Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bursa Strategies

(XBOX)KC9EYE

Question

Hello, just trying to get some tips or new strategies for defeating bursa's solo. To this point, the only viable strategy I have that works is Mag's magnetize, and just let it wreck itself. Otherwise, I literally have not been able to defeat one solo. I usually just end up running out of ammo. For the Hyena pack on Neptune I avoided them and defeated the pack and never could kill a bursa. I just left them and ran. Should a mob character really be more difficult to defeat than the boss? I mean; I have an effective strategy as long as I have the energy, but I would really like to run other frames than mag on Neptune and Pluto. Looking for ideas. Thanks.

12 answers to this question

You can use Atlas to landslide them to death, or put them to sleep with Ivara's sleep arrow and hammer them with volleys from the artemis bow (you'll have to put them to sleep a couple of times, I found, but they won't wake up immediately after being hit).

Jump over it. Shoot it in the back. If it's turning too fast, use some sort of CC, dropkick, or invisibility.

The main thing to keep in mind is that they're tanky. If shooting them in the back isn't working for you, consider your damage types-- they have armor, but they also have shields. You will have to choose between Toxin and Corrosive.

If changing up damage types isn't working, perhaps your weapons, themselves are too weak? If that isn't the problem then perhaps your mods need to finish being ranked.

Any cc skill will work. But honestly Bursa are very easy to kill I don't even use cc skills most of the time (obviously it helps) but just either shoot them from the front or bullet jump behind them and one shot them is what I always do fighting them. near higher leveled bursa I do use cc skills because I don't want to be killed 

If you ever blind, confuse, distract  or stun them, get behind them and shoot them. Melee does extra damage if they're blind. 

Take advantage of any survivability your frames have. 

Slap radiation on a weapon and irradiate an entire room. Get behind them and nuke them.

----------

Ash - Smokescreen to stun them briefly and become invisible. Teleport to instantly appear behind them.

Atlas - Petrify to freeze them entirely. Landslide to spam them to death.

Banshee - Walk in and out of silence range, keeping them stunned.

Chroma - Distract them with Effigy, shoot them from behind.

Ember - Spam Accelerant every time they try to move, shoot them from behind.

Equinox - Put them to sleet with Rest. Slow them by 80% with Pacify.

Excaibur - Radial Blind to blind them.

Frost - Freeze to freeze them entirely. Ice Wave Impudence augment to drastically reduce their movement and turning speed. Snow Globe to drastically slow them, Chilling Globe to potentially freeze them. Avalanche to freeze them entirely. 

Hydroid - Undertow, move behind them, shoot them, whilst reloading, Undertow again, move behind them, etc. They replay their activation animation every time they come out of Undertow, allowing concecutive casts to cause complete immobilization.

Inaros - Desiccation to blind them. Tap Devour to lock them in place. Discharge Scarab Swarm to lock them in place.

Ivara - Sleep arrow to sleep them forever. Cloak arrow to walk behind them. Prowl to walk behind them. Artemis Bow to the back.

Limbo - Banish them till you're ready to take them on, potentially irradiate a random enemy to distract them.

Loki - Decoy to distract them briefly. Invisibility to walk behind them. Switch Teleport them off a cliff. Irradiated Disarm augment to confuse them into attacking random enemies. 

Mag - Magnetize them, as you said.

Mesa - Shooting Gallery to stun them, walk behind them. Peacemaker can DPS them down.

Mirage - Prism to blind them. 

Nekros - Terrify causes them to run away. Creeping Terrify causes them to run away very slowly with reduced armor. Shadows of the Dead to distract them.

Nezha - Activate Firewalker and run in circles near them, fire proc completely immobilizes them.

Nova - Molecular Prime for 80% slow, walk behind them.

Nyx - Mind Control to turn it into an ally, optionally, whilst it's an ally, shoot it in the back, once you un-control them or the timer expires, all the damage you did will be dealt to them as an enemy. Chaos to confuse them into attacking random enemies.

Oberon - Smite or Reckoning to apply radiation procs, to confuse them into attacking random enemies.

Rhino - Rhino Stomp completely immobilizes them.

Saryn - Molt to distract them.

Titania - Fly directly above them in Razorwing form, they can't shoot up. If you get close enough to them, they'll attempt to spam ground knockdowns, which won't effect you and will stop them attempting to shoot you.

Trinity - Well of Life completely immobilizes them.

Valkyr - Warcry drastically reduces their speed.

Vauban - Bastille completely immobilizes them.

Volt - Shock completely immobilizes them. Discharge stuns them, duration depends on nearby enemies.

Wukong - Cloudwalker allows you to get behind them easily.

Zephyr - Tornado stunlocks them with stagger.

----------

Probably more I didn't think of. Plenty of weapons also allow crowd control effects. 

Edited by Voidforged

You said run out of anmo? Sounds like your weapon isn't powerful enough to take it down outright ya? 

Else the standard way with any frames or weapons is to get close n shoot at its back. Get close so it won't use range attack, avoid the ground slam by jumping if you see it raising the front shield getting ready to ground slam. 

Frost does make it easy because he can freeze the bursa and just attack from behind. 

It's surprising you can defeat hyena pack but a single bursa. You don't run out of ammo for hyena pack? Considering the hyenas and bursa have similar amount of health.