Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since when did Hek and Vaykor Hek get these nerf?

aerosoul1337

I was thinking it felt a bit off when I was messing around with my Vaykor. I don't see the point of this.

Oh Hek, what have you become? I still fondly remember the days when you were the best shotgun and sniper rifle...

On 9/28/2016 at 5:47 AM, R34LM said:

Surprising, a shotgun that can't be use for long ranges.

You do know shotguns actually have great range? They are used for hunting after all, which means they'd be shooting at ranges far greater than 8m. So this is either a balancing thing, or a bug... lore or realism has nothing to do with it.

See, that's why I have some trust issues with DE.

Please say that is a bug. I'm not even concerned about the nerf itself, what "triggers" me is the stealth part.
ALL changes should be on the changelog, including the ones that makes some of the player base upset.
This kind of attitude has happened before multiple times and it's the main reason I just can't fully trust DE.

I didn't want to say it but if I see a Tigris nerf after PA ends I'll probably start to wear a tinfoil hat.

46 minutes ago, gustavrsh said:

See, that's why I have some trust issues with DE.

Please say that is a bug. I'm not even concerned about the nerf itself, what "triggers" me is the stealth part.
ALL changes should be on the changelog, including the ones that makes some of the player base upset.
This kind of attitude has happened before multiple times and it's the main reason I just can't fully trust DE.

This.

I hope it WAS a bug, considering how buggy these patches are; yet, the cynical part of me tells me this is a intended nerf, and was reverted after being noticed.

Even more suspiciously, why now? Been years and years since it's touched. Quite skeptical on this one.

Aw man, this explains why I've been noticing that lately I seemed to have trouble killing things from afar with Hek and that Sobek seemed to perform better than Hek at long range.  I hope this is a bug instead of an intentional change.  I really enjoy shotguns after the shotgun rework, but now I might have to go back to rifles.

I regularly play arena 2 (Yam, Sedna). There I noticed the falloff of my (5 forma) Hek in the past days in the indoor tilesets where I used to one-shot most of the enemies at mid-range. This is no longer possible. I can still one-shot them at point blank but it makes no sense because this is still (primed reach) melee range. 

It is sad but I guess there has to be reason to buy Prime Access with Tigris Prime. 

5 hours ago, Twilight053 said:

Has been a thing since U17.7 according to this, no nerfs were ever a thing, just that now's the only time people noticed (for more than one year).

Can confirm, it's been there for as long as the shotgun rework, no further changes were applied since then. 

15 hours ago, Twilight053 said:

Has been a thing since U17.7 according to this, no nerfs were ever a thing, just that now's the only time people noticed (for more than one year).

Hmmm, I am sure the result from that link is not accurate. (and yes, I can read Chinese.)

First the Hek and V.Hek have definitely different range.

And V.Hek starts falloff at 8m, not 10m, and the damage falloff : range ratio seems to be higher now.

Because a lot of sentinel's attack range is 10m so I can say my result is more accurate and up to date.

3 hours ago, aerosoul1337 said:

Hmmm, I am sure the result from that link is not accurate. (and yes, I can read Chinese.)

First the Hek and V.Hek have definitely different range.

And V.Hek starts falloff at 8m, not 10m, and the damage falloff : range ratio seems to be higher now.

Because a lot of sentinel's attack range is 10m so I can say my result is more accurate and up to date.

No, your numbers are wrong and that thread is more accurate. I just tested with Vaykor Hek, and it only starts to deal less damage at >10m. The falloff values were never changed.

btw i used G to measure distance.

Edited by Eric1738

3 hours ago, Eric1738 said:

No, your numbers are wrong and that thread is more accurate. I just tested with Vaykor Hek, and it only starts to deal less damage at >10m. The falloff values were never changed.

btw i used G to measure distance.

Ah, I know what makes the difference now.

The distance from waypoint is your feet position to the enemy's feet.

But the sentinel's attack range includes its height.

I will update them.

On 9/27/2016 at 11:55 PM, Zagrax said:

It's honestly likely to keep them in line with the lesser shotguns at longer ranges. It does such stupidly high damage when properly modded it still sweeps crowds with no issue even at max falloff.

What? Have you seen the damage that the sancti tigris or tigris prime can dish out? The only problem with those two are the fact that they do slash damage, which really isn't a big deal when they have the raw damage to support it anyways. What they did to the Hek and V. Hek is actually the most inept thing they could've done to a shotgun in warframe since they took the regular boar off the market (which was finally re-added after 2 years).

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Hek/t_30_22333000_167-5-3-170-3-5-178-1-5-179-4-5-365-6-3-453-2-5-482-0-10-546-7-5_482-7-178-8-453-6-170-6-179-6-167-9-365-7-546-11/en/2-0-31

Here is my Hek that I currently do not use now. If the information OP listed is accurate, this is the equivalent of 6,591.285 damage at 10m. That's a bit of damage still but relative to shotguns that's piss poor.

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Tigris_Prime/t_30_22320000_178-1-5-190-7-5-191-4-3-264-6-3-330-5-3-359-2-5-482-0-10-546-3-5_482-7-178-8-359-6-546-6-191-7-330-7-264-7-190-9/en/2-0-96

Here's the Tigris Prime, built for Gas/Electric Status procs. At 10m it will be doing approx. 25,195.685 damage. This means at 10m the Hek will be doing 26% of the raw damage that the Tigris Prime can when built for utility (rad procs are pretty great.)

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Hek/t_30_22333000_167-5-3-170-3-5-178-1-5-179-4-5-190-6-5-365-7-3-453-2-5-482-0-10_482-7-178-8-453-6-170-6-179-6-167-9-190-9-365-7/en/2-0-31

even if the Hek was built for straight damage instead of having the essential punch-through that burst damage shotguns need, it still clocks in at 30% of the raw damage that the Tigris Prime can send down range at 7,651.421.

and even if the Hek had the 50% damage minimum then it would be sitting at 16,478.212 for the utility of punch through or 19128.554 if you wanted to gimp your gun without punch through. This kind of means that the Hek was actually on the lower end of the burst damage shotgun spectrum and it had the longest range of the hitscan shotguns and 4 shots with a decent fire rate to compensate with that. Also because the point of the Hek was that it was piercing damage. Now the TigrisP is going to be the all-round shotgun until DE decides they want to invalidate all shotguns again.

I'm discounting the strun wraith because I'm talking one-shot damage potential and the strun wraith doesn't have any.

Edited by Hyperific