The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 're-buff' to Vacuum actually made things worse

PrVonTuckIII

49 minutes ago, -InV-Skitz0 said:

Am I the only one who dose not give a crap about ammo mutation? I have ammo pizza restores for a reason, they are cheap as hell and I have the resources to build tens of thousands if I wished.

You are not part of this conversation.

This is about Min\maxers and people that follow them. They set what is the standard and what get parroted without second thought.

Your sensible solution to that issue means little when it's not the standard set.

1 minute ago, Urlan said:

I wouldn't call it one of the worst nerfs, as it still functioned to a state, and having the vacuum available to other sentinels without a mod was a good step; the problem is the unasked for nerf to the ability's range. I would think that with more fiddling or putting the ability innate to warframes, we might get a more ideal situation.

I like the idea of having it be a Warframe passive, this was my ideal solution to the problem as well, it also gives people who for some reason don't have access to a sentinel, or don't want to use it while leveling cause dem greedy besterds steal XP, a way of still having it, which seems good to me.

2 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

You are not part of this conversation.

This is about Min\maxers and people that follow them. They set what is the standard and what get parroted without second thought.

Your sensible solution to that issue means little when it's not the standard set.

Ya know, I don't really like ammo pizzas, they feel like a workaround solution to a bigger problem, ya spend time and resources to make a weapon more viable just so you don't have to use a weapon that is already viable, I would prefer that weapons that have higher ammo consumption, get bigger ammo pickups, having a Dex Sybaris that has a 210 mag and fires 20bps get only 20 ammo on a pickup is honestly terrible.

8 minutes ago, Urlan said:

I wouldn't call it one of the worst nerfs, as it still functioned to a state, and having the vacuum available to other sentinels without a mod was a good step; the problem is the unasked for nerf to the ability's range. I would think that with more fiddling or putting the ability innate to warframes, we might get a more ideal situation.

You wouldn't but I sure would/did. I hated the 6m range so much I wished I could materialize it's existence into real life just so I could punch it.

17 minutes ago, I-Am-MoMoJoJo said:

Carriers new ability isn't really that OP, basically all the best weapons at the moment have low ammo consumption, the only thing Carriers new ability does is make the less powerful weapons more viable (except for Amprex, dat OP), I can't really thing of a top tier weapon that would benefit from higher ammo efficiency, or faster firerate that doesn't remove a mod that isn't better (except of corse Amprex, but that things ammo consumption is so incredible that this wont help much).

Was supposed to be a sarcastic comment on OP's claims.

43 minutes ago, (PS4)rinneganadrian said:

"Exaggeration" because this isn't something that has happened before?

The Devs have touched on this subject before, in a joking manner, but it has happened before, it's sad to see this is becoming a norm amongst the community where a slight change to anything can result in a death threat directed at people not even directly involved.

Oh goodness... I can only imagine what is going throught the heads of the Devs... Its just because of something so stupid...

No joke guys, I JUST grabbed some hard licor I had here and drunk a cup, because thats the only way for me to try and understand that.

29 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

But... what if I almost never encounter ammo problems? And in the rare event that I do, I have plenty of Ammo Restores? Why would I care about Carrier then?

Yes, it's still a competent Sentinel, but there are situations where others might suit your needs better. Which was the entire point.

I'll ignore the meta-complaint of OP.

All I'd have to say is that, Carrier matters a lot more due to his increased survivability.

Once DE buffs other Sentinels and their tankiness, then we can actually have some variation in Sentinels.

11 minutes ago, I-Am-MoMoJoJo said:

Sarcasm doesn't come out well on text, didn't realize that you didn't think Carriers new ability is OP, mostly because the ammount of people that do seem to be very high.

True enough.Then again, there were clues. The quotation marks on "OP", the "lol" and then there's my previous post.

1 minute ago, ZeroSample said:

True enough.Then again, there were clues. The quotation marks on "OP", the "lol" and then there's my previous post.

Yeah, it's no OP, but it is a nice, niche upgrade for high rate of fire weapons. It's great with the Synoid Gammacor, for instance.

1 hour ago, PrVonTuckIII said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So first, I just want to point out that there's zero reason to make thank-you threads for buffing Vacuum. People literally threatened them until they gave in. We should be ashamed, not happy with ourselves and them. They tried to make things better, and because of our childishness, the balance is worse than what it was.

On topic, the whole point of the Vacuum nerf was to ensure that the playerbase actually used something other than Carrier/Prime. With the nerf, there was actually some tiny reason to use something other than that Sentinel.

And then of course, players decided to throw a fit and make death threats to DE, and so they did the logical thing, and changed it so that every Sentinel had the original Precept.

Sounds great except now Carrier has both the ammo mutation, increased ammo capacity buff, and Vacuum. Which firmly puts it a nautical mile ahead of the competition, if they could be called that anymore.

So this is where's it's at? We whine, we rage, we threaten, and now the balance is even worse than when it started? This is what we wanted from the Vacuum changes?

Man (and all who + this). We have Carrier who have ammo stuff versus all other sentinels who have some crowd control, scan and damage buff, invis and other things. This is a part about balance.

Vacuum have all of them. This is not even should be mention in balance related tread.

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

Yeah, it's no OP, but it is a nice, niche upgrade for high rate of fire weapons. It's great with the Synoid Gammacor, for instance.

Actually extra ammo for that sounds pretty good, I almost never use that thing because 30 seconds and its gone (kinda 4got about it actually) XD, now I wanna test that and see if it's at least semi viable now.

1 hour ago, PrVonTuckIII said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So first, I just want to point out that there's zero reason to make thank-you threads for buffing Vacuum. People literally threatened them until they gave in. We should be ashamed, not happy with ourselves and them. They tried to make things better, and because of our childishness, the balance is worse than what it was.

I want to kill myself now

1. If death threats were made, that person or those people need to be permabanned and reported to the FBI if in the US. That is not okay.

2. I think the vacuum-as-precept is the best way to do it, personally, because the shorter range did make glitched stuff harder to get, but the larger range was not DE wanted without a cost, which is fine. Now I also have more reason to test Helios and Djinn and see if they're better than Wyrm Prime.

Just now, I-Am-MoMoJoJo said:

As far as I'm aware (correct me if I'm wrong) they were sent directly to DE Rebecca.

That's depressing. I understand hate and rants...But DEATH THREATS? People need to god damn re-evaluate their sad lives. I hope Rebecca is ok

I, for one, was slightly angry that they nerfed the range, but I was just like "Meh" about it

Just now, NGSBRReAPeR said:

That's depressing. I understand hate and rants...But DEATH THREATS? People need to god damn re-evaluate their sad lives. I hope Rebecca is ok

I, for one, was slightly angry that they nerfed the range, but I was just like "Meh" about it

The update itself made me want to rant about it but yea, death threats are not okay, it's a game, not a concentration camp, I think Rebecca will be okay though, I'm pretty sure PR people are aware that they may have to deal with something like that here and there, death threats are more common than people think.

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

Sentinels do need to be a bit tankier, alright. 

Primed Versions of sentinels have been good buffs (Except the conversion of 50% of Wyrm's health being turned into shields) and with the introduction of shield gates (Which would basically replace armor + mods for Shield frames/sentinels) it will make shields much more viable (I'm hoping it makes something like a 2s Invulnerability period or something)