Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Minimum PC Specs, how low do you go?

_Vortus_

Aside from a youtuber or twitch stream occasionally mentioning their system specs, not sure I have ever seen a discussion on specs to play.  High end specs, well, they don't matter as they can anything on higher settings.   But low end specs, those are important.   I play Warframe on different computers based on where I am at.   In my man cave,  a decent gaming PC that I relatively recently built.   I have a second desk top, now in another room, that I used for many years though, as well as a laptop we travel with.  My standards of acceptable are pretty low, and I am just happy to play most of the time.  Many would not consider the frame rates below acceptable, but it plays for me.  Curious about others low spec systems and their game play.

Lowest for me

HP Pavilion G7 - AMD A4 4300M, 8GB Ram, Win 10

Solo plays around 15-20 FPS on absolute minimum settings.   Team play have seen as low as 6 FPS, avg is in the teens.

Old Asus Desktop - AMD Athlon 2 X2 - 8GB Ram - GTX950 (was a GTX650 until it recently died, oddly the performance wasn't that much different)

Solo on slightly above minimum settings, 25-40 FPS, avg around 30 FPS.   Team play drops into the teens with Mirage or other similar spammers, otherwise about the same as solo.

I used to have a laptop with an Intel core 2 duo at 2.1ghz and AMD radeon 4330. The game ran between 0 and 50 fps. Sadly no matter what hardware you use Warframe is always unstable and glitchy. I am currently using an Intel I7 6700k and a Nvidia GTX 1080. And i still can't get solid 60 fps.  Maybe a Titan X (pascal) would get solid 60 fps.

10 minutes ago, Alex9-3-9 said:

I used to have a laptop with an Intel core 2 duo at 2.1ghz and AMD radeon 4330. The game ran between 0 and 50 fps. Sadly no matter what hardware you use Warframe is always unstable and glitchy. I am currently using an Intel I7 6700k and a Nvidia GTX 1080. And i still can't get solid 60 fps.  Maybe a Titan X (pascal) would get solid 60 fps.

AFAIK that should get you a solid 60+. The game is very well optimized, and very pretty

Just now, Cydro_ said:

AFAIK that should get you a solid 60+. The game is very well optimized, and very pretty

Yeah... about that optimization. Try a Saryn Spore build with explosive Hikou. I usually drop to about 45/50 and have some unpleasant stuttering. The only game causes it is Warframe. I can play Crysis 1 with 8k texture mod at ~70fps on 1080p without any stuttering or fps drops.

pfft.. fancy pants.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU       M 330  @ 2.13GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.1GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

No dedicated gpu/gfx card what so ever xD
Everything on off/lowest. 0-20, sometimes more, usually teens fps.

(on a raised cooling pad with a table fan on the side)

Oh, you think you know low fps?, you merely adopted low fps. I was born in it, molded by it. I haven't seen high fps in years ;P

ps: this it what I use to get the ref pics in wf so I can make tiles for Lost Sector (8bit wf). It's almost pixelart already right?

@Lactamid   That's what I am talking about.   Systems that most people would have sent to a recycler or use as a boat anchor.   Yet it plays on!

Curious thing to me, is with low frame rates, and while not as pretty as it is with the options turned on, its still relatively smooth.    I suspect those having stuttering issues with high end systems might have other issues as it runs good on my better system that has nowhere near a 6700k and 1080 in it.    

59 minutes ago, Alex9-3-9 said:

Problem on your side, i7 6700+gtx 1060-60+ fps no problem

21 hours ago, _Vortus_ said:

@Lactamid   That's what I am talking about.   Systems that most people would have sent to a recycler or use as a boat anchor.   Yet it plays on!

Curious thing to me, is with low frame rates, and while not as pretty as it is with the options turned on, its still relatively smooth.    I suspect those having stuttering issues with high end systems might have other issues as it runs good on my better system that has nowhere near a 6700k and 1080 in it.    

I have serious issues with fps and other artifacts though.
Lag, freezeframe, packetloss, hostmigrations etc.
If I'm in a game and take a screenshot there is a very high chance of me timing out and there being a hostmigration.
There are also bugs with the UI and other things that seems to happen as there are "jumps" in the codecompletion or something. Or that some code should be in another order.
As in - draw the text first, then the bgr window. While it should have been bgr windom first, text later. And when it jumps...things get broken.

I'm only running this comp since I like the game + making the Lost Sector stuff... and can't buy a new comp right now. If I hadn't played it for 4 years I'd never put up with it.
Running a game on 3 fps is painful.

Intel i5 2.3 Ghz, 64 bit windows 7 Laptop 8 Gig RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT555m  753 MHz, 1GB

Got it tweaked to give me a wopping 20-30 FPS. at 1920x1080 resolution.  Really cannot handle survivals beyond 40 minutes and tends to pass out

If i ever went to tennocon i would have liked to haul my Laptop out and play Warframe where ever I liked and watch people get all jealous

Edited by kkinnison

My current laptop is the lenovo u410.

3rd gen i7-3537U (3.1ghz), 8gb ram, geforce 610m, win7.

I usually play in borderless window and can get around 30fps.

Can't play on battery though since gpu throttles the performance to inpy around 14-15fps. Then i have to play on smallest resolution window mode. And hope i dont end up playing a laggy tileset :/ also, REALLY hard to hack grineer console since i get input lag on battery :s

Lowest I went was a very brief excursion on an i5 750/260GTX rig running Win7 32bit and 4gigs of system memory. It chugged at about 25fps at 1920x1200 on bog medium settings.

It was enough to get my extractors in and get things settled down for a five day wait for my new vid card to show up for what was my primary rig at that time.

Worth the install time to keep things moving forward, but I can't say as I'd recommend playing on such an antique.

23 hours ago, Alex9-3-9 said:

I am currently using an Intel I7 6700k and a Nvidia GTX 1080. And i still can't get solid 60 fps.  Maybe a Titan X (pascal) would get solid 60 fps.

There's something else going on here. It's not your hardware choice. My present primary rig is a i7 4790/TitanX (Kepler) and it does get a solid 60fps under almost any conditions--at 2560x1600. The box mentioned above is a 2500K/TitanX (Kepler) and it does almost as well at the same resolution.

On 9/14/2016 at 7:21 PM, _Vortus_ said:

-snip-

I used to use an old computer. Can't remember the specs exactly, but I know that the graphics card was around from the windows vista era, so pretty f**king old. It warframe at absolute min settings at around 5-20fps when the game first came out. It was fun, but I find it hard to play with a slideshow. I have always been used to a better system from playing so much on my friend's computer and my PS2. My friend can't actually play the game anymore since they upgraded the graphics of the game, he used to play at absolute min settings hovering around 10fps constantly because he has an integrated graphics card :P :P so... lowest of the low is not even having a graphics card and still playing the game you love.

Edited by Arniox

worst machine ive seen Warframe running is a laptop with mobile I3 and HD 400 integrated gpu, it can keep an average 10-20 fps on minumus settings even with team playing.

Sadly solo play doesnt look much better, Fps rates are almost the same, just slightly higher on average. Still surprisingly good.

Also said Laptop will allow a few options turned on with very few loss. Resolution doesnt change much, its hard to see any change in framerate switching from 720p to 1080

intel i7-2630QM 2ghz
geforce GT 555M (yes, it is a laptop)
8gig ram
win 7 64bit

Still, gotta play with lowest possibe settings and all background applications closed to have a chance at getting nice 30+ in solo play. Groups are lottery, if host is good game works better than in solo, if is bad... Hello darkness my old friend, abandon mission.

Edited by 5HV3N

21 minutes ago, 5HV3N said:

intel i7-2630QM 2ghz
geforce GT 555M (yes, it is a laptop)
8gig ram
win 7 64bit

Still, gotta play with lowest possibe settings and all background applications closed to have a chance at getting nice 30+ in solo play. Groups are lottery, if host is good game works better than in solo, if is bad... Hello darkness my old friend, abandon mission.

Go 4:3, you'll get a very decent boost to the FPS. I run the game on a GT 540M and it works pretty damn well. As long as Simulors aren't involved... 

If on my laptop, I see a Mirage in mission, have to bail.   They are the worst frame rate killer for me.

I have not tried them, just built a new system recently, but external video cards are a decent solution over an entire new computer.  At least according to the reviews.  The brand name versions, well, might as well just get a new system.   DIY Perks on youtube has an excellent video of making one yourself.   LIke to try one someday if I get the cash. 

I don't really remember most of the stats on the piece of junk I spent half my time playing this game with save that it has 2 gigs of ram, a video card that had no business touching this game, and the game had to be played in a tiny window with no other programs running, and it crashed frequently from the stress.