Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The NItain Extract Problem

DTest

12 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

/sigh

That's why you do them when they're up so when things like VaubonP come along you have, like, you know, large quantities nitain ready to go.

7Ps. Mind the 7Ps...

Oh right, you have to have been playing for a long time... And not using it on the crap tonne of other things that Need Nitain... Gotya 

Just now, Carnage2K4 said:

Oh right, you have to have been playing for a long time... And not using it on the crap tonne of other things that Need Nitain... Gotya 

7Ps.

Also, you're not guaranteed everything in the game when you might want it. I have more than a few weapons laying about waiting for catalysts so I can level them up. It'll get done eventually; they aren't going anywhere.

Veteran players having some advantage due to sheer seniority isn't anything new. I remember when I was new and lusting after a BratonP. I got it, but it did take some time. You have to pay your dues in any game. This one is no exception.

Work for what you want and prioritize your needs. There's that 7Ps thing again.

Just now, Sloan441 said:

7Ps.

Also, you're not guaranteed everything in the game when you might want it. I have more than a few weapons laying about waiting for catalysts so I can level them up. It'll get done eventually; they aren't going anywhere.

Veteran players having some advantage due to sheer seniority isn't anything new. I remember when I was new and lusting after a BratonP. I got it, but it did take some time. You have to pay your dues in any game. This one is no exception.

Work for what you want and prioritize your needs. There's that 7Ps thing again.

You CAN buy catalyst, which is EXACTLY the point of the problem, it's like you don't even bother it understand what the issue is if you think that's a valid comparison.

Finding the relics, doing to missions and finally getting those rare BPs is more than enough effort to get the item, and farming the resources in the little time you have is also fine, but you can't farm or trade Nitain, that's just a wall put up, not a hurdle to put time into to get over.

Just now, Carnage2K4 said:

...but you can't farm or trade Nitain, that's just a wall put up, not a hurdle to put time into to get over.

But you can. You just have to do it when the opportunity presents itself.

No, you're not going to get significant gains done in an hour or two. Oh, well. I never had much sympathy for binge gamers to begin with.

All I'm getting from this thread and most others like it is the very powerful stench of self-entitlement.

Just now, Sloan441 said:

But you can. You just have to do it when the opportunity presents itself.

No, you're not going to get significant gains done in an hour or two. Oh, well. I never had much sympathy for binge gamers to begin with.

All I'm getting from this thread and most others like it is the very powerful stench of self-entitlement.

No you can't, you cannot go and do mission after mission, until you get the amount/thing you need. No, you need to be on at the right time, that's not farming, aka spending all your time collecting 1 thing.

"self-entitelment" ironic... 

On 10/4/2016 at 3:15 PM, _Vortus_ said:

GIVE ME INSTANT GRATIFICATION OR I QUIT.    A lot of that disease going on currently.   If in that much of a hurry, buy it.   If cannot afford it, then run for whatever is selling, sell it, then buy it.  

Defend pointless wait walls that drive away players or you aren't elite.

A lot of this disease going round lately...if the game loses enough of these casual, money spending players it wont survive for you to prove your elite level patience in.

1 hour ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

Or, yanno, you like living moreso. I want VauP quite a bit, but I realise I can't afford more than an hour a day. Which always has to come after studies otherwise it fucks me over and I can't focus. Real life always has priority.

Then you buy Vauban Prime Access or you don't get Vauban Prime.

That's like saying I want everything in the game but I dont want to play the game. So let me get this straight. You want Vauban Prime to take literally less than 1 hour of gameplay a day to earn. I'm just gonna say no. That's like saying I want the big pink elephant at skiball but i only want to throw one ball. If you dont have time to play the game then you dont have time to earn Vauban Prime in less than 5 months. Deal with it. Or buy it with plat.

Get twitter. Follow WF Alerts. Get online and run that 2 minute exterminate mission and get a nitain when it pops up. You can make all the real life excuses you want, this is not a huge imposition.

Honestly if it takes you 5 months to get 20 nitain you arent even actually playing warframe. The time you spent complaining about it on the forums you could've run the nitain alert. This all feels so ridiculous, why am I even arguing? You do realize how ridiculous this is, right? You're wasting time complaining you cant login once a day to run nitain alerts, does no one else see the irony that he's spent about 2-3 hours on the forum today trying to drive home the fact he cant run a 2-3 minute alert on warframe?

I still contend argon is way worse than nitain.

Edited by Skaleek

10 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

That's like saying I want everything in the game but I dont want to play the game. So let me get this straight. You want Vauban Prime to take literally less than 1 hour of gameplay a day to earn. I'm just gonna say no. That's like saying I want the big pink elephant at the ring toss but i only want to throw one ring. If you dont have time to play the game then you dont have time to earn Vauban Prime in less than 5 months. Deal with it.

Umm, no. Not when I can achieve 90% of the other content in this game at my current pace. Contrary to what you may believe, casuals are every bit as crucial to this game as vets.

I used to  be a nolifer at this game, about a year back now. Then I came to the realisation that I needed to do something with my life other than play one singular game. Yeah, my progress has slowed. But for the most part, it's actually tolerable. Taking longer to grind things makes sense. Most things I grind for, I can make reasonable progress on over a week. Not so with Vauban, or nitain containing items. I'm not asking for them to make nitain a completely normal resource. I can understand it being restricted to alerts. Keeping the number possible per session down is also cool. But would it really kill the game to extend the alert duration a bit? Right now it's fifty fifty whether I can snag an alert in any given session. If I were able to get one nitain, not five, not ten, just one, I'd still have to grind for 20 days straight to get the necessary nitain. That's also not counting oxium, but with that. I can gather it at my own pace. That would still be reasonable, hell, most primes take much less time to grind. Galatine prime and tigris prime both took about a week each to get, at a total of maybe 8 hours in game. RNGesus was a $&*^, sure. I'm okay with that. What I'm not okay with is being forced to change my schedule, which is rigid for a reason, just to get a resource at a reasonable pace. Slow progress is fine, but @(*()$ with players is not.

Edited by BulletsforTeeth

7 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

Umm, no. Not when I can achieve 90% of the other content in this game at my current pace. Contrary to what you may believe, casuals are every bit as crucial to this game as vets.

I used to  be a nolifer at this game, about a year back now. Then I came to the realisation that I needed to do something with my life other than play one singular game. Yeah, my progress has slowed. But for the most part, it's actually tolerable. Taking longer to grind things makes sense. Most things I grind for, I can make reasonable progress on over a week. Not so with Vauban, or nitain containing items. I'm not asking for them to make nitain a completely normal resource. I can understand it being restricted to alerts. Keeping the number possible per session down is also cool. But would it really kill the game to extend the alert duration a bit? Right now it's fifty fifty whether I can snag an alert in any given session. If I were able to get one nitain, not five, not ten, just one, I'd still have to grind for 20 days straight to get the necessary nitain. That's also not counting oxium, but with that. I can gather it at my own pace. That would still be reasonable, hell, most primes take much less time to grind.

I'm a casual and i have a huge reserve of nitain. Instead of trying to get DE to change the system why not just find ways to deal with it? Why are you telling me what I believe? Did i ever say casuals arent crucial to warframe? Where are you getting this from?

You don't have to 'grind for 20 days' dude, you have to wait for 20 days because the time investment you're willing to invest equates to a 20 day wait time. You run one mission for 5 minutes when it comes up. Do your real life stuff and be as casual as you want. Login, run a nitain alert, log off. Go run sabotages and get nitain that way, if you absolutely refuse to use the alert system. You have options you just seem like youre too stubborn to use it and are using the "casual" argument as some sort of protective wall to shield you from adapting how you play.

Put in the work. Put in the Plat. Or Dont. and then you wait. Bottom line. I have absolutely no issue with this system and I have been fairly outspoken about most of DE's stuff when it punishes the playerbase.

Edited by Skaleek

6 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I'm a casual and i have a huge reserve of nitain. Instead of trying to get DE to change the system why not just find ways to deal with it? Why are you telling me what I believe? Did i ever say casuals arent crucial to warframe? Where are you getting this from?

You don't have to grind for 20 days dude. You run one mission for 5 minutes when it comes up. Do your real life stuff and be as casual as you want. Login, run a nitain alert, log off. Go run sabotages and get nitain that way, if you absolutely refuse to use the alert system. You have options you just seem like youre too stubborn to use it and are using the "casual" argument as some sort of protective wall to shield you from adapting how you play.

Again, my schedule is rigid for a reason. I have ADHD, I am in college, and I tend to be a bit impulsive. Normally, so long as I don't just randomly check things, or as you suggest, log in just to play an alert, I lose focus, rapidly. And it's rather difficult to regain that once I get sidetracked.

Again, I'm not even asking them to change the system. Just tweak the alert time so that when I can login, I can score nitain each time. 1, maybe 2. I mean yeah, invasions with nitain would be nice, but that's entirely up to de. Alertium is fine, but I really shouldn't have to change my routine for the sake of RNG.

I mean, do you see me screaming LET ME GET EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE from the rooftops, hell no.

Edited by BulletsforTeeth

56 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

A lot of this disease going round lately...if the game loses enough of these casual, money spending players it wont survive for you to prove your elite level patience in.

Most of the time I agree with your posts BlackCo, but in this case i think this is silly. Do you really think Nitain is a pointless wait wall? I havent had to wait for nitain once and i barely play nowadays. I'd be more concerned about what happens to our endo income when Hieracon is removed. Since the starmap endo conversion was botched and still hasnt been fixed. Just sayin', i think we're on opposite sides of the fence for this one.

I basically just play Warframe forums; I'm a true endgamer.

Edited by Skaleek

3 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

Again, my schedule is rigid for a reason. I have ADHD, I am in college, and I tend to be a bit impulsive. Normally, so long as I don't just randomly check things, or as you suggest, log in just to play an alert, I lose focus, rapidly. And it's rather difficult to regain that once I get sidetracked.

Again, I'm not even asking them to change the system. Just tweak the alert time so that when I can login, I can score nitain each time. 1, maybe 2. I mean yeah, invasions with nitain would be nice, but that's entirely up to de. Alertium is fine, but I really shouldn't have to change my routine for the sake of RNG.

Maybe i misunderstood because i've only read your response to my posts. If you're asking for a more varying alert schedule, I don't think thats an unreasonable ask. I think right now it's fairly predictable but static when the nitain comes up, if it rotated a little more so that more time coverage during the day occured, i think thats totally reasonable. I didnt think that's what this thread was about though, nor did your response to my posts indicate anything of the kind.

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

Most of the time I agree with your posts BlackCo, but in this case i think this is silly. Do you really think Nitain is a pointless wait wall? I havent had to wait for nitain once and i barely play nowadays. I'd be more concerned about what happens to our endo income when Hieracon is removed. Since the starmap endo conversion was botched and still hasnt been fixed. Just sayin', i think we're on opposite sides of the fence for this one.

It's mainly to do with how the... 'Wait wall' is constructed with nitain. None of us is really asking (AFAIK) for foundry items to complete instantly. Some of us ask for intervals slightly under 24 hour cycles for sheer QOL, but for the most part no one is complaining about that, really. It's just having to log in every time an alert pops up just so you can get a resource that bugs us. For the most part, we all have our reasons for not being able to, or not wanting to.

9 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I basically just play Warframe forums; I'm a true endgamer.

Haha! True endgamer. Nice!

I do think Nitain us a wait wall. An ugly indicator of what's to come. And I think it needs to go. Or become a normal, rare resource, that drops on planets.

7 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

It's mainly to do with how the... 'Wait wall' is constructed with nitain. None of us is really asking (AFAIK) for foundry items to complete instantly. Some of us ask for intervals slightly under 24 hour cycles for sheer QOL, but for the most part no one is complaining about that, really. It's just having to log in every time an alert pops up just so you can get a resource that bugs us. For the most part, we all have our reasons for not being able to, or not wanting to.

Been asking for 23hr forma build times forever... Let's just for arguments sake say that every time a nitain alert comes up it conflicts with your schedule. Fine, you are in a really unfortunate situation... but i mean, at the rate you play are you gonna miss vauban prime? You could always wait till a holiday and then just blitz it out. And then there's sabotage. albeit not a great drop rate of nitain, is still an alternative (although i think that will actually take you longer than waiting for alerts)

Once again, asking for more varying time coverage from nitain alerts is not unreasonable, in my opinion.

Edited by Skaleek

7 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Maybe i misunderstood because i've only read your response to my posts. If you're asking for a more varying alert schedule, I don't think thats an unreasonable ask. I think right now it's fairly predictable but static when the nitain comes up, if it rotated a little more so that more time coverage during the day occured, i think thats totally reasonable. I didnt think that's what this thread was about though, nor did your response to my posts indicate anything of the kind.

If I'm to be completely honest, I'm none too fussed about this. It'd just be a nice QOL change.

I'm more concerned about equilibrium being almost crucial to every nekros build than I am about this lol. Then again, I don't get overzealous about anything gamewise these days.

2 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Haha! True endgamer. Nice!

I do think Nitain us a wait wall. An ugly indicator of what's to come. And I think it needs to go. Or become a normal, rare resource, that drops on planets.

I can see where you're coming from if you're saying that nitain is a slippery slope. With DE they like to test the waters and push their players and if there isnt an outcry they tend to keep pushing. Like with vacuum, arbitrary 6m just to see if they could throw a nerf in and get it by us. So I can see why you might want to be vocal now, so as to nip that new alertium resource that comes only on a full moon at 6pm on one node and you need to have a key built with a premade group all wearing red veil sigils to participate in.

1 hour ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

That has nothing to do with what I said.

They need to just introduce daily quests with rare resources as rewards

5-6 quests/missions a day for Nitain isn't enough?

As for Tellurium, Uranus Survival easily covers that. Or there's Archwing Mobile Defence (just go as an Itzal or with an Itzal user and spam Cosmic Crush).

Oxium however needs to be looked at. (At least make it drop from all flying drones, just at reduced amounts for non-Oxium Ospreys. That 7k grind for Vauban nearly killed me.)

Edited by Numerikuu

1 hour ago, Numerikuu said:

5-6 quests/missions a day for Nitain isn't enough?

As for Tellurium, Uranus Survival easily covers that. Or there's Archwing Mobile Defence (just go as an Itzal or with an Itzal user and spam Cosmic Crush).

Oxium however needs to be looked at. (At least make it drop from all flying drones, just at reduced amounts for non-Oxium Ospreys. That 7k grind for Vauban nearly killed me.)

No. Five to six missions is NOT enough.

Because these missions only happen at certain times of day. Mostly, when working people with jobs are NOT logged in. When we sleep. Work. Eat our meals. Or heaven forbid, play one of the (quickly increasingly frequent) better games than Warframe. 

Nitain should be a regular resource drop on planets, like everything else. Right now, all it is, is a useless time sink. It utterly invalidates the time we have ALREADY spent in the game, negating our efforts. Renders all past grinding effectively moot, because we dont also have Nitain.

So tell me, when they introduce the next Alertium, and only make it available weekly while requiring 10 per frame, will you defend that, too?

Where does this silliness end? Probably, honestly, with no game left to play, because any self respecting customer who values their time has moved on to happier things.

4 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Heheh  Didn't realize this thread was still going.   Good ol nekrobumps.  Had to glance through the thread to take in some context. 

Not a disease, a cure.  Nor am I elite, mediocre at best.  As a gamer, as a person as well.  What I am however, is good at understanding the rules of the game.   This game and others.   DE needs to make money to give us more content.   Welfare warriors, I am elite apparently so I might well act it,  are given time walls to climb to both encourage them to try other aspects of the game while waiting, as well as give the desire to speed things up so they purchase more items.  Or of course they play the game (aka grind) to also help them expedite what they want.  I have been in that boat myself time to time.   Now, you want to remove that time wall, what would you suggest for DE to do what the time wall is effectively already doing?  

25 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

t utterly invalidates the time we have ALREADY spent in the game, negating our efforts. Renders all past grinding effectively moot, because we dont also have Nitain.

Nitain Extract has now existed for nearly 11 months.

Logging in once per day and logging out if you don't see an active Nitain Extract alert (and doing the alert if it's there) would have gotten you more than enough Nitain Extract to craft every weapon and Warframe that requires the resource to craft.

Any players that have started within the past 11 months have not done any past grinding before the introduction of Nitain Extract. Those of us that have been playing longer than that have been given more than enough time to fill our coffers with at least the bare minimum necessary.

The point is that, for veterans who have been playing for at least as long as the resource has existed, the rate at which new items requiring Nitain Extract are implemented is currently balanced against a relevant minimum amount of activity. If you have the time to spare 10 minutes of every day (enough to run the alert if it's there) online in Warframe, you will have enough Nitain Extract to craft everything relevant.