The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Music Frame[dev 82]

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

16 hours ago, Drazhar14 said:

Too bad they made it female. We already have Banshee as the female sound frame. It should have been a male bard frame. 

Yeah... I was also looking forward to a male music frame....

Why? So I can shove it into the face of all the haters who said "a music frame has to be female"... At least there was one stupid kid who even made a thread about this. Guess they're happy now ~~

No.. srsly: I couldn't care less about gender.

I always thought I would rather indentify with male warframes.... boom... Nyx happened.

is it wrong i want a halberd or lance ...

2 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Exalted Lute sounds pretty badass when you think about it.

2 hours ago, TheThunder said:

image.jpg

this most probably DE design thought pattern

she is basically a XVI century pikeman or pikewoman hope she come with spears

and an Exalted Spear

8 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

why? neza and chroma are both male fire , chroma ice and frost male? 

The issue is theming, as said. While Ember and Nezha both utilize fire, they are different themes for it. Ember being just "Burn everything, the world must burn!" while Nezha takes a less destructive use for it, with his warding halo and use of other themes as well, taking overall a more divine flames kind of stance. Frost and Chroma...no. They aren't the same at all, namely since Frost is Frost, and Chroma is wearing a Sentient.

So now to the issue of Maestrso and Banshee. Banshee as seen by the community is the dubstep DJ of sorts, just look at her Deluxe skin to see that come to a head. So now Maestro, Maestro tramples on all parts of that, being a female dubsteppy looking frame. They still may have other abilities, but this is what is seen so far and is what people are judging on. DE could have done something much different with it, taking a silly, bard take on a music frame, which then would have moved away from Banshee's theme (Male or otherwise). This would have at least not made comparisons so common, as people could see the very notable differences. But now, being that Maestro is another Female dubstep frame, those comparisons are unavoidable.

13 minutes ago, Domesticon said:

So now to the issue of Maestrso and Banshee. Banshee as seen by the community is the dubstep DJ of sorts,

That's the point of contention, here. What the community sees because it wants to strip down everything into a single theme and idea and what is actually behind a frame can be completely different. The entire "hurr durr Banshee DJ" idea has been started because someone at some point made a joke about Banshee dropping the base. That the element of sound in her theme is by design much more abstract nobody gave a frack about because "its funney XD"

As with many things, the perception of a majority doesn't mean that opinion is correct, especially if its been shaped by shallow stereotyping for nothing but humorous purposes. There's Banshee's wraith aspect, but because you can't easily make contemporary jokes about Irish folklore people flocked to the wubwub memes.

That we have an actual frame dedicated to music and the harmonious usage of sound is actually a blessing for Banshee, since it means all those music tropes will be projected on a frame that is actually designed around the idea while hopefully leaving Banshee's perception in the future with a void that her wraith design elements can fill(prime design permitting).

21 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

That's the point of contention, here. What the community sees because it wants to strip down everything into a single theme and idea and what is actually behind a frame can be completely different. The entire "hurr durr Banshee DJ" idea has been started because someone at some point made a joke about Banshee dropping the base. That the element of sound in her theme is by design much more abstract nobody gave a frack about because "its funney XD"

As with many things, the perception of a majority doesn't mean that opinion is correct, especially if its been shaped by shallow stereotyping for nothing but humorous purposes. There's Banshee's wraith aspect, but because you can't easily make contemporary jokes about Irish folklore people flocked to the wubwub memes.

That we have an actual frame dedicated to music and the harmonious usage of sound is actually a blessing for Banshee, since it means all those music tropes will be projected on a frame that is actually designed around the idea while hopefully leaving Banshee's perception in the future with a void that her wraith design elements can fill(prime design permitting).

^gets it

Image result for claps gif

On 9/24/2016 at 8:25 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

well it wa ssupposed to be a boy, but the wukong /nezha unbalanced the pattern to the point devs wanted it to be a female after  titania to get us back into a "balanced " gender ratio

aha. thanks for clearing this up. and i do agree that it looks like a lovechild between banshee and mesa...would i have loved to have been a fly on that wall!

HNNNNGGG!!!!! @ banshee x mesa

• 4 weeks later...