Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finishing off Carrier's Must-have status. Remove the sentinel weapon mod restriction

Tails-san

Vacuum being usable by all sentinels definitely knocks Carrier off its must-use throne, which is good, but thanks to the fact that you cannot have the same mods on your sentinel's weapon and your Warframe's weapons, it's still something of a must-have, in order to acquire its weapon, Sweeper, which is the only sentinel weapon that can be equipped modded alongside most primary weapons in the game, assuming the user wants a full weapon loadout, and does not want to have to acquire and rank up duplicates (which gets more and more unreasonable to do as time goes on, with primed and event mods) of every weapon mod they wish to use.

The only thing this restriction does is make players feel restricted in which sentinel weapons they can use, with Sweeper as the only weapon usable when not using a shotgun, and Deth Machine Rifle, Stinger, Laser Rifle, and Vulklok as the only weapons usable when using a shotgun, with Burst Laser and Deconstructor effectively unusable.

You know what would be a better advantage than the Sweeper prime? The Vulklok, since it is insanely powerful and can snipe enemies across the map. Meanwhile you can use the current meta of Tigris prime and kill everything in front of you

Edited by (PS4)TheRainbowTurt1e

I'm sure there are others like me who simply don't use sentinel weapons at all.

Playing Ivara means my sentinel won't attack even with an attack precept and weapon equipped, and using a Helios means I would prefer my sentinel to prioritize scanning over everything else.

That said, I still have all of the sentinel weapons modded and haven't found it to be an issue. I have the Vulklok equipped at all times anyways, even if it will never be used.

Like all things in warframe, it may require a bit more investment just to get your second set of mods going, but it isn't that difficult. I run Vaykor Hek and Sweeper Prime nearly always.

Back in my day, you could only use the mods you had on a single weapon and warframe entirely! Had to manually swap everything anytime you wanted to use a frame or weapon that wasn't your main.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)TheRainbowTurt1e said:

You know what would be a better advantage than the Sweeper prime? The Vulklok, since it is insanely powerful and can snipe enemies across the map. Meanwhile you can use the current meta of Tigris prime and kill everything in front of you

Range of senti weapon doesn't depends on weapon but rather on his attacking skill.

I don't use Sweeper Prime that often. Prisma Burst Laser is ace, yo. It constantly fires and it can reach 60%+ status. I've found that, even on Carrier, I end up getting more status procs using it than with Sweeper Prime, leading to quite a few situations where I was hacking only to laugh at an enemy getting constantly blast/elec proc'd behind me after trying to sneak up on me.

18 hours ago, (PS4)TheRainbowTurt1e said:

Loved the sentinel sniper when it was released, only sentinel that made me abandon the high maintenance/power pets for a time. Now...now it's just painful to watch someone else use it and even more painful when it does actually sniper something rather than miss... Only to snipe that container 40m away...