Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vacuum: Discussions Post Devstream #80

[DE]Rebecca

Why fix something that is not really broken, DE?

How about instead of spltiting this into 3 mods.. just give Carrier a passive to 'suck' while Vacuum mod would give an increase to range of pickups from said items.

In a way what I'm saying is: 

1.  Vacuum should be made a tiny bit weaker at 'sucking' and only be as good as it is now if combined with Carrier.
  2.  Any other companions that want to use Vacuum will have a weaker version of it, if they still insist on using other companion over Carrier + Vacuum combination.

Simple as that. This way ANYONE can pick whatever sentinel/companion they want to use and everyone is happy.

Then you have choices:

• If you want to have same 'sucking' range as you have now - you stick to Carrier.
  • If you want to use other companions/sentinels - you have less range.

Why overcomplicate things, that shouldn't be complicated? We already have so many things that are too complicated than it should be.. I want to enjoy the game not to be frustrated at it.. Please DE <3

That's just my two cents.

Cheers!

~Jester.

Edited by Jester.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:31 AM, (PS4)IrSchm33 said:

with all do Respect you are wrong , if DE makes it a Frame based passive and Adds in an Options section in the "Options" menu for "vacuum" and in that area List Each Drop type letting you Pick and choose what items we want sucked up, it would in fact fix the issue you are talking about while keeping the Quoted players ideal play style in tact
P.S. try Orokin Derelict Sab missions for your crawler as thats where i got my 3 scans , kill a room , go to another, look for your crawler. if its not there repeat.

in response to the options, that would indeed fix it.

and ill try that for the eximus, thanks. I'm down to 6 undiscovered enemies, so I really got to go out of my way to find them now. I'm even waiting on specific alerts n formorian invasions for some of them

I say, rework carrier to actually carry extra ammo, energy and health orbs that it gives to you whenever you cross a certain threshold of needing it, and simply make vacuum a universal sentinel mod like guardian. Then carrier won't be useless anymore, fits the theme better, and we all get vacuum. A win win for all.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

I say, rework carrier to actually carry extra ammo, energy and health orbs that it gives to you whenever you cross a certain threshold of needing it, and simply make vacuum a universal sentinel mod like guardian. Then carrier won't be useless anymore, fits the theme better, and we all get vacuum. A win win for all.

I figure we break Carrier's precepts into... three different mods where he just poops out ammo, health, and energy every 30 seconds.

:( stop touching my Carrier leave it unharmed 

Give the other Sentinals the 3 mods for choosing wat they want to have 

Give other sentinals  the same range as Carrier prime vacuum .. only for specific items .. Like the ideas that the community has Health etc

no need to break carrier as an main backpack :)

9 hours ago, GameKingMike334 said:

:( stop touching my Carrier leave it unharmed 

Give the other Sentinals the 3 mods for choosing wat they want to have 

Give other sentinals  the same range as Carrier prime vacuum .. only for specific items .. Like the ideas that the community has Health etc

no need to break carrier as an main backpack :)

im pretty sure the over usage of that one sentinal would be the "need" for the carrier to no longer be a main used sentinal for anyone. we should feel lucky that carrier and carrier p didnt get conpletely removed for its Over usage, and the changes mentioned that are coming are not even that bad compaired to the Mega Nerf i was expecting 

12 hours ago, (PS4)IrSchm33 said:

im pretty sure the over usage of that one sentinal would be the "need" for the carrier to no longer be a main used sentinal for anyone. we should feel lucky that carrier and carrier p didnt get conpletely removed for its Over usage, and the changes mentioned that are coming are not even that bad compaired to the Mega Nerf i was expecting 

"its too useful, remove it" is the stupidest thing ive ever heard. If its a crutch, fix the broken limb, dont snatch the crutch away. Also, in a game which is paid for by the community, has content made by and concepted by the community, and is as community driven as this game is, with 3-5 streams a week and forums, a community council, etc... its almost stupid not to tailor mechanics to your audience. 90% of players use carrier n I highly doubt that many of them use it for reasons other than vaccuum, without vaccuum at least playing into it. Therefore, 90% of the playerbase doesn't want to pick up every item by walking on it. So if you want to please them make it universal in some way, if u want them to use other things, make it universal. If you want to piss us all off, break it, make it more complicated without payoff, or make it cost more to use. Thats fairly simple logic. N the problem was never stated to be "they get too many resources using it" so there was never a reason to reduce its usefulness. Also "I was expecting the worst so its not that bad" isn't or dare I say shouldn't, be a feeling the developers are ok with for a change that affects 90% of the playerbase. This isn't a problem of hardware specs or figuring out something new, this isn't overhauling a huge system of mechanics. Those things we need to give the devs room to breathe n pull these things off. When its a simple change thats being approached from a horrible angle, we need to tell them its stupid n this is how to do it better.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)ashes of suvius said:

"its too useful, remove it" is the stupidest thing ive ever heard. If its a crutch, fix the broken limb, dont snatch the crutch away. Also, in a game which is paid for by the community, has content made by and concepted by the community, and is as community driven as this game is, with 3-5 streams a week and forums, a community council, etc... its almost stupid not to tailor mechanics to your audience. 90% of players use carrier n I highly doubt that many of them use it for reasons other than vaccuum, without vaccuum at least playing into it. Therefore, 90% of the playerbase doesn't want to pick up every item by walking on it. So if you want to please them make it universal in some way, if u want them to use other things, make it universal. If you want to piss us all off, break it, make it more complicated without payoff, or make it cost more to use. Thats fairly simple logic. N the problem was never stated to be "they get too many resources using it" so there was never a reason to reduce its usefulness. Also "I was expecting the worst so its not that bad" isn't or dare I say shouldn't, be a feeling the developers are ok with for a change that affects 90% of the playerbase. This isn't a problem of hardware specs or figuring out something new, this isn't overhauling a huge system of mechanics. Those things we need to give the devs room to breathe n pull these things off. When its a simple change thats being approached from a horrible angle, we need to tell them its stupid n this is how to do it better.

Very well said. Fully agree. 

20 hours ago, (XB1)ashes of suvius said:

your only farther prooving my point. if every one uses one item simply for 1 aspect of it( carrier for vacuum) then it deserves a change to ballence it with the rest of the items in its class, or have every other item of its class rised to the same lvl of usefulness. if you want carrier left alone your commenting in the wrong place. so to be clear no one said nerf vacuum ( the only thing carrier is "too useful for") they said change carrier, from being a loot Vacuum to an actual carrier

as it stands carrier is not used for its stats, its weapon , its not used cuz it looks cool or is cool. no its simply used for Vacuum, if 90 percent of the server is using 1 sentinal for 1 mod then there is a problem, DE chose the best solution ideal for this problem, make other sentinals useful by giving them vacuum while decreasing carrier to be something used only for sertain situations. they already said they re-thought the vacuum split to 3 mods, telling them something is stupid after they have already admited it is beating a downed dog when its not baring its teeth. carrier got lucky not to have been nerfed into the ground for its over usage

Edited by (PS4)IrSchm33