The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mags, Magnetize

Tacgnomancer

40 minutes ago, Glitch_Kitten said:

it absorbs your damage and multiplies it, blocks projectiles and does affect anemies and eventually explodes and can do millions of damage

This, if it was also comparable in pulling strength to Vortex on top of all that, yeah, that'd be balanced :P

Really though, I find that either staying far away from the bubble or right next / slightly inside it
will make most enemies not move (fast) enough to escape its grasp
(my Range is also 235%, maybe that helps a bit, heh).

Edited by NinjaZeku

26 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

It'd be cool if you aimed Pull at a Magnetize bubble it would radially pull enemies into the Magnetize Bubble. You know, synergy.

That would be nice. 

I know magnetize can do a lot of damage but you feel kind of an idiot when an enemy just walks thru the bubble and hit you which means death for mag at higher levels.

14 hours ago, Glitch_Kitten said:

well, it absorbs your damage and multiplies it, blocks projectiles and does affect anemies and eventually explodes and can do millions of damage so, it's still pretty useful

As far as I know, it was never fixed from the complete travesty we were left with when they "fixed" continuous weapons supercharging it, despite the "Mag Rework Feedback" thread pointing out the problems.

The damage absorption into DoT doesn't work properly at all. It works at 1/25th the intended rate on continuous weapons now ('fixed'!), and absolutely ignores Multishot/Pellets and Crits, making just about anything work significantly less than it should.

26 minutes ago, EDYinnit said:

As far as I know, it was never fixed from the complete travesty we were left with when they "fixed" continuous weapons supercharging it, despite the "Mag Rework Feedback" thread pointing out the problems.

The damage absorption into DoT doesn't work properly at all. It works at 1/25th the intended rate on continuous weapons now ('fixed'!), and absolutely ignores Multishot/Pellets and Crits, making just about anything work significantly less than it should.

It works perfectly fine with other weapon types, maybe not to the extent of the interaction between the bubble and a beam weapon, but it can still achieve massive DoT and a ludicrous radial explosion

2 minutes ago, Glitch_Kitten said:

It works perfectly fine with other weapon types, maybe not to the extent of the interaction between the bubble and a beam weapon, but it can still achieve massive DoT and a ludicrous radial explosion

I don't remember seeing any mention of it being fixed, but I'll check if it's still busted when it's not 2 in the morning.

Imagine what kind of DoT and explosion you should be getting, if it is still completely broken and ignorant of any multishot and crit? The removal of the continuals' supercharge beneficial bug wouldn't have been such a problem if they'd only fixed all the detrimental bugs at the same time.

21 hours ago, Tacgnomancer said:

so mags pretty much useless on anything but star map stuff but even then.. at the momment

Not really. If enough damage is put into the bubble (either from shooting it a bunch of times with a rapid fire weapon and/or getting a lot of polarize fragments in it), everything near it dies or is severely damaged. If only teammates would actually shoot the @(*()$ bubble instead of meleeing stuff in the bubble to pad out their kill count (or because they are dumbasses)

3 hours ago, Hayabusa97 said:

Not really. If enough damage is put into the bubble (either from shooting it a bunch of times with a rapid fire weapon and/or getting a lot of polarize fragments in it), everything near it dies or is severely damaged. If only teammates would actually shoot the @(*()$ bubble instead of meleeing stuff in the bubble to pad out their kill count (or because they are dumbasses)

een solo, they jsut walk out of the bubble and continue there rampage or eating mags soft insides...

On 18/09/2016 at 5:22 PM, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

She still wrecks with some Sortie Assassinations, like Kela de Thaym, Alad V, Sergeant, Jackal, Ambulas, etc.

Before the duration diminishment makes those Magnetises last for 3 seconds, half of which is spent in the animation, you mean? Because that was another change that dug the grave deeper.

Also, @Glitch_Kitten I took some time in the Simulacrum to rerun tests and confirmed criticals and multishot still does not contribute consistently and correctly to the DoT. Same DoT happened through repeated test firing regardless of the proc of multishot or crit (test case of a Latron modded only with Split Chamber).

Projectile vs. hitscan apparently matters though (further test with Bolto); multishot projectiles count correctly to the dot (including Shotguns; tested Detron v. Brakk), while hitscan do not. Neither hitscan nor projectile criticals affected the outcome.

Continuous weapons still enormously underperform - 600 damage shot in from a Gammacor resulted in a tick value of only 7. (Both Magnetic damage, even after reducing for multiplied damage by bubble and even for possible headshot, that DoT should be higher). I would severely doubt multishot or crit have any effect with the derivation so obviously fundamentally broken.

Noncritting projectiles are the best representative of Magnetise's true intended power right now.

Boltor Prime / Supra master race.

@EDYinnit Yeah I noticed that projectiles were outperforming hitscan when it come to contributing DoT and pumping up the final AoE, also since projectiles have travel time they actually have to travel through the bubble to get to the centre, hitting enemies along the way.

It needs a look at and a touch up so other weapon types are as effective as say a mara detron.

7 hours ago, EDYinnit said:

Before the duration diminishment makes those Magnetises last for 3 seconds, half of which is spent in the animation, you mean? Because that was another change that dug the grave deeper..

I can understand this when you're using a 95%-100% duration Mag. For Sortie Assassinations I usually run a 190%-max duration Mag to offset the duration dip. There are diminishing returns to Magnetize if the target's HP reaches a certain threshold, like Vay Hek, where the 3-second timer on the ability is apparent, but overall if you're going max Duration you're probably already dealing enough damage to meet that threshold where that duration dip has yet to take effect. Overall, it's still just a matter of aim and shoot on the fly quickly before the Magnetize bubble disappears.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23
Additional wording to last sentence.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

I can understand this when you're using a 95%-100% duration Mag. For Sortie Assassinations I usually run a 190%-max duration Mag to offset the duration dip. There are diminishing returns to Magnetize if the target's HP reaches a certain threshold, like Vay Hek, where the 3-second timer on the ability is apparent, but overall if you're going max Duration you're probably already dealing enough damage to meet that threshold where that duration dip has yet to take effect. Overall, it's still just a matter of aim and shoot on the fly quickly before the Magnetize bubble disappears.

It's nothing to do with the HP, it's strictly number of casts. The duration diminishes to 10%; I run 282% duration (42.3 duration Magnetise) and after a handful of casts, the Magnetise starts with 4.2(3) seconds of duration. Considering the 1 - 1.5 second cast time, and needing to dodge things that bypass the pull or are in another location than the bubble after going through that animation, you get little to no time to actually use it.

Can't even say "just burst it all the way down before diminishment".. because the sheer EHP of bosses (especially armoured), location-specific vulnerability interfering with targets (Sargas Ruk especially, Vay Hek depending on facing) and temporary vulnerability / phased bosses (Vay Hek, Kela) waste significant amounts of potential DPS while durations are high, making recasts more likely / mandatory.

Especially where you're not in a full team and you don't use the still-broken Tonkor/SySim-tier weapon options on principle (and because launchers are the 100% worst for the damage absorption since only projectile impact damage matters in those cases, which I forgot to mention in the re-testing of those shortfalls).

The latest development added the new Nullifier auto-dispel of ability 'objects' to this as well. The grave gets deeper.

I made a loadout named "MAG'S RUINED" in satire of the Shield Polarise crybabies, that dominated regularly at the time. That name is no longer a joke, since the beneficial bugs were fixed, detrimental ones remained (and a new one added in Continuals going from overcharging to undercharging), and external changes destroyed a lot of viability of Magnetise usage.