b4a7248.png

----------------------

Regarding OP, yeah, melee needs work. It's not perfect, but it's getting better. Adding a stamina bar would come with its own host of troubles and would most likely be highly controversial regardless of result (especially since people are very glad it got removed in the first place), though, so it might be best to keep things simple for now. Making channeling cost energy per period of time isn't going to do much good either, as more experienced players would simply tap channeling before making contact (or when getting shot at), severely reducing overall energy drain.

Stagger and knockdown do need to go, however. At the very least, introducing some other effects (such as short slows, inability to bullet jump, etc.) would give the receiving players a chance to fight back instead of having control taken away entirely.

I don't have strong feelings regarding the other points.

Edited by Vyrndragon
clarity

13 hours ago, CaterHowlett16 said:

^

You do realise I'm talking about conclave right? 

14 hours ago, mantasas17x said:

idk if u noticed but meele players gotta get close to you first. IF u cant abuse that , well then sir, i got bad news for you!

Oh sorry clearly you don't pl conclave to understand this so allow me to explain how melee in pvp works

1: you could fight a person with melee up close however because the melee user can stagger you and do more damage than you its not very smart being near one because you will die in a split second.

2: you could try and kill them at long range however as soon as a melee user (or any player) takes damage they run away and since people using melee are now faster with the sword alone mod they can escape at sonic speed making it impossible to shoot at them 

3: you could use a teammate as bait however the teammate will most likely die giving the melee user a kill and depending on how glitchy the combos are you might not even kill the melee user because of how the hit boxes are during the combos making this method about 60% effective 

also blocking with melee is stupidly effective so if the combo requires you to hold the block button then they damage you do will be reduced 

Edited by (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX

Literally getting 1 shot by nikana primes and ack dark daggers constantly.

getting staggered while I'm airborn

doing 1-3 damage while shooting at them with a burston prime 

solution:

methods of fighting a melee user with a gun:

1: you could fight a person with melee up close however because the melee user can stagger you and do more damage than you its not very smart being near one because you will die in a split second.

2: you could try and kill them at long range however as soon as a melee user (or any player) takes damage they run away and since people using melee are now faster with the sword alone mod they can escape at sonic speed making it impossible to shoot at them 

3: you could use a teammate as bait however the teammate will most likely die giving the melee user a kill and depending on how glitchy the combos are you might not even kill the melee user because of how the hit boxes are during the combos making this method about 60% effective 

also blocking with melee is stupidly effective so if the combo requires you to hold the block button then they damage you do will be reduced 

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed megathread tag.

My "Prova of Justice" could use more damage output as far as melee goes. I mean I can easily 1-shot Phorid with others but it falls behind. Good for stunlocking and blocking at least.

Though if I'm about to be on the receiving end of a Galantine Prime then I'll just drop my Prova, drop my Dera, and roll off the nearest cliff.

I know everyone is tripping over themselves to be the cool guy in the room but... I don't think half of you realize this is a conclave thread...OP isn't asking for PvE melee to be nerfed, just for PVP melee to be nerfed. Although with this community, I could see why you'd make that mistake, but if this were a PVE nerf thread then there'd be a lot more people agreeing and a lot more naysayers being called "noobs" or "Ash users". 

This thread brought to you by the supportive and helpful members of Destiny Year One The Warframe Community.

Edited by (PS4)El__Lobo_Loco