The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vacuum Nerf 5m vs 12m - A Visual - Buff/Nerf/Both?

LoKor

9 minutes ago, DrPlate said:

Why not just give all companions vacuum with 12m then give carrier another unique ability. Problem solved and everyone will be pleased.

How hard is that?

Apparently it could end the universe. I assume replicating Carrier's Vacuum Mod and turning it into a built in Sentinel function requires a large amount of dark matter and material capable of containing it. Placing that large of an amount of energy into a Sentinel not originally built to handle it could cause a cataclysmic meltdown that could destroy the entire universe. Simply attempting to recreate such power made Scientist realize Carrier's original design was too unstable and needed some additional safety precautions before it started opening black holes everywhere, which caused the range to decrease... Again though, this is just my assumption based on how intensely difficult it''s been for them to successfully create a universal vacuum. 

16 minutes ago, DrPlate said:

Why not just give all companions vacuum with 12m then give carrier another unique ability. Problem solved and everyone will be pleased.

How hard is that?

This, but apparently it's a very difficult choice for DE to accept and succumb to. 12m on all Sentinels' passive would at least correspond to the majority of wishes for the people arguing about universal vacuum. 

Oh wait, 5m is a reasonable nerf if it's going to be a universal vacuum passive on all Sentinels when keeping it at 12m requires less thinktanking in adjusting this feature. Egads, the power of re-imagination for this must take prerogative! :nerd:

31 minutes ago, SugarShow said:

rip carrier

Actually, I'm locking it in. Aside from personally just sucking up the nerf. It seems DE is trying to dislodge us from carrier based in the pie chart metric.

Carrier is still the tankiest sentinel with vacume. So I'm going to hold steady.

Oh, OP can you please post a new diagram for the 6m change?

2 hours ago, Lokime said:

OMG MY SENTINEL WON'T SUCK THINGS AS IT DID, THIS IS SUCH A TERRIBLE NERF, TOTALLY GAMEBREAKING

2 hours ago, That1Cactus said:

Oh no, now I have to walk an extra step to pick up something even though it would feel no different because of constant sprinting/bullet jumping. The terror.

" I'm a dreadful human who wants to bring others down for having a completely valid opinion about a change that will make their game experience less enjoyable "

15 minutes ago, VaykorKek said:

" I'm a dreadful human who wants to bring others down for having a completely valid opinion about a change that will make their game experience less enjoyable "

I'm a cactus that's saying that people who are crying over something that barely changes anything are overreacting and should adapt to changes.

Firstly, I'm not a habitual carrier user, I mostly use diriga when it comes to sentinels.

That said...

Why 5m max range?  What was wrong with the 10 to 12 meters that carrier's vacuum had?

Maybe DE can make a compromise for whatever insane overeager dev decided on 5 meters?

I suppose that having 80% of your userbase happy with a particular product is bad.

Guess 80% of the userbase is getting punished now.

Take THAT 80% of players!  This is for your own good!

Though... is it really such a good idea to make a negative change to something that so huge a portion of your userbase was completely satisfied with, thus annoying them?

I know DE is smarter and better than this.  :(

My suggestion is this:

The new vacuum starts out at 5 meters with the sentinel at rank zero, and at 30, it's at the full 10-12 meter range.

EVERYONE WINS!

Edited by DeMeritus

7 minutes ago, That1Cactus said:

I'm a cactus that's saying that people who are crying over something that barely changes anything are overreacting and should adapt to changes.

nobody is crying here, you damn tool.

We're giving our feedback over a straight nerf to a functionality we had and that a vast majority of the player base made use of.

There's no need or reason to just eat up whatever garbage DE throws at us and just "adapt" to changes.

$$I frankly don't care anymore. I've enjoyed this game both on PC then console when it came out. I've spent a huge amount of money on it. Some people don't play this as their primary game nor have the time.

Yes other games have loot drops but not to the insane amount that warframe does. It is not enjoyable running around picking up huge amounts of loots as compared to other games where the loot is changed.

This bandaid is small and will not only fix a thing. Until a better change is made by those in power then this is all it will be a band aid. 

I am not gonna stay around and cry. I will instead spend time on other games. I've loved warframe and defended them to others. Right now I'm disappointed in the direction they are going. Fashion frame is all good but content is better.

Edited by (XB1)DHG CABO0SE

Just now, Gritzan said:

nobody is crying here, you damn tool.

We're giving our feedback over a straight nerf to a functionality we had and that a vast majority of the player base made use of.

There's no need or reason to just eat up whatever garbage DE throws at us and just "adapt" to changes.

"No body is crying here" Except for the huge amount of people crying about the """bad""" vacuum range that post new threads about it non-stop.

And while yes feedback is nice, so is my feedback, which is that it's NOT a nerf it's a change, the literal distance between then and now is merely one damn step while sprinting (because wowie, infinite sprinting is in the game *shock*) and if anything the fact that we ARE getting a universal vacuum in any way means that other sentinels will finally be used as often as stinking Carrier (which literally the only gimmick was the vacuum).

Of course I'm gonna put on the assumption that you haven't been with the game as long as me and many others, I have been through many changes with the game and instead of shouting every little change and fix as a """NERF""" I still tread on because the """""NERFS""""" are nothing more than damn pebbles.

The game changes and that's that, DE will do as they with to do with the game BECAUSE IT IS THERE GAME AFTER ALL and they'll do whatever they please, and if there are LEGITIMATE problems then they do go out of their way to revert and fix them. Universal vacuum range is NOT one of them.

And there's always the door to leave if you aren't satisfied with change.

36 minutes ago, That1Cactus said:

"No body is crying here" Except for the huge amount of people crying about the """bad""" vacuum range that post new threads about it non-stop.

And while yes feedback is nice, so is my feedback, which is that it's NOT a nerf it's a change, the literal distance between then and now is merely one damn step while sprinting (because wowie, infinite sprinting is in the game *shock*) and if anything the fact that we ARE getting a universal vacuum in any way means that other sentinels will finally be used as often as stinking Carrier (which literally the only gimmick was the vacuum).

Of course I'm gonna put on the assumption that you haven't been with the game as long as me and many others, I have been through many changes with the game and instead of shouting every little change and fix as a """NERF""" I still tread on because the """""NERFS""""" are nothing more than damn pebbles.

The game changes and that's that, DE will do as they with to do with the game BECAUSE IT IS THERE GAME AFTER ALL and they'll do whatever they please, and if there are LEGITIMATE problems then they do go out of their way to revert and fix them. Universal vacuum range is NOT one of them.

And there's always the door to leave if you aren't satisfied with change.

you're confusing "crying" with "opinions that aren't yours".

the vacuum range is bad, that's not up for discussion, it's a mathematical fact. For a superficial look, it's half of what it was before. With a slightly more in depth look, it's actually 0.125 of what it was before. It's a straight nerf, and whether or not all sentinels have a nerfed vacuum is not relevant to the fact that vacuum itself was nerfed.

Also, good job on your meaningless, vapid patronizing. You realize you could just click my profile to see what I started playing the game over a full year before you did, right? Of course, whether I started playing a couple weeks after closed beta or just a second ago is irrelevant. This is obviously a nerf to anyone that has ever used Carrier and played with its original range, and the fact things were nerfed in the past doesn't make this any less of an unjustifiable nerf, disguised as a buff when their original intention was obviously to just change Carrier's precept.

We shouldn't accept a nerf because there was other nerfs and just say "well, eventually my balls will get used to being kicked". You're talking like a battered housewife.

Of course Warframe it's DE's game. Nobody here has implied, even for a second, that they're not in their full right to do whatever mess they feel like. However, this game is still a product they are offering to us in hopes we'll give them money, and as a consumer I have to complain when there's a mosquito carrying malaria on my soup. That's barely an argument. If you're in here to just tell everyone that DE will do what DE will do, then there's no reason for you to post at all, because DE has already told us that.

And nice finishing with the classic "if u dun lik it u shuld leav". I'm sure DE appreciates your blind and braindead commitment to them.

Just now, Gritzan said:

the vacuum range is bad, that's not up for discussion, it's a mathematical fact. For a superficial look, it's half of what it was before. With a slightly more in depth look, it's actually 0.125 of what it was before. It's a straight nerf, and whether or not all sentinels have a nerfed vacuum is not relevant to the fact that vacuum itself was nerfed.

I have just played the update with the """nerfed""" range, nothing has changed and the extra step is impossibly noticeable. SOooooo yeah, not nerfed.

2 minutes ago, Gritzan said:

Also, good job on your meaningless, vapid patronizing. You realize you could just click my profile to see what I started playing the game over a full year before you did, right? Of course, whether I started playing a couple weeks after closed beta or just a second ago is irrelevant.

Well cool, glad but sad someone who has played longer than me apparently still can't get used to changes being made in the game.

I still stand what I am saying. The range is hardly noticeable, especially with the update now being out, people need to stop crying nerf whenever something changes, and I shall repeat my "leave if you don't like" comment. :smile::wink:

1 minute ago, Meentlegen said:

Can't we just be happy that this is what we got instead of the 3-part precept idea they originally introduced? I mean, it at least proves that they're listening to our feedback. 

Only the parts they want to. Then they butcher it.

The current vacuum stuff is for sentinels. What about KUBROWS? KAVATS?

Edited by Data-Zero