Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, here is a possible solution to fix Telos Boltace.

EmptyDevil

One possible way to fix this weapon is to make it so that it can only shoot projectiles if you're in melee mode AND channeling while performing a slide attack. It should consume energy every time a player launches the projectiles.

This should solve the macro-and-forget problem this weapon has because of it's power and lack of drawbacks.

4 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Didnt realize it was broken.

Oh yeah. Room-wide guaranteed, armor ignoring slash procs, no energy cost on life strike, ability to get high status that can CC the entire room, super mobility, destruction of sapping osprey mines and bombard missiles... Nah, weapon's fine. Nothing wrong with it at all.

Easier solution is to just make the wave not be affected by range mods. Leave it as a smaller, PBAoE. It still retains its identity but it no longer becomes as ridiculous as it is now.

17 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Oh yeah. Room-wide guaranteed, armor ignoring slash procs, no energy cost on life strike, ability to get high status that can CC the entire room, super mobility, destruction of sapping osprey mines and bombard missiles... Nah, weapon's fine. Nothing wrong with it at all.

Easier solution is to just make the wave not be affected by range mods. Leave it as a smaller, PBAoE. It still retains its identity but it no longer becomes as ridiculous as it is now.

I havent used it yet, calm down?

Although theres a lot of room clearing weapons. Slash procs are their own issue, not really telos boltaces, and uhh, i have no problem with something that can destroy sapping osprey mines. Why is there no energy cost on lifestrike? Channeling slide attacks don't cost energy or? I thought they fixed that forever ago.

*EDIT* Okay i tried it, the slash procs do negligible damage. Not sure why that was even thrown as an argument. The range coupled with the slide attack damage seems to be what's powering this monster weapon.

Edited by Skaleek

7 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

I would consider that a bandaid or incomplete fix. It needs to be brought down to fall inline with the rest of the weapons. Everything else can only use it's passive while in melee mode, so this one needs to function that way too.

Just now, EmptyDevil said:

I would consider that a bandaid or incomplete fix. It needs to be brought down to fall inline with the rest of the weapons. Everything else can only use it's passive while in melee mode, so this one needs to function that way too.

Bandaid? No. Incomplete? Yes.

But I didn't even register it not working without it out, even though I know it does. Yeah, making it require holding the weapon is perfectly reasonable.

or maybe

make all weapons being able to use charge atack

and make life strike use energy as it should for telos special atack?

why dont make the special atack of telos tied with the charge atack just like the other weapons?

meanwhile in chroma s world

elemental ward with 5m range atack not being affected by range mods

Edited by Tsoe

3 minutes ago, Monsterwithin said:

Actually, they fixed that, now it consumes energy when you do a spin while channeling.

Nerf team never test anything, they even somehow "CC the entire room" despite the fact that spin wave attack can only proc slash status.

There is also already a line of sight put into the telos boltace. If it is behind an enemy, cover, or anything, the wave hits nothing. Now, the boltace is really good for looting and collecting. Otherwise, its back to simulor. Pick your poison.

43 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

...make it so that it can only shoot projectiles if you're in melee mode...

This detail in particular (weapon must be equipped to receive the spin attack benefit) is something you can expect to test out / play with the next deployment. Further review will follow!

5 minutes ago, ograzzt said:

Nerf team never test anything, they even somehow "CC the entire room" despite the fact that spin wave attack can only proc slash status.

We never test anything? You sure about that? Because I'm getting blast procs everywhere with it. But, y'know, some people like how their foot tastes and who am I to judge?

13 minutes ago, Monsterwithin said:

Actually, they fixed that, now it consumes energy when you do a spin while channeling.

Wrong. It's currently inconsistent. I just did 9 syndicate medallion hunts without stopping the channeling and never once had an energy drop. It only uses energy if you connect with the weapon directly. The wave consumes nothing.

3 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

We never test anything? You sure about that? Because I'm getting blast procs everywhere with it. But, y'know, some people like how their foot tastes and who am I to judge?

Wrong. It's currently inconsistent. I just did 9 syndicate medallion hunts without stopping the channeling and never once had an energy drop. It only uses energy if you connect with the weapon directly. The wave consumes nothing.

Your problem with both cases is obvious - attacking with wave isn't the ame as atacking with weapon itself.

Edited by ograzzt

1 minute ago, Lucernam said:

Why is the forum's solution to everything nerf this, nerf that? Isn't part of the fun of this game being an OP space ninja who fells all foes before him/her?

I don't know if you watch or read One Punch Man, but Saitama(the main protagonist) is OP in every sense of the word and doesn't like it so much -- makes his life boring that he can't find a challenge. Being ridiculously powerful/unbeatable in games makes it very boring and stagnant pretty quickly, like Saitama's dilemma.

32 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

I have found that if you're the host then all your channeling is for free on the special spin attacks. If you are a client then it costs energy to channel for the special spin attacks.

Anyway, I see the weapon as more of an ayatan star finder than a replacement for my Atterax since the special spin attack doesn't increase your combo meter coupled with annoying Line-of-Sight requirements for non-object entities.

But hey, the one thing it does beat my Atterax in is looks...just wish whips got an alternative holster placement so I'm not always hiding it away from clashing with my syandanas...coiled hip-whips please!~

1 minute ago, Laisha said:

I have found that if you're the host then all your channeling is for free on the special spin attacks.

Tried just now in solo - energy was taken as it should.

And it seems it can proc non slash statuses now, which is good, but it can be host/client related too.

37 minutes ago, ograzzt said:

Tried just now in solo - energy was taken as it should.

And it seems it can proc non slash statuses now, which is good, but it can be host/client related too.

Just tried it solo, it doesn't take energy.

Are you certain you're doing it right..?

Oh, and it has always done slash procs and non-slash procs(I use viral on mine and have seen viral procs on it occasionally when I am both host and client).

Edited by Laisha

12 minutes ago, Laisha said:

Just tried it solo, it doesn't take energy.

Are you certain you're doing it right..?

Oh, and it has always done slash procs and non-slash procs(I use viral on mine and have seen viral procs on it occasionally when I am both host and client).

Was you injured when you tried it?

Also it never proced other statuses for me before, at least 1-2 weeks ago, I remember it because I tried to make a gas build, but it didn't worked at the time.