Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Team Synergy

(PSN)KwGeek77

Question

So I was thinking, we all have played in Squads of either 2, 3 or 4 players, An I was wondering what sort of warframe team ups do you think go Natural well together?

What warfames do you thing best complement each other, in things like play style, Powers and so forth.

To give an example that I think might work out well, a team up between an Excalibur and a  Nekros. My thinking is that the Excalibur slices and dices the Enemy and then Nekros uses Desecrate, an from what I read online, if you perform  Desecrate on one enemy corpse that has been sliced in two, you get double the Drops. (again I read online but can not confirm if it's true or not)

Another I think that works for drops, is again Nekros and  Hydroid with the  Pilfering Swarm  Augment Mod. 

An what do you think are not bad team up's, but don't works so well together for some reason.

One I can think of is, Ember and again Nekros,  Seeing as Ember and her power World On Fire destroys and leaves no corpse's behind for Nekros to Desecrate.  

So I like to hear what warfarme's you thing work well together or Not well enough.

13 answers to this question

- Titania's Lantern and

• Vauban's Vortex
  • Inaro's Desiccation / Sandstorm / Scarab Storm
  • Loki's Radial Disarm
  • Ember's Fire Blast
  • Hydroid's Tentacle Swarm
  • Excalibur's Exalted Blade
  • Mag's Polarize
  • Volt's Overload
  • Ash's Blade Storm
  • Frost's Avalanche
  • Nyx's Absorb / Chaos
  • Banshee's Sonar / Slience / Resonating Quake
  • Saryn's Spore / Miasma
  • Equinox's Maim
  • Valkyr's Paralysis / Hysteria
  • Atla's Landslide
  • Rhino's Stomp / Charge
  • Ivara's Artemis Bow
  • Trinity's Link / EV
  • Nekro's Desecrate / SOTD / Terrify
  • Wukong's Primarl Fury / Iron Jab
  • Nezha's Divine Spears / Blazing Chakra / Fire Walker / Warding Halo
  • Nova's Molecular Prime / Antimatter Drop
  • Zephyr's Tornado / Dive Bomb
  • Oberon's Hallowed Ground
  • Mesa's Peacemaker
  • Mirage's Prism
  • Chroma's Spectral Scream / Effigy
  • Limbo's Cataclysm

if your talking synergistic powers ive covered a few ..ill edit and add as i remember but  ones off top of head

nova + limbo= immortal and booms everywhere , nova sets them up limbo the trigger

vauban + saryn (spore) = spore spread, vauban vortex can pull gas attacks like pox into itself and spread instances of the gas effects to a single point 

Ember + nezha = fire combo 

mag + nova = kaboom

volt + zephyr = speed runners

trinity +banshee +equinox (d) +saryn = maelstrom of death 

rhino + valkyr /+wukong = melee buddies

necros + nezha 

nyx(aegis) + nova

frost + ember =damage/cc + def/surv

zephyr + nova (speed)

Good synergies would include:

Loki's Disarm, Frost's bubble, Nova's slow, and Saryn's Spores.
Enemies forced to run to you, slowed upon approach, slowed already along with receiving double damage, halved health.

Vauban's Vortex + any DoT that can hold still on, around, or in the vortex.
Enemies stuck within a CC globe taking unavoidable ticks of DoT damage.

Limbo's rift powers and any AoE caster frame.
Limbo makes the caster invincible, caster makes the enemies dead.

And many, many more. Some are obvious, some aren't. More intentional synergies would be great, such as combining Frost's first power with Ember's Fireball to make the enemy explode, or something.

(I'll edit this as I think of more)

Limbo + Loki. Banish the Decoy, and boom. Immortal distraction that pulls aggro from you. It's especially effective against Infested and sets them up for mass AOE attacks.

Disarming Loki + Mesa + Repelling Vauban. Mesa goes full turret mode on the enemies and Vauban's Bastille makes sure none of the (now-disarmed and forced to melee) enemies get close enough to hit her.

Volt and Jet stream Zephyr. Sanic speeds, excellent for Capture missions.

Volt, Rhino, Saryn and Valkyr. Mix of buffing yourselves, debuffing the enemy and upping the attack speed of melee attacks means blendermode.

Edited by Jackviator

I think Banshee + Equinox combo has been patched (haven't tested it after that, someone told me in a pub game). Same thing for Desecrate + Dismembered corpses, it doesn't work that way after the rework.

Some other nice combos I can think of (not necessarily optimal for a given situation, but that's still synergy):

• Savage Banshee + Teleport Ash
  • Toxic Effigy Chroma + Spore Saryn, to spread toxic spores
  • Toxic Sandstorm Inaros + Spore Saryn
  • Eternal War Valkyr + any melee frame
  • Magnetize Mag + Vortex Booben
  • Limbo/Ivara + Mesa, invincible/invisible turret
  • Jet Stream Zephyr + Ivara
  • Last one: Teleport Loki + Mesa for a movable turret..I haven't tried it, does it even work?

Repelling Bastille and Snow Globe makes a shield that blocks both melee and ranged attack.

Banish and Sound Quake gives you an invulnerable wide-area lockdown and reduces Sound Quake's energy cost to 1 energy per second.

1 hour ago, (PS4)KwGeek77 said:

One I can think of is, Ember and again Nekros,  Seeing as Ember and her power World On Fire destroys and leaves no corpse's behind for Nekros to Desecrate.  

Unless it was changed recently, destroyed corpses can still be targeted by Desecrate for a short duration after they are destroyed.

Since many I was going to say have already been said, there's one or so that I think works out pretty well:

Oberon's 2nd ability + Mesa's 4th:
A bit of extra protection to ward off nearby melee-oriented enemies that possibly she can't take care of or didn't notice them at all. With a bit extra Power Strength you can definitely kill off most of them trying to get close to her lol.

(Day) Equinox's 4th + Nekros' 3rd:
Pretty much Desecrate heaven lol. Since her 4th pretty much cuts apart all enemies into tiny little pieces, this can absolutely be beneficial for Nekros' and builds that require to have enough orbs out of the field to use when applicable.

Titania's 3rd + Trinity's 1st/2nd:
For those who use long duration builds (Link and/or melee focused builds specifically) and just want to leave an ongoing pulse of health and/or energy would be perfect to use on whoever's affected by Titania's Lantern. I still like calling it Lamp Lighter better lol.

At least then you wont need to worry about your teammates killing them off to quickly, stopping what you're doing just to use another Well of Life/Energy Vampire constantly, and can just focus on the fighting.

57 minutes ago, Doc-Orange said:

Positive effects when you combine warframes is a perfect idea. You can combine it with some difficulty, e. g. the powers must be triggered on the same time window of 10s or so...

A bit of a side note (though still related) if they ever looked into a few of these combinations and made some awesome effects from it, that would definitely be awesome!

Personally a game that does something akin to this idea that I think they pulled it off brilliantly is the 'spell combinations' in Soul Sacrifice Delta.

Spoiler

Basically your spells via offerings (think Abilities in Warframe but with 6 instead of 4) in the second game can be combined with other ones during battle (by your allies or your own spells) will create these awesome effects, usually turning into something really crazy.
Definitely something to take a page out of. Not to say it's a 1:1 ratio since Soul Sacrifice Delta and Warframe are fundamentally different games, but regardless it's just one great source to see a similar system that works very well.

With that being said, although we have some pretty cool synergy abilities between Warframes already, I'd personally love if they could fully utilize this idea and create some awesome effects when certain abilities are mashed together. Some off-the-top-of-my-head examples:

• The easiest example I can think of is if Atlus' Augment to create smaller Rumblers didn't exist, imagine working with a Valkyr to use Paralyze right when you spawn them (not after two seconds or so after they spawn to prevent exploitation) which would explode them into the smaller Rumblers. Of course it would be still affected by Atlus' stats like now but maybe add a small little benefit you can get from Valkyr maybe as well?
  • Ember standing on Nezha's Fire Trail, (some fire-esque aura once Ember's on it to indicate there is an effect inplace) which will create larger Fireballs (for her 1st ability).
  • Volt using shock at an area where Vauban's Tesla are placed (environment, enemy, etc), which will create a larger spark AOE that could add additional damage and/or shock/stun them for a few seconds. If the latter continual use will make the same enemies more resistant

Here are a few that I've had the pleasure of being in.

Vauban's Bastile and Ivara's Artemis Bow. Add in Banshee for overkill.  :D

Ember's WoF and Speed Nova on Infected Defense.

Ivara's Cloak Arrow and Avalanche Frost for sortie Defense.  That one was too much fun.