Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sparring weapons. Do you know what I dream about?

(PSN)Magician_NG

Grim fury is more brawling, Brutal tide is more break dancing.

But yea, I wanna see this, along with more sparring weapons. Imagine a Slash sparring weapon with this stance. Holy whirling death, Batman!

(I'm REALLY enjoying Obex right now.)

It's a shame they don't get more love. They flat out need DPS buffs, and a new stance.

When they were first released, the Kogake were top tier. They had Physics Impact damage, which was one of the best damage types (only having their damage reduced against certain generally obscure enemies, and it was only a 50% reduction) otherwise they were not affected by armor, and they were capable of innate red crits. For some reason or another.

I like both stances to a certain degree, but Grim Fury has too little kicks, and the break-dancing of Brutal Tide really feels a bit random and hard to control.

I'd really like more round-house and sweep kicks in my life.

Why is the spin attack of Sparring weapons a NOT-uppercut? (then the spin of Fist weapons IS, but for whatever reason, it doesn't throw?)
altho, jump, double jump, roll, and spin attack on that order, kinda looks cool, you get to roll 3 times!

But really, it needs some love. And a Atatatata combo.
And a Rider kick.

Edited by Duduminador

1 hour ago, Retepzednem said:

brutal tide is great cuz it spams finishers But those do not work on un CCable enemies nor bosses

Grim Fury has that awesome super kick at the end of Burning Desire combo, that sh*t kills anything, and what isn't killed is ragdolled (unless they were in the middle of that annoying ground-punch or protected by a dam Ancient Healer aura)

10 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Grim Fury has that awesome super kick at the end of Burning Desire combo, that sh*t kills anything, and what isn't killed is ragdolled (unless they were in the middle of that annoying ground-punch or protected by a dam Ancient Healer aura)

its a tough choice because Hold key attacks suck for builds with very fast attack speed usually 

as it seems attack speed doesnt cut down the hold time needed to trigger said combo attacks 

so as it is the EEEE combo offers more dps as its just 4 spammable continuous keys with 250% and 150% damage multiplier vs 600% at the end of a longer combo that requires you to stop for a moment

Edited by Retepzednem

Just now, Retepzednem said:

its a tough choice because Hold key attacks suck for builds with very fast attack speed usually 

as it seems attack speed doesnt cut down the hold time needed to trigger said combo attacks 

Yeah, that's a problem DE could easily solve by replacing the 'hold' for 'rmb' or implement two-key (E&R) melee already. They CAN do that, they just did that for the Last Herald Sword&Board Conclave Stance in just ONE hotfix. Conclave stances received a lot of changes shortly after being added, several stances got their combos extended from "E>pause>E>E" to "E>E>pause>E>E" and Last Herald got the 'pause' and 'rmb' combos swapped and a final hit added to the 'rmb' one.

Just now, Nocam said:

I retract my statement.

Crouching Tiger Kogake, Hidden Dragon Nikana

I was thinking on making a "4 beasts set".

Dragon Nikana (Dragon)

Tiger Kogake (White Tiger)

Vermillion/Phoenix Kronen (Vermillion Bird/Phoenix)

Tortoise Sylva&Aegis (Xuan Wu, a Black Turtle entangled with a snake, the shield is the turtle, the sword is the snake)

Spoiler

china-mythological-symbols.jpg

14 hours ago, (XB1)DarwinsPlanB said:

It would be interesting to see a Taekwondo influenced sparring stance. *Imagines a 720 jumping roundhouse with AOE ragdoll*

I've always wanted this. Except with actual impact with their kicks; not the embarrassing foot-fencing love taps that are the current status-quo for the olympics.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

:sadcry: Someone understands...!

5 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

My man!

I love the idea of a sword and shield weapon on my Oberon. Especially Silva and Aegis, seeing as, if you block while channeling, you have a 100% block rate. I blocked freaking Lephantis' scythe with it.

I'm not sure if they fixed that or if it's still a thing.

I wish I saw your post before I made mind I been playing games since 2014 and I'm been waiting patiently. I don't know why DE doesn't like hand-to-hand combat 

I would love a sparring weapon mod that could potentially have a slight chance to disarm.  While doing combos maybe it would get people interested in sparring weapons.

46 minutes ago, (PS4)BIGHEBREW said:

I wish I saw your post before I made mind I been playing games since 2014 and I'm been waiting patiently. I don't know why DE doesn't like hand-to-hand combat 

Relax, it's just a matter of time until each weapon gets some love. Of course, it will probably be a powerful weapons and a stance with it, don't expect to get Warframe's equivalent of Kisat Dur.

46 minutes ago, (PS4)BIGHEBREW said:

I would love a sparring weapon mod that could potentially have a slight chance to disarm.  While doing combos maybe it would get people interested in sparring weapons.

That sounds like a legit mod suggestion there, Daggers have Covert Lethality.