The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I think Mission Builder is one of the most outstanding things DE has revealed all year.

Brynslustafir

People regularly complain about how everything requires grind, and puts you at mercy of the RNG. Especially in the case of rare mod farming, I have had occasions when the RNG drove me to the fringe of insanity. I believe it took me somewhere around 11 hours of Phobos survival mission to finally get one of the poison mods when the element was first released. 

"So just imagine the difference that such a user-friendly addition as a Mission builder could make. Oh, you and others are having a hard time getting that stance mod you want? Tell your warlord so he can make you a mission full of the enemy that drops it."

"Oh, Draco's been neutered and you need a good grind-spot? here's a survival mission that should get your new gear up to rank 30 before you can say GG."

It's such a change of pace from the monotony of Warframes hard-set "bash your skull against the wall and see what breaks first" type of random chance that permeated almost the entire game at one point, and it's refreshing to say the least. 

Between the void rework, universal sentinel Vacuum via Mod and this, it really feels like DE is watching and considering what the community has to say more than ever before, and I'm very happy to see that. 

TL/DR: DE listens, and we need to appreciate it. 

Just now, (PS4)Tenchi145 said:

Uhhh..no its not gonna be like that. They already stated that as well. They don't want people making missions full of say oxium bots. Don't get too happy.

I'm not saying it's a Be-all -End-all solution to get whatever you want, but it is a step in the right direction to me. 

And I'm simply happy to see it. 

If they limit rewards I honestly wonder what's the point.

Warframe is a reward-based game, if the custom missions have reduced rewards nobody's gonna bother with them.

It's going to be reduced into a niche feature for benchmarking builds or whatever.

5 minutes ago, Shifted said:

Warframe is a reward-based game, if the custom missions have reduced rewards nobody's gonna bother with them.

It's going to be reduced into a niche feature for benchmarking builds or whatever.

Fun? I thought WF was meant to be played for fun?

38 minutes ago, Plasmaface said:

Oh, you and others are having a hard time getting that stance mod you want? Tell your warlord so he can make you a mission full of the enemy that drops it.

Yeah, they pretty much addressed this exact possibility, and said that there would be limits to prevent that.

But I'm really excited for it, not because of any farming possibilities, but because I think it'll be enormous fun. I'd like a level 80 mission filled entirely with bursas and manic bombards, please. And make it a survival!

2 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Yeah, they pretty much addressed this exact possibility, and said that there would be limits to prevent that.

But I'm really excited for it, not because of any farming possibilities, but because I think it'll be enormous fun. I'd like a level 80 mission filled entirely with bursas and manic bombards, please. And make it a survival!

if a bursa stand in ur line of fire and behind him there's a bombard...in a hallway....good luck xD

23 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:
29 minutes ago, Shifted said:

Fun? I thought WF was meant to be played for fun?

Man, I hate to point this out, but most people who play warframe really hate the idea of "playing for fun." You can tell by all the "there's no reason to do long survival missions" threads. It makes me sad.

1 minute ago, Sirfol said:

if a bursa stand in ur line of fire and behind him there's a bombard...in a hallway....good luck xD

If I don't lose the first time then it wasn't hard enough! The level may need to be bumped up a bit.  :)

35 minutes ago, Shifted said:

It won't be reward-restricted, it will be DROP LIMITED, which is totally different, it means XP, mods and resources from the mission could be reduced. They literally showed NOTHING about the rewards of the mission if you watch the devstream, so it's anyones guess what they will do with it. It has the potential to be a full exploit or a slightly unused feature, but they already expected that, making it Warlord Only.

12 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

lets see

eximus roller bolls lvl 250? my exp farm sense is tingling

BRING OOOOON THE MEAT BALLS!

4 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Man, I hate to point this out, but most people who play warframe really hate the idea of "playing for fun." You can tell by all the "there's no reason to do long survival missions" threads. It makes me sad.

Survival is not fun, it is not and was never played for fun. It was played for the rewards. It was tedious, slow, technical, and one mistake could doom the party. That made it interesting, which is something similar to fun but not quite. DE will provide us with a tool to make our challenges reality without having to nerf our builds.

I am very wary of the problems it could bring, and it will most probably have from the start, but for an idea, it is a very good one, as said above, a step on the right direction.

1 minute ago, GDSK-NXS said:

Survival is not fun, it is not and was never played for fun. It was played for the rewards.

You mean for you. Many, many people find it fun. I find it fun. My friends find it fun, We still do void survivals for fun.

If you think that survival is only played for the rewards and not for fun, then what mission is fun? Do you play any mission just for fun?

Slightly disgusted that some people want it to be a personal win-the-game or lootbox mission, so they can cheese for easy rare rewards. Just play the thing for fun and expect rewards to be secondary.

As for what missions i'll make? All Sentients VS. players allied with Warframe Specters -- Old War reenactments!

i dont want or need it, i have no time and motivation to think about ...

warframe is expensive enough, spoken in RL terms, im not interested in creating whatever by the values DE get in real cash, honestly

im playing warframe for its grafical design and DEVELOPMENT, even that i have given up thinking about the development, i simply dont understand it anymore and have not the capacity to think about, i need my mind for creating, keeping and running my life and cashflow and playing warframe should be a chillout effect instead of moving me into continous stress with the development ... ^^)

i hope DE doesnt loose more ground and remember the "real cash playing and paying "friends of DE" also called adult customers, i hope i can loose the feeling being left lonely by DE in this high sensitive case as soon as possible, as well as i have this feeling steady growing since around a year, im pleased again on this place here for a change

im not a fanboy, im a realcash-customer and -player ... dont forget us, DE ...

Edited by Guest

Just now, textural_being said:

warframe is expensive enough, spoken in RL terms, im not interested in creating whatever by the values DE get in real cash, honestly

im playing warframe for its grafical design and DEVELOPMENT, even that i have given up thinking about the development, i simply dont understand it anymore and have not the capacity to think about, i need my mind for creating, keeping and running my life and cashflow ^^)

i hope DE doesnt losse ground to remember the "real cash playing and paying "friends of DE" also called adult customers, i hope i can losse the feeling being left lonely by DE in this high sensitive case, as well as i have this feeling steady growing since around a year, im pleased again for a change

I don't understand any of this. When did cash come into this? We aren't paying for it, you know. Why does it matter that you are a "real cash customer?" I pay money too, but I don't think that has anything to do with this subject.

21 minutes ago, textural_being said:

im playing warframe for its grafical design and DEVELOPMENT, even that i have given up thinking about the development, i simply dont understand it anymore and have not the capacity to think about, i need my mind for creating, keeping and running my life and cashflow ^^)

i hope DE doesnt losse ground to remember the "real cash playing and paying "friends of DE" also called adult customers, i hope i can losse the feeling being left lonely by DE in this high sensitive case, as well as i have this feeling steady growing since around a year, im pleased again for a change

Nothing you said here has anything to do with a mission builder at all.

Most of us here have paid cash at one point or another be it for Prime Access, some Tennogen stuff or a bit of Plat, that doesn't make us any more important.