The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My counter to the melee problem

(PSN)Xx-Ribbium-xX

Every time I suggest a good fix for melee people don't seem to like it so now I'm just gonna post my way of dealing with how over powered channeling melee is.

first off you need Mesa, rhino or chroma (Mesa works best) then you will need a high damage weapon that works at long range (snipers or weapons like the grinlok or latron) then use your abilities that amplify damage 

target the scum and quickly kill them before they have a chance to button mash at the speed of light making it impossible to hit them

if you have chosen Mesa bait the scum into slamming or into targeting a teammate then activate peacemaker and 4 shot the disgusting excuse for pvp players.

best things about peacemaker:

it can't be deflected by blocking 

it can shoot through abilities like snow globe, volts shield and limbos rift

with this tactic learned the scum will need to learn how to shoot or get annihilated

I like playing as melee only in conclave (though I prefer the Machete due to high non-channeled damage). So when I kill you by, not spamming, but outplaying you, don't complain about how melee is broken. You have the ranged advantage. As long as I can't get near you, you have a massive advantage over me.

In addition, you also have the option of melee. If I get close, whip out your stabby-stick and fight me in fisticuffs. If you got any ranged hits you'll most likely win the fight.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

I'm just gonna post my way of dealing with how over powered channeling melee is.

I don't say this often against someone's concerns of something being OP but you do have access to this mechanic as well.  If you are constantly being taken down by melee perhaps it is time to learn their maneuvers and turn it against them.

The only real advantages in pvp are fps and skill, only one of these is something you can do anything about.  I don't play pvp all that much but I do read patch notes and DE is quite comfortable with nerfing damage of weapons/abilities that are being to obscene.

5 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

I don't say this often against someone's concerns of something being OP but you do have access to this mechanic as well.  If you are constantly being taken down by melee perhaps it is time to learn their maneuvers and turn it against them.

The only real advantages in pvp are fps and skill, only one of these is something you can do anything about.  I don't play pvp all that much but I do read patch notes and DE is quite comfortable with nerfing damage of weapons/abilities that are being to obscene.

They buffed instead nerfing. Which is fine by me, This crush buff too great for me. And loki nerfs

6 hours ago, (XB1)Woofsie said:

You have the ranged advantage. As long as I can't get near you, you have a massive advantage over me.

In addition, you also have the option of melee. If I get close, whip out your stabby-stick and fight me in fisticuffs. If you got any ranged hits you'll most likely win the fight.

Oh I have the ranged advantage? Not when one of those melee players hold down block and can hit me and stagger me while they're on the ground and I'm in the Air 

i shouldn't have to devolve into that method of combat I have a gun, and you have a glow stick

10 hours ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

how over powered channeling melee is.

It's not. Requires proper energy usage. Also it uses Energy, which means you have to choose between dealing actual damage and casting abilities.

kill them before they have a chance to button mash at the speed of light making it impossible to hit them

So far the only button mash comes from Hammers RMB which lacks a "combo stop hit" at the end and Polearms... when a stance is not equiped, considering proper melee combat revolves around combos unstances polearm are more of a gunplayer tool.

it can't be deflected by blocking

Though there is Stand Ground mod that reduces ability damage by 60% while blocking.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Yup but I'm not a scumbag so I don't channel with melee I shoul need to bring out a melee weapon to kill a Loki that zips across the map when low on health I shouldn't need to fire my latron 15 times at a Loki because blocking is that effective against guns

Blocking isn't that effective, at best it makes a 2/3 shot gun kill in 4/6 and that's on tanky frames, not on Loki. Loki is also a rare melee choice as super bulletjump spam isn't that good on melee, most melee players pick something with average Mobility and good EHP.

I'm kinda surprised no one has mentioned how Frost's passive mitigates melee by ice proc'ing the attacker. What about standing inside a Frost Snowglobe while a melee tries to attack? At the same time, Trin Link is 100% anti-melee because they end up doing tons of damage to themselves. AOE weapon damage goes right through blocks and reflects. This is all not to mention that blocking does nothing to stop warframe powers with CC like stagger and knockdown.

Ember's fire ring or even ult, Oberon carpet or ult, Iron Skin and Hex Armor produce tons of resistance, Warding Halo...ya know...I think there are a ton of options that are super effective against melee.

If the chief complaint is that a gun-purist cannot defeat a melee player in close quarters, then I think that's good. Melee should win in close quarters. Guns have the open areas, melee has the closed areas, and making players adjust to changing situations in the arena is a good design.

I do have to say, though, that this conversation needs to stay civil and respectful. I believe calling names and such is punished on these forums and this thread seems to be skimming some fine lines.

Guest Pun-chee
3 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Add to that list Nova's passive knockdonw when she's knocked down.

Antimatter Mine (Novas #2 Augment) is also pretty funny against melee players!

And the "Anti-melee Queen" is Zephyr.

16 hours ago, Nighttide77 said:

This is all not to mention that blocking does nothing to stop warframe powers with CC like stagger and knockdown.

Blocking maybe, but heavy weapons user cannot be staggered while they doing the combo....i mean spam melee, sorry... EXCEPT by other melee attack

I know this from experience, tried to stagger melee spammer by slash dash, radial blind, soul punch didnt even do the job.

Edited by (PS4)ATreidezz

2 hours ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

Blocking maybe, but heavy weapons user cannot be staggered while they doing the combo....i mean spam melee, sorry... EXCEPT by other melee attack

I know this from experience, tried to stagger melee spammer by slash dash, radial blind, soul punch didnt even do the job.

Oh, forgot heavy melee might have had stagger resist while attacking like it has in PvE. Thanks for the reminder.