Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer

thiccfinn

3 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Mr. Lvl 100 Bombard says "Hello"...

...as he one-shots you from across the room.

Still better than getting swarmed by an army of Techs, Nullifiers, Bursas, Sapping Ospreys and Scrambus units.

One was bad enough. But... It happens.

*Shudders at the thought*

Edited by X3Evanescence

I gotta agree, I love those mostly psychotic clone troopers too.

They're my favorite faction to fight against and alongside of.

Much better allies than the Corpus, imo. =p

In Invasions where I am allied with the Grineer I always enjoy watching them bring the hurt to the Corpus.

So much so that the last time I had a really interesting support squad I took a screenshot to remember them by, haha

7B2084185BFFC88A15CA05B61DB8D88EB93ABBB5 (1680×1050)

5 minutes ago, X3Evanescence said:

Still better than getting swarmed by an army of Techs, Nullifiers, Bursas, Sapping Ospreys and Scrambus units.

On the plus side, you can see your impending death coming. In the case of the Bombard, he may creep up on you and shoot you from behind (the coward!).

Edited by (PS4)abbacephas

2 hours ago, X3Evanescence said:

One was bad enough. But... It happens.

*Shudders at the thought*

Being swarmed by robots and crewmen is actually OK. They never attack me.

sadly they don't love you (or any of us here) because we're Tenno Skoom.

funnily enough the Grineer don't care about looks: they'll flaunt their rotten skin, and they'll design everything with really large ugly tumour shapes and drab colours, as long as it works, they truly don't give a damn. their weapons are certainly fun, a nice mix of future weaponry (Nukor, Buzlok) with some classics (Flamethrowers, lever actions) that show they feel somewhat nostalgic for the wars of old. their ships seem to be heavily polluted and irradiated, full of exposed power sources and loud industrial machinery mixed with artillery.  Ceres takes that and amps it to 11, and the Meteor bases are the same. they also poison the earth and drill the sands for oil.

hmm.. now that I think about it, present day humans have a lot in common with the Grineer. for all we know, Vay Hek may actually be Donald Trump in a few thousand years...

4 minutes ago, Magneu said:

I ride motorcycles (well, will when my broken arm recovers from a recent wreck), and would pay mega money for a Grineer Lancer motorcycle helmet.

An obscene amount of money.

You could probably make your own.

Just now, Magneu said:

Would be difficult to get it to DOT standards. Plus, the eye-holes would be horrible for vision...on second thought. maybe just as a Halloween costume would be good.

Unless you modify an existing DOT approved helmet.

10 minutes ago, Magneu said:

Would be difficult to get it to DOT standards. Plus, the eye-holes would be horrible for vision...on second thought. maybe just as a Halloween costume would be good.

Isn't there like, sieve fabric? Full of lots of holes so that close up you can see through it, but from a distance you can't.

13 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Isn't there like, sieve fabric? Full of lots of holes so that close up you can see through it, but from a distance you can't.

Problem would be I would only have eyeholes. Gotta have full field of vision, as well as full-face, cause grinding your chin off on pavement sounds like it sucks.

12 minutes ago, Nocam said:

Post progression pictures.

That would require capital I currently...don't have. Maybe next year when the doctor says I can ride again lol

. . . But like what Salad 5 would say when Harvy captures you ;

Spoiler

"Tenno , Tenno! There's an entire Grineer battalion here to rescue you! Your friends must really appreciate your support! Wait, no, I'm mistaken. You're alone with no weapons, and no friends. Silly me."

" The Grineer are a threat to us all. You need to understand the error of your ways. Consider my efforts... a favor, yes."

2 hours ago, Azurian-Draguard said:

Tenno , Tenno! There's an entire Grineer battalion here to rescue you! Your friends must really appreciate your support

I would love to see this. If Zanuka captures you, and you've done enough invasions siding with the Grineer, the Escape mission involves a Grineer unit coming to help save you.