The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vacuum Nerf 5m vs 12m - A Visual - Buff/Nerf/Both?

LoKor

the range is way too small, it does not cover full corridors even.   It is like playing ping pong just running around grabbing things and is silly as hell when we had a way to avoid this useless annoying silliness before.

2 minutes ago, Meentlegen said:

Can't we just be happy that this is what we got instead of the 3-part precept idea they originally introduced? I mean, it at least proves that they're listening to our feedback. 

This compromise is toxic to the future of the game. The player base needs to show DE when they screwed up and when they didn't, and this definitely is a time to show them they did.

1 minute ago, Gritzan said:

This compromise is toxic to the future of the game. The player base needs to show DE when they screwed up and when they didn't, and this definitely is a time to show them they did.

And that's what we're doing, but threatening them and making this out as if it's the downfall of Warframe isn't a way to make progress. They made it perfectly in the update notes that these changes aren't adamant, and that they're going to keeping a close eye on this and change it accordingly. So I doubt we're going to be stuck with this update for the rest of the foreseeable future. 

Just now, Meentlegen said:

And that's what we're doing, but threatening them and making this out as if it's the downfall of Warframe isn't a way to make progress. They made it perfectly in the update notes that these changes aren't adamant, and that they're going to keeping a close eye on this and change it accordingly. So I doubt we're going to be stuck with this update for the rest of the foreseeable future. 

Who's threatening them? Can you quote that?

1 minute ago, Gritzan said:

Who's threatening them? Can you quote that?

I'm exaggerating of course (I hope), but people are making a much bigger deal out of this than need be, as if this is some game-breaking update. Personally, I'm glad it's now on every sentinel, and while the 6m isn't favourable, it's at least something they're going to look at and buff accordingly. 

21 minutes ago, That1Cactus said:

I have just played the update with the """nerfed""" range, nothing has changed and the extra step is impossibly noticeable. SOooooo yeah, not nerfed.

Well cool, glad but sad someone who has played longer than me apparently still can't get used to changes being made in the game.

I still stand what I am saying. The range is hardly noticeable, especially with the update now being out, people need to stop crying nerf whenever something changes, and I shall repeat my "leave if you don't like" comment. :smile::wink:

You've made yourself clear that you don't like this thread. Now follow your own advice and leave.

Edited by HolyDemon00

This is a massive nerf. With this range i mightaswell just walk over it. It just became useless. Why not make it 10m or something similar. No need to be as big as it was, but as it stands now it is useless no matter how you put it.

The update is nice and i appreciate the effort. But it butchered the range of vacuum so badly and i am bashing that part not the whole update. Just to be clear.

Edited by Serbian2G
Added clarification

1 hour ago, That1Cactus said:

I have just played the update with the """nerfed""" range, nothing has changed and the extra step is impossibly noticeable. SOooooo yeah, not nerfed.

Well cool, glad but sad someone who has played longer than me apparently still can't get used to changes being made in the game.

I still stand what I am saying. The range is hardly noticeable, especially with the update now being out, people need to stop crying nerf whenever something changes, and I shall repeat my "leave if you don't like" comment. :smile::wink:

I think you not noticing it is more of a statement to your lack of attention or a lack of time spent with carrier to notice such a difference, and whichever one is the case it doesn't matter because you are just one opinion and in this case stand in the minority of the playerbase.

And you do realize it is possible to adapt to a change without liking it right? just because DE made a terrible design choice that we don't like doesn't mean we can't make do with what we have.

1 hour ago, Data-Zero said:

Only the parts they want to. Then they butcher it.

The current vacuum stuff is for sentinels. What about KUBROWS? KAVATS?

"We've also mentioned Kubrow/Kavat are not off the table. What we want to do is measure. We know where Carrier sits in usage compared to the rest of the options. We want a calculated release of a change that will deliver on giving Sentinels the function of Vacuum, and see how it affects the usage of content in that category. The results are something we'll be sharing as it should be very interesting to everyone invested in this particular topic. The shovel in the ground on this will apply to Sentinels first, but Pets aren't off the table."

Straight from the patch notes, do people not read these?

Daym son, just look at that beautiful nerfnus that is DE mentality. Here's the thing, DE, looking for loot in your game is not fun, farming can be because it is built into the gameplay, but actively seeking loot is not fun, it never will be fun, stop trying to push for it. Make vacuum a Warframe passive, put the range back up, and then please stop messing with it, the reason we all use it is because we want to cut down on the busy work and do what is actually fun in the game, you know what fun is right? I also couldn't help but realize that the patch notes neglected to mention the range nerf, or weather it ended up being 5 or 6, or was not changed, transparency is fun isn't it. I know that I wont stop using carrier because with the new ability, it's still more useful than every other sentinel anyway (Time to add fire rate to all my weapons XD), I'd use my Kavat but it currently doesn't have the passive so, yaay.

4 hours ago, Meentlegen said:

"We've also mentioned Kubrow/Kavat are not off the table. What we want to do is measure. We know where Carrier sits in usage compared to the rest of the options. We want a calculated release of a change that will deliver on giving Sentinels the function of Vacuum, and see how it affects the usage of content in that category. The results are something we'll be sharing as it should be very interesting to everyone invested in this particular topic. The shovel in the ground on this will apply to Sentinels first, but Pets aren't off the table."

Straight from the patch notes, do people not read these?

I do read these. But the question still remains.

What about KUBROWS? KAVATS?

If they were able to slap Vacuum on sentinels, what was stopping them to add vacuum to the pets?

The only thing that Urks me is that the range isn't 6m, it's more like 2m

It's easy to see because most of our frames stand around 1.6m tall and the range is a bit over that so it is closer to 2m.

But that being said it is likely a wiki error using meters. 

Edited by SilvaDreams

This is mostly a Good change instead of 3 types of vaacuum. The frames also would be able to Take loot from increased range but maybe They did it to promote the using of sentinels because the majority was unused. And lets talk about the sentinel 2.0 which not happend yet. We need more sentinels and all need more survivability. New mods and finaly New sentinel weapons for Each sentinel because these are mostly krap in higher levels and no variation at all. This is more deeper issue than the loot range.