Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dedicated Conclave Servers

[DE]Drew

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure, but except for the first one, the following issues might not be things that fall in your "jurisdiction"? These are not new (quoted post is from May), but I thought I'd ask here anyway:

On 2021-05-18 at 12:43 AM, Kontrollo said:

Three not-so-new problems that I think have not been reported yet. I guess people were just hoping they'd get fixed with one of these patches after the last big update:

• It's not possible to start private lobbies if there is an open, reachable dedicated server in the region. It'll automatically connect to that instead.
    And that means the game will be public -- although I guess no one has tested it with a limited (Clan/Alliance) dedicated server.

• There are now short freezes when new people load into a running game. It can happen when they change loadouts, as well.

• Models flickering and a delayed start-of-match announcement.

The second one with the short freezes is the really bothersome one. Reportedly also happens in the Simulacrum with several players and someone switching weapons. Although I have not tested that myself, yet.

The third one is very weird and I'm not sure how it's reproducible or if it has been at least partially fixed yet. From what I heard, the delayed announcement and the flickers might be related.

Here's an example: https://gfycat.com/tensewellinformedhorseshoebat

And here's another weird thing that may or may not have the same cause (round start announcement is delayed, as well), a quickly repeating effect trigger FX: https://gfycat.com/whimsicalthriftyalligatorsnappingturtle

Hey,

Thanks for reporting. How not-so-new are these? :) To be perfectly honest, with TennoCon around the corner, it's unlikely I'll be able to take a proper look anytime very soon, but I'll add these to my list!

1 hour ago, maciejs said:

Hey,

Thanks for reporting. How not-so-new are these? :) To be perfectly honest, with TennoCon around the corner, it's unlikely I'll be able to take a proper look anytime very soon, but I'll add these to my list!

That was quick. 😀

And yes of course, no rush. The people here know Conclave is hardly on the radar anymore, and I guess with the recent update and the upcoming things you guys are very busy at the moment.

So I've been talking to others and asking around:

1) Private lobbies to dedicated servers: not sure, but there's this thread (made: 2020-11-26):

Spoiler

2) Freezes on join/loadout swap: Probably since Update 29.10. It was mentioned that was "Railjack Retrofit" which I guess had these changes. Some people also mentioned the "ensmallening" updates, although in the 29.10 patch notes there's only a section about sound changes.

Besides, someone mentioned that freezes could happen even before that with a slow host (for a long time already), but only when people join, not when switching loadouts.

3) Weird flickers/delayed round start message: no idea yet, I'll keep asking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bother again, but I had a few questions regarding logging recently:

• Would it be possible for some extra logging to take place in Lunaro and Cephalon Capture to denote when some kind of scoring happens?
    • e.g. "Player ABC scored a goal",  "Player XYZ captured the Cephalon", etc
  • This was mentioned in a bug megathread, but I figured I'd ask here if I'm already posting: how is it possible for someone to have a "Kills" stat in the end-of-round stats in Lunaro? I encountered a case where someone had 2 kills at the end of the round, but no one had any deaths, and there were no individual log messages denoting someone dying
    • e.g.

2347.486 Game [Info]: ** Mission stats:
      2347.486 Game [Info]: Team: 0
      2347.486 Game [Info]: (redacted)-- kills: 0, deaths: 0, mechanics: 6
      2347.487 Game [Info]: (redacted) -- kills: 2, deaths: 0, mechanics: 1
      2347.487 Game [Info]: Team: 1
      2347.488 Game [Info]: (redacted) -- kills: 0, deaths: 0, mechanics: 0
      2347.488 Game [Info]: (redacted) -- kills: 0, deaths: 0, mechanics: 2
      2347.488 Game [Info]: * Mission stats

• Just for clarification, what does the "Mechanics" stat in the end-of-round logging represent? I used to think it was just abilities and special kills (i.e. sliding or headshots), but I'm not so sure

I can take a look at adding logging. Didn't really work on the UI side of Lunaro, but reading the code, we 'reuse' some other stats, more specifically we use mechanics, kills, and deaths stats for goals, passes, and interceptions respectively.

Thank you for that quick response!

That makes sense for Lunaro . I figured it was something like that, just wasn't sure what each value actually was.

Sorry to ask for you to dig some more, but for other game modes (FFA, TA, CTC), what does Mechanics represent? I'm assuming for CTC it might be captures based on Lunaro's case

Hey, thanks a lot for the fix!

With the latest patch a few days ago, I haven't seen or heard of anyone who still encounters the freezes mentioned some weeks ago (of course on PC only, so far).

Having a smooth ride again for whole matches is great. 👍

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been seeing some crashes since the 12th, with it seeming to increase in frequency as of the 14th

It seems like it's been limited to FFA (primarily elo 2, but at least one instance of elo 0), though that could very well just be a result of that server type getting more traffic.

I didn't get all the error codes, but these are the latest two I was seeing with the accompanying error. Checking all the old logs since this started, the crash is ultimately the same error (Out of Memory), though different scripts in some cases. It looks like the heap is gradually growing in size over time until it reaches ~4GB usage, and then fails. I've emailed you some log samples of this. Let me know if you need anything else

WAR-3251231
WAR-3251233

Sys [Info]:
Error [Info]: Failed to allocate 176 bytes (Internal)
Sys [Error]:
Sys [Error]: Working Set:       4,374,437,888 / 4,393,226,240
Sys [Error]:
Sys [Error]: Heap Size:         4,289,594,896 / 4,292,935,680
Sys [Error]: Heap Allocs:          34,369,961
Sys [Error]: Heap Segments:                16
Sys [Error]:
Sys [Error]: Buckets:                   Bytes / Allocs
Error [Info]:
8418.720 Error [Info]: Assert: (Out of Memory)

Application error messages:
ConclaveCape.lua
InitCapeEffects
ConclaveCape.lua
InitCapeEffects
ConclaveCape.lua
InitCapeEffects
ConclaveCape.lua
InitCapeEffects

I've done cache verification and optimization, had a single instance running as a stability test but it looks like a patch hit and killed it. Good news is it didn't crash between start and patch time which was an hour or so. I'll try to keep a closer eye on things, I hadn't checked for crashed instances in quite some time and there were almost 200 more that I just force-killed instead of submitting.

Archived